Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,461 to 6,480 of 15,874

TheFrenchiestFry

@faint Well Skyrim is going to sell well as long as Bethesda actually keeps it relevant. It's the modern day RE4. Hell it only came out about a year after Special Edition on other consoles and the extra Zelda content probably boosted its publicity way up

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Euler

So obviously Nintendo's next move should be to get that CoD: Warcrimes for Reagan game on the Switch with extra Zelda content.

Euler

jedgamesguy

@TheFrenchiestFry These tactics benefit us for sure because it means more games. You're a PlayStation gamer too (you're on PushSquare), like me, so it seems that us, and many more people can enjoy these mind games as they happen!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry Skyrim will remain relevant until at least Elder Scrolls 6 comes out which is probably still a very long way off. It's the same with GTAV and MK8, release a very popular game and then don't create a successor for like a decade or so

There's some games where a game being the most recent game in the franchise for a very long time works extremely well (e.g. MK8 if it got regular DLC after MK8 Deluxe's launch, Smash Ultimate) but not single player story driven experiences.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

By the way the date I predict the Direct will come on is either the 24th (Tuesday) or the 25th (Wednesday).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikaPhantom

I think at the very least we'll get a full Direct before the release of 3D World + Bowser's Fury. This week would be nice though

PikaPhantom

LzWinky

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

@LzWinky They're considerably more direct than you think. Considering the Switch's library consists of a lot of big multiplatform games that commonly occupy the other platforms just as often, I'd say Switch is probably the closest in competition Nintendo has come against Sony and Microsoft since the GameCube days

At the same time, the Switch makes a great second console without much overlap to the others

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano i think is very likely we have a Nintendo Direct,Partners Showcase or Indie World Showcase in january or march, the octobre Partners Showcase, was the last presentation Nintendo have this year to show her first party games or third party games coming to Switch this year and 2021, unless during the TGA 2020, Nintendo reveal more first party or third party games coming to Switch in 2021.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Dezzy

PikaPhantom wrote:

I think at the very least we'll get a full Direct before the release of 3D World + Bowser's Fury. This week would be nice though

I can't imagine they'll do a Direct for the sake of a port. I guarantee Bowser's Fury will be like a 30 minute novelty add-on, and a single short trailer will explain it just fine.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy Notice though that most of Nintendo's Wii U ports have been titled [Mario Kart 8 / Pikmin 3] "Deluxe", or [Hyrule Warriors / Xenoblade Chronicles] "Definitive Edition", or "Remastered", or "HD". Bowser's Fury is big enough to warrant existing in the title of the game, as if it's a standalone game. That, and consider how long it took to bring it to Switch, when something like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker took less than a year. It probably isn't gonna be the size of a full game, but best case scenario is that it'll be to 3D World what Torna is to Xenoblade 2.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dezzy

@theJGG

What, like half the size of the base game? I'm like 99.7% sure that won't be true. At the absolute most, it will be 1 additional "world". So like 1/8th of the base game.

If it was anything like Torna, they'd consider releasing it standalone.

Edited on by Dezzy

faint

@Dezzy didn’t the 3ds Bowsers inside story tack a 10 hour extra quest on the end? Bowser jr’s journey.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

link3710

Even the sidestories in Pikmin 3 are around 30% the length of the full game, and that's not marked up as much. I'd expect Bowser's Fury to be closer to New Super Luigi U in terms of content based on how they're advertising it. So 50% is reasonable, though perhaps just a bit high.

That said... it won't be until January at the earliest that we'll get a direct. So either it's then or a standalone trailer.

link3710

Dezzy

Well clearly a lot of you are more optimistic than I am.

Lets just hope you're right then. I already sold my Wii U version in anticipation of getting this new version!

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy Hope your faith is rewarded. I'd sell my Wii U games and console too but I'm not ready to say goodbye to Xenoblade X, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker or Twilight Princess yet.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dezzy

@theJGG

I didn't sell my console. Just a couple of the key games, so I could buy the Switch versions instead. I keep the Wii U console for Wii and Gamecube backcompat.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy We shall have to wait and see if Nintendo does anything for Zelda's 35th anniversary. If so that'll give people like me incentive to buy the same game twice or even three times.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Giancarlothomaz

@theJGG something tells me that this games you mentioned, Nintendo could release on Switch for the Legend of Zelda 35th anniversary and in the case of Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, a HD remake that fix many of it flaws, like the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask, ending the year with the release of Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic