Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 13,141 to 13,160 of 15,822

Grumblevolcano

@Professor_Plumber Given Persona 3 Reload listings for Switch at retailers but not in the updated trailer, it does seem like Direct is imminent. Either a Mini/Partner Showcase shadow dropped today or a general Direct announced today for airing tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FawfulsFury

My 100% accurate direct prediction:
1 Waluigis taco stand announcement
2 Botw 3 announcement
3 Zelda cd switch ports
4 hotel mario movie
5 switch u

FawfulsFury

ElRoberico

FawfulsFury wrote:

5 switch u

You joke, but I would do questionably legal things for the Switch 2 to have Wii U-like capabilities.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

TheBigBlue

I always knew a partner direct would be the case instead because of Nintendo’s absence from E3 and Summer Fest. I honestly don’t care about what Nintendo has to offer if they don’t have anything to offer past Pikmin 4. I’ll keep plugging away at TOTK most likely. The only thing I care about is a Genealogy Of The Holy War remake, which is inevitable since it comes after Valentia/New Mystery Of The Emblem. I just hope it’s out at some point…

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Grumblevolcano

@Professor_Plumber Yes, general Directs are announced the day before (usually at 3pm UK time) meanwhile Direct Mini and Partner Showcase are usually shadow dropped at 3pm UK time with no prior warning.

So if the Persona 3 Reload Switch retailer listings mean anything for this week, we're looking at a Mini/Partner Showcase.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

I could be wrong but I'm doubting that Persona 3 Reload is coming to Switch.

Why would Nintendo/Atlus hold back the announcement of that for a Direct but not Tactica? Makes no sense to me.

I think the more likely scenario here is that it simply isn't coming to Switch and that the retailer listing was just an assumption/mock up and not indicative of something actually happening.

Supposedly that retailer also had a listing for a physical version of Alan Wake II, which we know isn't happening...

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

@IceClimbers

Sounds like a headline for a thegamer article.

But we do have...

...at the same time, it could be a placeholder that amounts to nothing.

Play-Asia also has a tendency for creating pages for game releases that don't happen.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheBigBlue

At this point, after the third time Nintendo direct has trended on twitter this month, the online Nintendo community are losing it again. I swear, Directs are their version of grabbing a needle and pumping drugs into their bloodstream. They are addicted and spoiled for directs. I remember the clickbait videos last year saying that after the partner direct last year, “This will be THE END of Nintendo! The WORST direct they’ve ever done!” Nintendo won’t collapse overnight if they rely on DLC and third party games comprising the summer releases. Honestly, this is embarrassing. Thankfully, Nintendo life users are very patient and understanding of how exactly Nintendo functions. We have much more realistic expectations and don’t assume things and rumors and twist them into fact. And then there is twitter and YouTube, where people would probably go as far as to start killing themselves if they don’t get a direct on the exact day and month and time every single year. Unbelievable. PS: this is a less extreme example of what I’ve seen, but why should Nintendo announce their fall/winter lineup IN THE MIDDLE OF JUNE. These social media users lack brain cells it seems. For the record, that’s what September directs are for.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

TheBigBlue

@Professor_Plumber what Nintendo probably plans to do is sustain the period after Pikmin 4 with twitter drops like Wave 5 and third party content from a partner direct next month. That’s what they did last year and it worked out in the end

Grumblevolcano

Not being focused on a long single player game is what got me really caught up in the Direct timing speculation game. Wave 5 was the key thing I was holding out for regarding not playing TotK after I finished Return to Dream Land Deluxe as I was certain it would've been announced by now. But enough time has passed that I'm not sure I even want to play TotK prior to Pikmin 4. That Ghost Trick demo was so fantastic and the FF announcements makes me want to prioritize playing FFX over TotK.

There's also the situation that the handling of TotK spoilers has been done so well. Somehow I still know very little about the game (not much outside the official Nintendo reveals up to and including the April trailer) so it can wait.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

There needs to be a Direct. Content creators are starved for low hanging fruit and are resorting to being 'worried' about Nintendo again.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Kermit1doesmath

@GrailUK if Ninty doesn't do a Direct they will fall and never recover, not even Mario will save them from this fight. - Switchforce

dysgraphia awareness human

TheBigBlue

@Owl1 no way he actually said that word for word

Because it’s totally something he would say word for word

TheBigBlue

@Professor_Plumber he vanished, huh? Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him in a while, a month maybe. I didn’t want to assume he was the real Switchforce, but he made it painfully obvious that he probably was when he would argue with Skywake in the leaks and rumors forum about showing your face on a YouTube camera to back up your point or whatever. That made me believe it’s most likely the real Switchforce

FishyS

YouTubers all have their own ways to get viewers; fundamentally they are entertainers and speculating wildly on YouTube is no worse than us doing it here.

That said, I am predicting a 47 second long micro-direct. Switch sound Pikmin 4 is still a thing! And did you know you can buy new TotK amiibo?? 20 second sizzle reel.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic