Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,501 to 12,520 of 15,873

Bunkerneath

I heard from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate, there will be one this week

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Good ol Jeff Grubb. Everyone's favorite, "trust me bro" bro

NintendoByNature

blindsquirrel

@NintendoByNature
I don’t know why he’s looked at as reputable. It seems like he hasn’t gotten a prediction right in a long time.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

@TeaCatherine
Apparently he said that the direct was happening to tomorrow. To be fair, it could still happen, but I doubt it does at this point.

TeaCatherine

@blindsquarel Ah, right. By the way, I totally agree with your faith in his reputability, seriously when was the last time he got something right? (Actually a serious question.)

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

blindsquirrel

@TeaCatherine
I’ve heard he got a direct date right last year, but all I have seen from him is that the Zelda Wii U games are coming to switch, Metroid prime remastered is a guarantee, and that we were for sure getting a summer direct last year.

TeaCatherine

@SlashFuture Yeah, I think you're right, I definitely heard that the other week or something.
@blindsquarel Personally, I'm going to hope he knows his dates better than his "game info". Yeah, I have heard those rumours repeated ad infinitum and whadoya know, still nothing has come of them.

NintendoByNature

Who else is still hyped from the HUGE zelda blowout from the September direct with the Twin Pack Zelda Remasters being playable on the switch pro 😀. Kidding about that last part, but still. I've never watched or listened to him, just heard other YTers mention him and his predictions and wonder why he gets any attention lol.

I mean heck, our very own @GrumbleVolcano has a better track record than Grubb Hubb! And they aren't even a leaker, just a phenomenal predictor!

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

TeaCatherine

@SlashFuture As I said, I'm pretty sure that's what I heard too. I know he got the date of the September one right so I'll be keeping all my fingers crossed on this one.

FragRed

Jeff Grubb is still used as a source for rumours? Wow. That’s surprising. Well, maybe tomorrow they make that announcement to coincide with keeping shareholders happy during the financials. Which I actually thought was today so was trying to work out why no one reported on them.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

westman98

@FragRed
Grubb tends to know the week when Directs will air since he seems to have very reliable sources within certain western developers/publishers.

His info on Japanese publishers/developers like Nintendo should be taken with a gigantic grain of salt.

westman98

Anti-Matter

I don't think I will get excited with Direct in February 2023 because here is the reason.

I don't even care any zelda stuffs or metroid stuffs or fire emblem stuffs or xenoblade stuffs or smash bros stuffs or N64 stuffs.
I don't even have interest with punch out, rhythm heaven, wario games, earthbound, etc.
I don't even like too popular mainstream games like fifa, fortnite or shooter games, just dance, fall guys, among us, minecraft, etc.
Whenever I see those stuffs, I will stop watching the Direct. I don't even want to know them.
I'm not really excited with new Mario games or the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC. I might buy those games but I will be very selective as I have very low hype with Mario stuffs.

The things that I will react positively :
I might get interested by little from new Pokemon spinoff games or remake of older games.
I will get excited from English version of cute cartoonish games by Nippon Columbia.
I will get excited for more cartoonish games by Outright Games / Microids / Game Mill, but I will get them on PS4 / PS5 version.
I will get really excited for new Mii games.
I will get hyperventilate and over excited from ARMS 2, Dragon Quest Builders 3, Yokai Watch 4 English version, Yokai Watch Y Academy English version, Yokai Watch 5 (as long still cartoonish as previous games), Yokai Watch 3 3DS get reprinted before 3DS enclosure, new My Sims / The Sims / Animal Crossing like games by 3rd party developers,
I will die in happiness for cute Chibi Boxing games, Dance Dance Revolution games on modern consoles.

Anti-Matter

JnFnRu

@Anti-Matter
Unfortunately I hope for stuff that you aren't excited by 👀👀👀👀

JnFnRu

TeaCatherine

@JnFnRu Careful, he'll block you and then you won't have to listen to his opinions which he shares all the time..
(Sorry, I got a little salty there.)
But, seriously he does block people on a whim if they disagree with him.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

TeaCatherine

@ElRoberico What a contribution, human civilisation will never be the same again.
Also, you have a point.

ElRoberico

@TeaCatherine I would be lying if that weren't burned in my head since last Tuesday. I'm just tired of waiting at this point because that's where I feel like I am mentally right now.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

TeaCatherine

@ElRoberico So, kind of the image version of an earworm?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic