Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 6,241 to 6,260 of 15,866

TheFrenchiestFry

lmao don't put your faith in these kinds of sites

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

NintendoByNature

It'll happen and if it doesn't it'll happen later. So either way its happening without a shadow of a doubt

NintendoByNature

ichigomon

honestly at this point I expect that we just don't get a full proper one until next. With all of the covid stuff and how clearly it seems to have impacted their release schedule and general output, it's just been easier to dish out the announcements piecemeal until they have enough put together to justify a full direct. That being said I think whatever direct we finally get is gonna be worth the wait.

~Stick to chocolate and comic books, you're too young for love anyway~

link3710

@GilbertXI Lol, the Kirby game doesn't even have the right name. Though, they got close considering it sounds like they were aiming for it to sound like a Kirby Fighters sequel.

...but anything that suggests we'll be getting Galaxy 2 as DLC isn't even worth considering. The ooonly way that'll work is if 3D All-Stars becomes a free app at the end of it's exclusivity period, with all 4 games available for separate purchase from it acting as a loader (but with no soundtracks probs).

link3710

ichigomon

@link3710 I agree. I don't buy any Galaxy 2 rumors.

~Stick to chocolate and comic books, you're too young for love anyway~

link3710

Well, Bravely Default II is rated, and as such probably landing before the end of the year. That's another pending announcement. Though admittedly, that one will probably be the big star of the October Third Party Showcase, so I'm guessing a Late November / Early December release.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 im hoping if this year its October. I dont think I'm grabbing pikmin 3 and November and December will be all hyrule warriors and immortals.

NintendoByNature

GilbertXI

@link3710 oh yeah I forgot about that game. Still very excited for it though.

GilbertXI

RR529

So if Bravely Default II does hit in December, how do you think Nintendo's 2020 lineup will be remembered in retrospect:

Jan: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Encore, Brain Training (in EU)
Feb:
Mar: Animal Crossing: NH, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
April:
May: Xenoblade Chronicles DE
June: Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
July: Paper Mario: the Origami King
Aug:
Sept: Super Mario 3D All Stars
Oct: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Nov: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Dec: Bravely Default II, Fitness Boxing 2

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

link3710

@RR529 Better update that list, you're already missing a game lol

...still, I'm sad Adeleine isn't playable. Hoping for further unlockable characters but... guess we'll see.

link3710

GilbertXI

@RR529 pretty mediocre, not good not bad. Nintendo is saying that a whole slew of software releases will come out soon, looking forward to that. I hope MP4 is going well, I worry about retro sometimes.

GilbertXI

porto

@RR529 Not too bad on its own, not that appealing compared to 2019's lineup.

Jan: New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Feb: Tetris 99
Mar: Yoshi's Crafted World
Apr:
May:
June: Super Mario Maker 2,
July:
Aug:
Sep: Link's Awakening, Super Kirby Clash
Oct: Luigi's Mansion, Ring Fit Adventure,
Nov: Pokemon Sword/Shield, Mario and Sonic,
Dec:

I hope Nintendo continues the pattern of having tons of great games near the end of the year, such as All-Stars.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

GilbertXI

This is the third Kirby game so far, right? Pretty good.

GilbertXI

link3710

@GilbertXI Yeah, we get one every year (Well, one was on 3DS during the Switch's lifespan). Though, typically, we get 2-4 small spinoff titles for every mainstream title that releases. We're likely to hit the three year mark on Kirby Star Allies release without the next major title released (it'll be March 2021), which means we can expect the next major Kirby in either 2021 or 2022.

link3710

Noble_Haltmann

I’m sure the next big Kirby game will be some time next year given the usual time periods between releases. It’s actually already been way longer than normal, which is very promising given the director said he’s hoping the next one will be the series’ pinnacle, though it could also be Covid that’s been keeping it. I was actually speculating earlier today that we’d get the double announcement of Kirby Fighters 2 and a teaser reveal for the main series entry coming early to mid next year, but I guess it’ll probably be one of 2021’s big Fall/holiday titles that they love to have so many of these days.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Magician

RR529 wrote:

So if Bravely Default II does hit in December, how do you think Nintendo's 2020 lineup will be remembered in retrospect?

@RR529

2017 > 2019 > 2018 > 2020

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic