Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 11,601 to 11,620 of 15,881

Giancarlothomaz

@FroZtedFlakerZz i don't expect a Nintendo Direct next week(next week Splatoon 3 release, Nintendo is not gonna do a Nintendo Direct when they are still marketing Splatoon 3 and the game is close to release, the tradicional septembre Nintendo Direct will problaby happen at the end of septembre).

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

FroZtedFlake

@Giancarlothomaz I'm not entirely sure it means we're getting one that day, it just means (soon?) after because they'll be updating their general nintendo direct site

I think that we'll have one before the 7th of next month

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Grumblevolcano

I don't think it would be next week because that's probably Sony's slot. Currently Playstation news is bad news after bad news (e.g. most recently there's been PS5 price increase followed by mobile acquisition) so if Sony intends to change that attitude and get people excited for PS5's future, there'll be a Playstation Showcase announcement this week for September 8th (Playstation events mostly happen on Thursdays and Playstation Showcases are announced a week in advance).

Then the following week, the Disney and Marvel Games Showcase is in the Direct time slot among a load of other showcases happening that week. So I think it seems most likely that next week is instead an Indie World early on in the week (e.g. Tuesday) and any other Nintendo events are at the earliest the week beginning September 19th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

While Nintendo has had Directs in the first week of September, I don't recall them ever having a AAA Nintendo release around the same time (Splatoon 3). I think a late September direct would be more likely.

Perhaps in a Bizarro parallel universe, Nintendo has Directs every day, and people there wonder what day Nintendo will not have a Direct.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

nitrolink

There's a Ubisoft Forward on Sept 10th, so a new Sparks of Hope trailer is likely. Nintendo can hold off for a while.

nitrolink

FroZtedFlake

@Grumblevolcano That seems a likely possibility actually, it'd line up with everything I know. I'd much rather have a Nintendo Direct lol but if we get an Indie Direct first, then once we get the actual direct there'll be more first party content
It's not often that Nintendo does an Indie direct and normal direct in the same month though...
I'm quite stubborn so I don't know that my mind's been changed that it won't be early next month, that being said though, your theory would make sense because of Sony's situation.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

FroZtedFlake

@nitrolink I think this late in it's advertising cycle, if Ubisoft is the one revealing more on Rabbids, Nintendo could still just get by mentioning it like they mention recently released games in their directs.

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Grumblevolcano

@WoomyNNYes 2019 we got a general Direct on September 4th meanwhile a big release in the form of mainline Zelda (a 2D remake but still mainline Zelda) and the Switch Lite came on September 20th. Nintendo used to do general Directs before a release rather than after. Nowadays Nintendo waits for the gap though:

• 3D World (February 12th 2021) -> General Direct (February 17th 2021)
  • WarioWare Get It Together (September 10th 2021) -> General Direct (September 23rd 2021)
  • Pokemon Legends Arceus (January 28th 2022) -> General Direct (February 9th 2022)

@FroZtedFlakerZz It's only happened once (both general Direct and Nindies Showcase happened in March 2018) though general Direct came first) but then again things change. September general Directs always used to be earlier in September (1st or 2nd week) but then last year it was late September, also first Indie event used to be March before this year but this time was mid May.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FroZtedFlake

@Grumblevolcano Yeah who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and get a double showing again September, I'm just thinking if it comes between a General Direct and and Indie, I'm thinking likely General.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

kkslider5552000

I'm feeling very petty so I just want to point out that I've not forgotten that one Nintendo Direct early last year where people said it wasn't good when they literally showed quality game after quality game for 40 minutes. And then they were all like "at least it had Mario Golf" because they don't actually play games not made by Nintendo.

These people got the Mario Golf game they deserved. I'll continue to enjoy actual games I actually like and not just buy games purely for the brand on it.

Did you guys even remember they showed Neon White? No one even cared about that trailer, its one of the best rated games this year now! Life is funny.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

The Direct likely will be in September 2022.

Anti-Matter

Blooper987

If the direct does end up happening on the first I'm gonna be so happy cause it's my birthday

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Magician

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Did you guys even remember they showed Neon White? No one even cared about that trailer, its one of the best rated games this year now! Life is funny.

@kkslider5552000

I...I cared...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FroZtedFlake

Apparently a Jeff Grubb leak came out
He says week of September 12th and we're getting Windwaker + TP remasters and a Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster

If this is true it means my hunch that it was happening very early September was wrong :,(
Windwaker and Twilight Princess remasters would be great though, I'll have most of my favorite games on the same console!

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

NintendoByNature

If we're getting WW/TP it has to be like right now. They can't release it any later if botw2 is spring of 2023.

NintendoByNature

FroZtedFlake

@NintendoByNature Yeah that was my thought, no one would have enough time to finish both of them. It just seems like they probably need to cover their promised "Zelda every year" quota that they would've met had Botw 2 released, so they're gonna pull this one out of their back pocket instead. Hopefully it does release soon though... I need to finish up Xenoblade 3 and if those release I can't not replay them.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

NintendoByNature

@FroZtedFlakerZz yea, I'm about half-ish through XC3. And I still have to play all those September and October releases that are slated. It'll be tough to squeeze WW/TP game sessions in, but I'd make it work.

NintendoByNature

Fizza

God this Pokemon news throws everything out of wack doesn't it. We'll most likely get a trailer tomorrow....which would be the usual time a general Direct is announced....meaning that the general timeframe that a Direct happens (first week of September) isn't happening. This only really leaves next week as our possible time for a Direct due to Tokyo Game Show happening the week after (Nintendo tends to show something from their previous Direct off there from what I understand).....but then that gets complicated when stuff like Ubisoft Forward and a possible Playstation showcase are also happening at that time.

I'm not complaining about Pokemon news in the slightest (I can't wait to see our first aye aye Pokemon) but it would be nice to have a Direct sooner rather than later. Then again, they might throw an even bigger curveball and chuck the Pokemon trailer into a general Direct but what do I know.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic