Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 11,501 to 11,520 of 15,881

FragRed

I do think it’ll be in September but I’m wondering if it’ll be a partnership showcase again and Nintendo just shadow drop trailers for games nearer next year. It’s hard to really know after what’s been happening.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed The article about no hardware this fiscal year is making lean towards the same outcome. No hardware this fiscal year probably means BotW 2 is April 2023 or later (Nintendo have announced Spring titles to be March before like the 2 Kirby games so it was possible BotW 2 was March 2023) and the September general Direct mostly covers September - March which means BotW 2 would likely be absent if it's not a March 2023 release.

What do we have then:

• Kirby's Dream Buffet - I think it's very likely to release in August which means it wouldn't have presence in September
  • Splatoon 3 updates - I think it's very likely to have a Splatoon 3 Direct in August, then post launch updates could be a twitter post
  • Switch Sports golf - That could be a twitter post like the Leg Strap update was
  • MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 3 - That could be a twitter post like Wave 2 was
  • More news on Sparks of Hope - Likely at Ubisoft's event in September (Ubisoft Forward) and was present at the June Partner Showcase so could appear at another one
  • More news on Bayonetta 3 - Could be a Bayonetta 3 Direct in September/October (Bayonetta 2 had its own Direct) or twitter post like the release date trailer was
  • More news on Scarlet/Violet - Pokemon hasn't appeared in a Direct since the March 2020 Mini so could be just twitter posts now that we had the Pokemon Presents yesterday

That's the known stuff, now for the unknown stuff. It's possible that Nintendo announces something else for this year but it's also possible that what we know is it, meanwhile January - March usually has 2 releases so we're likely looking at a maximum of 3 unknowns. Nintendo sometimes uses Square Enix and Capcom exclusives to fill in gaps (e.g. MH Rise took the March 2021 slot). We've also got the indefinite delay of Advance Wars to take into account.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Whatever happens with the new hardware, Nintendo is gonna want to go all out once again with several big releases. BOTW 2 would be again a great showpiece as well as a new Mario Kart because that game alone would sell systems. But I’m not sure they’d release a new game in that franchise while the DLC is still ongoing. They must be working on the next Mario game unless rumours were true and it’s actually Donkey Kong.

There’s so many unknowns about how Nintendo would go about the launching new hardware. When do they reveal it? Because that would likely have a knock on effect as to what they release for the current Switch during that timeframe.

I think Advance Wars will release early next year, probably with minimal advertising. They could always release that Metroid Prime Trilogy early next year, but dunno. Nintendo usually goes pretty quiet on big new releases in the lead up to new hardware because their teams are focusing on developing games for that.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Fizza

Pokemon Presents spoilers without context:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano i believe Nintendo will release a new hardware with Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2, Switch was released with Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, the remake of Link Awakening was released with Switch Lite, history will repeat itself with Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 and the Switch sucessor.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Given that announcement, we can now look forward to an indie world and then the real deal within about 4-5 weeks.

NintendoByNature

Fizza

Between Mario Kart, Pokemon, EVO and now this, I've been absolutely feasting on news as of late. Crazy how I made that comment talking about how annoyingly quiet all of my favourite series have been news wise only a week or so ago and then each of those series put out banger trailer after banger trailer. Needless to say, I'm so hyped.

MarioVillager92

I know I've been kind of critical towards Splatoon 3, at least with what they've announced up to this point, but I won't mind watching the S3 Direct. Hopefully it will have enough stuff that sets it apart from its predecessor.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@Giancarlothomaz The video's been made private, you might want to delete your post here and in the Switch thread. Plus there's likely gonna be a recap article on Nintendo Life's home page anyway.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

I will wait for next Direct about ARMS 2.

Anti-Matter

Magician

Well, now that the Splatoon 3 Direct has come and gone I'm ready for the next digital event.

Looks as though it'll be THQ Nordic.

The only game I'm aware of as announced as coming to Switch from them is the AEW game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

With Gamescom Opening Night Live happening on Tuesday (23rd), I'm now leaning towards Indie World being the week beginning August 29th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano Don't forget about tomorrow's new Pokemon trailer (whether it'll actually be anything of substance remains to be seen but it's still exciting all the same).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic