Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,761 to 12,780 of 15,803

Euler

Magician wrote:

Euler wrote:

Did Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, or Breath of the Wild ever get their own directs? I don’t believe so.

@Euler

That's a five minute presentation from E3, but I see I was mistaken and they later had a full direct for Mario Kart 8 by itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbuJZP0_8iQ

@MarioBrickLayer Yes, Splatoon is an E ticket franchise and, as such, ripe for its own direct. It still doesn't happen for every big game they release though.

Euler

VoidofLight

@Giancarlothomaz I mean, SV's DLC being there is a given, given that the games heavily hint at DLC in the first place. There's an entire greyed out area on the map after all.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@Euler BotW got it's own direct effectively. Remember E3 2016's digital event, where they showed nothing but BotW that year?

Anti-Matter

3 more days to Pokemon Day.
Hopefully there will be Pokemon Direct on that day.

Anti-Matter

Bolt_Strike

@Anti-Matter A Pokemon Presents has already been confirmed for Pokemon Day.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Euler

VoidofLight wrote:

@Euler BotW got it's own direct effectively. Remember E3 2016's digital event, where they showed nothing but BotW that year?

That was an E3 treehouse, not a direct.

Euler

IceClimbers

@Euler I think the point is that they showed BotW in depth prior to launch, and quite extensively at that, where as we know next to nothing about TotK. This is why it's reasonable to think the game will get a dedicated Direct sometime in March or April.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

I think Nintendo's presentations will be a Pokémon Presents on February 27th (already confirmed), an Indie World sometime this spring, a dedicated Zelda Direct in March/April, another Pokémon Presents in early June, and a Partner Showcase in June.

Then nothing else until September, with everything else being Tweets in the mean time.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I'd also add a Pikmin 4 Direct in June to that list given Pikmin 3 got its own Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Welp.. strap yourselves in. No general direct until Sepetember now. And e3 is officially dead for me.

NintendoByNature

Croctopus

Yeah, no June Direct for sure. Nintendo will just wait until the last minute again to reveal their mysterious second half of the year. I want to be wrong but I also don't want to get burned again after last summer. At least this summer will have Zelda, Pikmin, Splatoon 3's summer season, and my ever-present backlog to tide me over. Nintendo's summer of silence just sucks for those who seemingly only rely on new games. I wish I didn't have to still be dealing with old ones...

Spring-Fresh Cub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

StarPoint

The thing that’s making me hesitant to say that we’re not getting a June Direct is that we have no idea what’s in store for the second half of their year apart from some DLC and Pikmin 4. And September is pretty much too late in the year to show off Q3 of the year. 2022 was different in that aspect because we knew pretty well in advance what major releases for the second half of the year were thanks to the February Direct, but we just didn't get that this time. So I'm holding out hope for a June Direct and I definitely think it's possible based on what we know (or rather don't know) at this point in time.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Solaine

I would at least say, that people shouldn't rule out a june direct completely. They could be showing a lot for the second half of the year. I mean, there really is still a lot that can happen at this point since we only got Pikmin 4 as the title for the second half of the year. Doesn't have to be, but its not totally unlikely either.

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Euler

Nope, everyone's collectively decided that there's for sure going to be a Zelda direct before May but nothing else until September. No new information has been revealed, of course (we've known about E3 for a while now), but the talking points are out.

Edited on by Euler

Euler

Grumblevolcano

@StarPoint There are a few things to consider:

• Baten Kaitos 1+2 (Monolith Soft) is scheduled for Summer
  • Pokemon Presents on Monday (could reveal stuff like there's currently a June gap)
  • There's a lot of story DLC and Nintendo pretty much gave September 2018 to Torna
  • Nintendo did shadow drop Metroid Prime in the February Direct so they could essentially shadow drop something like Prime 2 in a September Direct if they felt like it

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Euler There was a digital event before the treehouse.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic