Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,061 to 12,080 of 15,874

Fizza

Clearly I have been out of the loop, what the hell has happened in the last few days for everyone to be assuming a Direct?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

Is it 3 pm in the UK yet?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TeaCatherine

@Jump Nope.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Fizza

....So about that 3PM tweet.

VoidofLight

Why do people think we're getting another direct? We generally get the year's last direct in September, and then nothing until February.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Giancarlothomaz

why everyone is expecting Nintendo to do another Nintendo Direct this year, they already did all the Nintendo Direct for 2022(in february, the huge third party one and the tradicional septembre Nintendo Direct) if Nintendo give us more information about it games it will be show at TGA 2022, or in a trailer/tweet.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Fizza

@VoidofLight That's what I've been saying! It feels like we've got the entire next half year (2022-Spring 2023) completely covered so I'm struggling to see what the point of a potential November Direct could be. Is the length and quantity of the maintenance suspicious? Absolutely (especially when they happen to coincide with the Pokemon Splatfest). But saying that it's going to be a Direct feels like one hell of a stretch (the last one still feels so new to me).

Though if they announce Ghost Trick for Switch then I ain't gonna complain.

VoidofLight

My thinking is that the maintenance is probably just that. They probably found some sort of exploit or issue with the eshop and fixed it before anyone noticed, which took them a while to do.

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza
β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–ˆβ€ƒβ–€β–ˆβ–€β€ƒβ–ˆβ–€β–€β€ƒβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ–€β–„β€ƒβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ€ƒ β€ƒβ–ˆβ–€β–„β€ƒβ–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ–€β–€β€ƒβ–ˆβ–€β–€β€ƒβ–€β–ˆβ–€
β–ˆβ–‘β–€β–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ–‘β–€β–ˆβ€ƒβ–‘β–ˆβ–‘β€ƒβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β€ƒβ–ˆβ–‘β–€β–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ–„β–€β€ƒβ–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ€ƒ β€ƒβ–ˆβ–„β–€β€ƒβ–ˆβ€ƒβ–ˆβ–€β–„β€ƒβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β€ƒβ–ˆβ–„β–„β€ƒβ–‘β–ˆβ–‘

dysgraphia awareness human

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza @VoidofLight December's completely unknown, there's a bunch of updates/DLC which are scheduled for this holiday which needs more info and release date, Fire Emblem Engage is a new non-Pokemon game releasing in January so it needs big promotion during the holiday season. Also there's been no Indie World since May so it feels like Nintendo's merged Indie World with general Direct.

So there could be a Direct in November which covers November - April (March/April is completely unknown) and then the next Direct ends up being in early March after Kirby releases. In this outcome I'd guess the "one more thing" announcement would be reassurance that Prime 4 is coming to Switch.

Nintendo's interest in the Game Awards plummeted as soon as Reggie left so I don't see them having any big presence there for announcements. Totally expecting another "Nintendo Switch has Games" situation.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano Nothing for March/April is fair, but as for December, if it is just updates/DLC that we're in the dark about, I could totally see them just shadow-dropping that info on us through random trailers (especially for stuff like Splatoon updates).

As for Indie World's then, my guess is that, if this maintenance does hint towards a broadcast, then it'll most likely be one of those.

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano The December updates can just be telegraphed through youtube videos. Fire Emblem is being marketed through the official twitter accounts and could get a trailer at any time, without a need for a direct. TGA is going to most likely be skipped, and if we were getting a big game in December, we would've heard about it by now.

I'm not going to believe a direct is happening until I see the announcement, and we're most likely not going to get an announcement.

RR529

I could see us maybe getting something along the lines of an Indie World over the next month, but other than that the only thing I expect until the Feb Direct is whatever they hand out to TGA (probably just the full reveal of the 3rd "Booster Course" pack for MK8D).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

Not sure I'll be tuning into the Geoffrey show this year. Especially being a nintendo only house...

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature I'm probably most likely not tuning in to TGA, and I have a playstation. TGA is just boring to watch, and most of the games announced at the event are the same generic FPS type game.

Fizza

@NintendoByNature @VoidofLight Eh, I'll probably tune into it myself. It's usually pretty (as the kids would call it) 'cringe', but the atmosphere online is usually pretty chill around TGA season. Plus, they do usually have at least one very exciting reveal (Nintendo or otherwise) so I find it to be pretty worth it personally.

The broadcast times are a different story however (1AM?! GIVE ME A BREAK).

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza I'm gonna watch every second of it! and drink every drop of the lovely cringe up!

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic