Soul Calibur Trilogy Collection

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

Bolt_Strike

FishyS wrote:

Personally I think a Super Mario Land 1/2 remake would be fun and ever since they added 2 to NSO, I think it's been a definite possibility.

This video is a bit more Daisy focused, but I think this offers some insight into why Super Mario Land is relatively forgotten:

In short, the console and handheld Mario teams were competing with each other creatively and the main Mario teams we have now didn't work on the Game Boy team and seem to resent the games and characters that weren't created by them. That seems to explain why we don't see Daisy or Waluigi outside of spinoffs. And that's why they might not be interested in remaking Super Mario Land and would rather it remain obscure and forgotten. Emulated ports on VC/NSO/something new in the future is probably all we're going to get from the Mario Land games.

FishyS wrote:

A only slightly modified port of one of the New Super games (or a collection) is also very plausible.

A NSMB collection would be a great idea, but they're still trying to sell NSMBU Deluxe this gen. Again, wait until next gen.

FishyS wrote:

I really do think someone at Nintendo keeps track of their 30+ year Mario game streak and will make sure that streak is not broken. I suppose we could just get sports and more sports, but please no.

No, they don't think like this. When they greenlight projects they're looking at what game concepts they think are profitable and/or creative and then they strategically try to schedule them at the best times they can to maximize profit. There's a long streak of Mario games because the Mario brand is extremely profitable, but there's likely no mandate to have a Mario game every year.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FishyS

@Bolt_Strike In terms of profitability, they could put out a 'Mario sells car insurance' game this year and people would buy it just because of all the Mario movie hype. I really don't think Nintendo is just going to let all that hype go to waste, regardless of whether they have other traditions about Mario game scheduling.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Bolt_Strike

FishyS wrote:

@Bolt_Strike In terms of profitability, they coud put out a 'Mario sells car insurance' game this year and people would buy it just because of all the Mario movie hype. I really don't think Nintendo is just going to let all that hype go to waste, regardless of whether they have other traditions about Mario game scheduling.

Nintendo typically doesn't care about timing their releases to events such as anniversary years or multimedia things such as movie releases. They just let the games happen on their own time. I don't think they think we absolutely HAVE to have a main series game this year, even a filler port/remake. They're probably going to be more focused on what's ready to release and what can tide them over until next gen.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

With Mario there's a few options:

• A new mainline game indicating Nintendo's going all out with the late Switch era rather than saving stuff for the next hardware. I absolutely don't think this theory can be counted out.
  • Older games being brought over, Galaxy 2 being the most obvious one but there's also 3D Land and 3 NSMB games to choose from (stuff like Super Mario Land will come to NSO). They could even re-release 3D All Stars but with Galaxy 2 included or as DLC.
  • Mario sports, GC/Wii delved even more into Mario sports than Switch currently has so following the pattern of those systems would suggest Baseball/Sluggers is next.
  • Mario & Sonic as there's been a Mario & Sonic game for Beijing 2008, London 2012, Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2020 so it's a safe guess that SEGA will do something for Paris 2024. Though I do recall someone saying in one of these threads that there's rumours about the next one not having Mario so it can be multiplatform.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

Something Paper Mario tier could happen, and there was a rumour along those lines not that long ago. I wouldn't bet on it but. As @Bolt_Strike said, Nintendo rarely lines up releases with anniversaries or major releases. When it has happened it seems more of a coincidence than something planned

You have to remember that software takes years to develop. Theres planning, localisation, distribution etc and that's before any potential delays or reworking. And it has to line up with moving hardware plans. You don't do all that and also line up with other releases

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TheBigBlue

I agree with what has been said. These games do take time, believe it or not. I’d rather Nintendo take 6 years, 7 years, hell even 10 years making a full, completed, new Mario masterpiece than shoving one out the door unpolished and not ready for release because of some event that Nintendo doesn’t have to “capitalize on the hype” for. It makes little sense.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

StarPoint

What do we think of a likelihood of a Direct after the Ubisoft and Capcom showcases? The Ubisoft one didn't really have much for Switch owners apart from Prince of Persia, but the Capcom one did have a few titles like Ghost Trick and the Apollo Justice Trilogy, the latter of which could have definitely been announced in a Direct.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Polvasti

Surely the next Direct will announce a DLC/Season Pass for TotK?

Polvasti

Grumblevolcano

@StarPoint I could see a segment in a Direct showcase the Sparks of Hope DLC in more detail with the next wave (The Last Spark Hunter) being released very soon after. So like what happened with XC3 and FE Engage in the February 2023 Direct.

Otherwise I think it would've gotten a release date at the Ubisoft event given it's currently scheduled for Mid 2023.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

blindsquirrel

@StarPoint
We still have Metroid Prime 4, TOTK dlc, GameCube remasters ( TTYD was rumored), and the Zelda Wii U remasters that could be announced.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

k_pill

I really hope they at least give us 'Mario galaxy 2' be it dlc or standalone

Edited on by k_pill

k_pill

ElRoberico

@k_pill They should do Super Mario 3D All Stars 2 with Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Galaxy 2, and Super Mario 3D Land.

I also somewhat expect one big announcement for the fall/winter months with ports that are supporting it. I'm hoping for a direct soon too.

Also, @jump shouldn't we be waiting for 3 PM GMT now?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

TeaCatherine

@ElRoberico It's past 4 over here, also the last few haven't been bang on 3.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

TheBigBlue

ElRoberico wrote:

@k_pill They should do Super Mario 3D All Stars 2 with Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Galaxy 2, and Super Mario 3D Land.
I also somewhat expect one big announcement for the fall/winter months with ports that are supporting it. I'm hoping for a direct soon too.

Also, @jump shouldn't we be waiting for 3 PM GMT now?

This would be fun, but actually quite a bit of work. Remember that 3D land and SM64 DS are both DS/3DS games, and adjusting the controls and all the little touch screen mechanics would be a chore just for a little Mario collection. Stand-alone Mario Galaxy 2 would be easier, but I doubt that’s coming anytime soon. Thankfully I bought the Wii physical version a year or two ago as a backup plan, but my Wii has since died. Ah well.

As for the direct, since Nintendo isn’t attending Summer Fest or E3, they will most likely do what they did last year in the same circumstances. Either a partner direct or none at all, instead favouring twitter drops. Mario Kart Wave 5 alone isn’t worth a full direct, and I doubt they have anything ready to show right now.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Grumblevolcano

It's important to remember that today is Xbox's follow up showcase, if Nintendo were to announce a Direct for this week they'd probably do so after that showcase is over (e.g. announce at 2pm/3pm UK time tomorrow for airing on Thursday).

Also, the embargo Xbox forced over announcing the 3 Atlus games (P3R, P5T, Metaphor: ReFantazio) for platforms not Xbox/PC still isn't over yet.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

LuigiTheGreenFire

E3 would be happening right now, but Nintendo has no June Direct slated.
While Nintendo can be wildly unpredictable, I think we will see a Direct in September. That is one of their most common months to release a Direct.
Late June to mid-July is still on the table even if there is a Direct in September.
While we are all but guaranteed to have 1-2 more unannounced Nintendo titles in the second half of the year, I do think we're looking at a light second half for Nintendo titles. I doubt the next 3D Mario is coming in 2023, but it's not pie in the sky.
Nintendo is probably content to coast on the library Switch has built, plus Tears of the Kingdom as the flagship 2023 title.
Whether or not Switch 2 comes out in 2024, I think we're looking at a light second half of 2023 and most of 2024 for the Switch. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic