Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,081 to 12,100 of 15,822

FragRed

TGA is just Geoff grinning for several hours showcasing space FPS games and film trailers. I doubt we will see anything for the Switch, especially as this generation of consoles moves away from support of last generation.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

I think Switch 1st party will get a few "Nintendo Switch has Games" ads like in 2019, Switch 3rd party will get a few things like a tease for the first 2023 Sunbreak update and Goldeneye (though I think a Goldeneye trailer would only list Xbox, see the Persona marketing for example). Outside of games I think we'll see a Mario movie trailer.

But anyone expecting TotK and/or Prime 4 to appear at the Game Awards are likely setting themselves up for big disappointment.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

westman98

There is a small chance Nintendo will show off Tears of the Kingdom at TGA given Breath of the Wild's presence at TGA back in 2014/2016/2017.

But without Reggie I'm not so sure Nintendo will do this.

westman98

VoidofLight

@westman98 Given they didn't the last few years, we'll most likely not see TotK there.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

westman98

@VoidofLight
I'm not all that confident it showing up at TGA either. You are right that Nintendo's recent presence at TGA has been very muted. However, TOTK the exact type of game that TGA audience would be receptive toward as it is extremely likely be a GOTY contender (and possible winner) itself.

Nintendo may treat mainline 3D Zelda differently from their other titles.

westman98

Elbitryq

At this point I'm very content with the line-up and my backlog is so loaded that the only game I actively want would be Xenoblade X. However, there's plenty of announcements I would be excited about, for example anything with Golden Sun, F-Zero, Kid Icarus would be sweet. I'm also a big time sucker for remakes of more obscure games that I never got to play, think something like Eternal Darkness.

So yeah I'm always gonna be looking forward to the next direct, but it feels sweeter not having any expectations/wants when watching it d:

Edited on by Elbitryq

The team concluded that while all of the birds analyzed lacked the sweet receptor, penguin species also lacked bitter and umami—leaving them with the ability to taste only sour and salty.

FragRed

Don’t worry, I’m sure Nintendo will reveal Metroid Prime remake and The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD bundle just like all them “insiders” have been telling us for the past 5 years

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza Your prediction was correct, Indie World is happening this week:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dionysos283

Fingers crossed for Silksong, since it supposedly will be released within the next 6 months. Although it would be big enough for a proper Direct. It's probably more likely that it will be announced at TGA, I guess.

dionysos283

StarPoint

I'm really hoping for an Outer Wilds official release date.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Giancarlothomaz

@NintendoByNature don't expect nothing for Nintendo at TGA 2022, given that the only reason Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild was at TGA, because Reggie flis Aime was a friend of Geoffrey Keighly, without Reggie flis Aime as a president of NOA, i doubt Nintendo is gonna show something at TGA 2022, so don't expect Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom or any Nintendo game at this event, the markerting for Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom will begin next year.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

NintendoByNature

These have been fairly lackluster lately, so I'll check to see what got announced afterwards

NintendoByNature

RR529

"Thursday Nov. 3rd, 2022"

RR529 wrote:

I could see us maybe getting something along the lines of an Indie World over the next month, but other than that the only thing I expect until the Feb Direct is whatever they hand out to TGA (probably just the full reveal of the 3rd "Booster Course" pack for MK8D).

Does this make me a leaker, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WiiWareWave

@RR529 I wouldn't be surprised if Wave 3 is fully announced on the 9th and releasing between late-November / early-December. It's not unheard of for DLC for first party games being announced at the end of these Indie World Showcases. I'm pretty sure a couple of the Smash fighters were announced in this manner.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The Indie World article comments brought up an interesting point, the Advance Wars remake. It would technically fit as The House of the Dead remake was in the April 2021 Indie World (an indie studio remaking a SEGA game) and Advance Wars is similar (an indie studio remaking a Nintendo game). Could be the Switch's December 2022 game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic