Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,521 to 12,540 of 15,871

TeaCatherine

@ElRoberico Anyway, all we can do is hope for the best.
(What's your PfP from, by the way?)

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I thought it was but I just haven't really seen it's artstyle so I was just checking it wasn't just some really similar looking character from something else, then I checked their games collection to see if they liked/had the game but they did score some their games but not Celeste. My methods are awful, ineffective and stupid to boot.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

TeaCatherine

@SlashFuture Isn't there normally maintenance to the website or something? I'm personally leaning towards probably not going to be one but cautiously optimistic. That said, you're right there's normally a lot more speculation.

ElRoberico

@TeaCatherine Yeah, it's from Celeste. I'm really bad about rating games, especially when it comes to giving them scores. There's too much nuance in discussing them that I can't exactly state why something is a specific score.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

TeaCatherine

@ElRoberico Fair enough, I mean it looks like we both at least actually add the games we own. Who's the other person in the picture, though? (Also, is the game as hard as everyone says it is?)
Edit: Also, does anyone else think she looks like a squirrel?

TeaCatherine

@SlashFuture Could happen. Imagine if we had another 2020, anything's better than that.

VoidofLight

I'd say if we don't hear anything by tomorrow then the direct isn't happening. Usually Nintendo announces the direct on a Tuesday, and then airs them on Wednesday or Thursday. I never thought the "Direct on the 7th" rumor was credible, given that the 7th was the financial report, so if any day this week was off-limits, it was going to be then.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

TeaCatherine

@VoidofLight Yeah, I'm surprised no-one brought that up before now, it sounded mighty suspicious to me.

WaterKirby_64

While we wait for the announcement of a Nintendo Direct for this month, what are your predictions for this month's Nintendo Direct?

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

Anti-Matter

WaterKirby1964 wrote:

While we wait for the announcement of a Nintendo Direct for this month, what are your predictions for this month's Nintendo Direct?

A lot of games that I will not like. 😑
Cross my finger if there will be at least 1 game that really caught my attention.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@WaterKirby1964 My predictions are:

• Direct starts with Silksong and gives a release date
  • TotK gets a 10 minute segment in the middle of the Direct (BotW Expansion Pass gets added to NSO Expansion Pack straight after the Direct)
  • Nintendo related headlines being - XC3 DLC wave 3 (maybe also the story DLC), MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 4, FE Engage DLC wave 2, a new sport coming to Switch Sports, Splatoon 3 Season 3 (maybe also the paid DLC), Sparks of Hope wave 1, more info on Return to Dream Land, more info on Bayonetta Origins, Advance Wars, Pikmin 4
  • 1st party surprise announcements - Golden Sun remake (the 2 GBA games combined into 1 package without the need for passwords), Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U graphics with 3DS content added), Kid Icarus Uprising
  • 3rd party news - A focus on Square Enix and PS3/360 games. So stuff like a demo for Octopath 2, release date for Pixel Remasters, FFXIII trilogy, FF Tactics, DQIII Remake, Left 4 Dead 2, Batman Arkham Collection, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, etc.
  • Direct closes with Prime remaster(s) and Prime 4

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

blindsquirrel

Some news on Tears of the Kingdom is a guarantee and hopefully a new Mario & Luigi game.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Noble_Haltmann

@Grumblevolcano Awesome prediction list! I really hope it ends with the Metroid Prime double announcement. Also hope they don’t spend too much of the runtime on TOTK since it’s own dedicated direct is already inevitable. The one other thing I would predict is something Mario related, either the rumored new 2d game, sluggers, or some surprise remaster like galaxy 2 or something. I also think we’ll see the final update for Strikers with 2 more characters and a new mode out of nowhere that’ll actually be really fun, but still not enough to save the game (especially at this stage.)

I also think we’ll see a dedicated amiibo headline where they show us a Deep Cut 3 pack, release dates for Pyra and Mythra, and finally the grand reveal of Sora. If we don’t see the latter I might start to think they couldn’t get the rights, because idk why they’d withhold it this long if not for a grand reveal at a big event like this.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Stellar list, mate!

No idea what to think this time so I'll just say 5 random games...

Soul Reaver
Rogue Squadron
Half Life Collection
Sims
Plants Vs Zombies

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

chapuH

@Grumblevolcano I think this direct is going to totally blow it out of the water.
TOTK trailer, followed by announcement of standalone direct.
Pikmin 4 gameplay.
New mario platformer (2D maybe?)
And possibly metroid prime 4 stuff

Hope you're having a good day.

TeaCatherine

@WaterKirby1964
Yeah, I agree with @Grumblevolcano on the penultimate point, I think there'll be quite a few PS3/360 ports.
Probably Advance Wars will get a release date and...
Some other stuff we can't even begin to guess will happen, there's always at least one surprise.

skywake

Euler wrote:

But technology doesn't consistently "march on". Refrigerators, violins, toilets, paper clips, nail clippers, and phoroptors are all similar or identical to how they were in 1950. Sometimes a good idea doesn't need to be continuously improved upon.

I think you seriously misunderstand what I'm about if this is your take. Yes there are some things that advances in technology don't really touch much or at all even within the gaming space. Stuff like speakers and buttons but even stuff like rumble, gyro and accelerometers. Then there's a second category of things that is changing rapidly but doesn't really impact. Like newer standards of WiFi, Multi-Gig Ethernet, the push for resolutions beyond 4K, Dolby Atmos etc. More broadly I'd also put things like wireless peripherals + Audio in this second category

....... but then there's a third category. Things where there is both a rapid advancement in technology in things that could have a significant impact. And I think you know full well that's the type of change I meant. OLED screens, HDR, VRR, "AI" acceleration. The pace at which flash storage has become cheaper per GB and per MB/s. The improvements in battery density and component power efficiency. We also happen to now be on the other side of the chip shortage where component manufacturers are crashing out the other side

Nintendo is in the business of selling games, games are a rendered product. They can only ignore the advancements in that space for so long. Eventually they will release a new hardware revision of some kind, whether that's an entirely new platform or something that exists "within Switch". It's just inevitable. To pretend it isn't is to ignore (gestures at the entire history of the industry)

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

Maintenance is happening soon in the slot that would be very soon after a Direct if one happened on Wednesday:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

NSO on home menu: Thursday midnight - 3am
Online play for some software: 0:55am - 2:30am

On another note it's that time again where we're approaching 3pm UK time, less than 2 hours to go.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic