-Persona 4 Golden
-New Resident Evil Game

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

skywake

What I'd like to see:

• Bayonetta 3
  • Mario & Rabbids
  • Something for NSO, if this happens prob most likely some third party title for N64. There's one in particular that would probably make people not complain about the Direct post-direct

What I expect to see:

• Fall Guys tier ports i.e. poorly done versions of games that are a bit "meh" tier in the first place
  • Something that will make @Anti-Matter happy but will make the rest of this forum groan
  • Something I'd be hyped about if not for the fact that I have it on Steam already
  • Some JRPG or something that goes down well with some but is super meh-tier for me

Expectations set low and I can't be too disappointed

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

westman98

@Bolt_Strike
For starters, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle sold 8 million copies.

You are right that appeal for games like Xenoblade is more limited (but that also means 3 outselling 2 will be easier to achieve since 2 never had ridiculously strong legs that 3 needs to contend with).

As for your overall point, if we look at past history, previous same platform sequels on Nintendo hardware always struggled to outsell their predecessors because most Nintendo platforms see substantial if not outright massive declines in sales and player engagement once they reach their 5th/6th year on the market. This is clearly not the case with the Switch, which is why Nintendo is probably a lot more confident in releasing same platform sequels such as Xenoblade 3 and Splatoon 3.

Edited on by westman98

westman98

ryuuryuunonoroi

First post here. I come bearing an interesting discovery.

It seems as though it is very likely that a property associated with Kenichiro Takaki will be announced during the direct, most likely either a Senran Kagura game or info about the "Project GAMM" game he's working on, though it could also be a port of Granblue Fantasy Versus or something else he's worked on.

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/

I have a habit of checking up on his twitter every now and then, particularly right after these directs get announced on the off chance that he may tip something off by retweeting these announcements, since some devs have done that before. Prior times that I've checked he's never bothered retweeting these announcements. This time he did, however, and both the Japanese and English announcements to boot. So I've got feeling that at least one of the announcements will be a game associated with him.

IMO, ranking in order from most likely to least likely:

• Port collection of previous Senran Kagura Games
  • 7EVEN announced for Switch
  • Project GAMM
  • Port of some other game he's worked on

I rank Project GAMM as less likely because I just think it makes more sense to intend that to be a multiplat game, given that it's being developed an RPG in the vein of the older NES/SNES era gameplay-wise and thus isn't likely to be too taxing to develop across different systems. While I rank a Senran related announcement higher partly because there's still a few more months of the series' 10th anniversary, but mostly due to the simple fact that it's a Marvelous owned IP.

Most people haven't seemed to notice the fact creep up on them, but in recent years Marvelous has become one of Nintendo's most active third-party partners and have been pumping out a ridiculous number of titles lately. Multiple Story of Seasons games, multiple Rune Factory games, Sakuna, of Rice and Ruin, No More Heroes 3, Daemon X Machina and a sequel currently in development, that zombie harvesting game, etc. It makes sense given Tencent's investment in Marvelous and the fact that Tencent is the main distributor for Nintendo's consoles in China. Even if it isn't Senran Kagura related I'd still expect at least one Marvelous project to crop up in the direct.

(Get it? CROP up? Farming puns, Marvelous, haha, please clap...)

Only head-scratcher is in the event 7EVEN has been picked back up then who is going to be directing and developing it, since Takaki is no longer with Marvelous. I have a sneaking suspicion that whatever contract Takaki had set up allows him some degree of veto power over how the IP is used in event of his separation, sort of like how we barely see any new Mega Man or Metal Gear games after the departures of Inafune/Kojima respectively. Though there a still a few developers I can think of that Takaki is on good terms with whom he would trust to handle the IP with care. Particularly one very popular developer who himself has at one point professed a fetish for "the chest".

Well, we'll see what happens in a little less than ten hours.

ryuuryuunonoroi

Anti-Matter

"Something that will make Anti-Matter happy but will make the rest of this forum groan"

I will be happy to see more cartoon games by OG Games or by Microids.

Anti-Matter

Nephestinus

I'm expecting some kind of Tactics Ogre or FFT announcement
maybe an update on one of the upcoming Dragon Quest games...

Nephestinus

wyzau

Still hoping for Genshin Impact

wyzau

Primo40295

@wyzau It feels like a Switch release for the upcoming 3.0 patch with Sumeru might be ideal

Edited on by Primo40295

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

Magician

Considering my preference for third party games rather than first party games on Switch, my expectations for this Direct are higher than lukewarm. There are simply too games that have yet to make their way to the Switch and/or known games that need release dates.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jedgamesguy

Time for some expectation management. I do like @skywake's approach, let's copy it.

What I wish for

• Persona 3P, 4G ports
  • Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster 1-6
  • Genshin Impact (could get me back into it)
  • Something else from Square

What I believe we'll actually get

• Mario & Rabbids (not the biggest fan but I'm happy for the fans)
  • A $20 Square Enix game (a SaGa, etc)
  • A few top tier indie games
  • No Persona.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Fizza

What I wish for:

• Ace Attorney Sequel Trilogy (Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. Throw in Investigations whilst you're at it and maaaaaaaaybe even Ghost Trick if we're polite)
  • Mario + Rabbids info (I loved the first game and we've seen nothing on this for the last two years. I'm going insane)
  • Another indie/Nintendo crossover (Cadence of Hyrule was so dam interesting man, I want more games like it. Give me a Mario spin-off made by the creators of Celeste, or a Metroid game by Team Cherry and I'd be more than satisfied)
  • Another retro collection (there's so many at this point that I wouldn't even know where to begin but I'll take a shot in the dark and say something with Final Fantasy)

What I expect:

• Something Square Enix (I would be SHOCKED if they don't have a presence at this event)
  • A trailer for Monster Hunter Sunbreak (considering how close it is to coming out, I could see them chucking in a quick 1 minute trailer promoting it)
  • Something unexpected (don't lie to yourself: they always do it)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Primo40295

@Fizza Ace Attorney Sequel Trilogy! It would make total sense, fingers crossed.

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

link3710

Hmm... Okay then, let's see.

What I wish for:

• AA Investigations collection - we finally got DGS, so that's the biggie here. That or AA7 finally being announced.
  • Bayo 3 getting a date
  • New Spyro / Crash / THPS game (lol)
  • Ubisoft to make a toy free Starlink sequel with the Star Fox IP
  • MegaMan Battle Network Collection

What I expect:

• Ubisofts Rollerblading game to get an update
  • DC Superhero Girls 2
  • A shoddy Star Wars port
  • The star wars mobile game thing they teased before
  • Something cool, but only cloud version. FF XV full version perhaps?
  • MH Sunbreak
  • Squeenix announces Triangle Strategy Costume DLC
  • Mario + Rabbids 2, but no new info outside of the release date.

link3710

Snatcher

If we actually get Genshin I would be lying if I said I didn’t think it was canceled.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Fizza

Less than 5 minutes, see you guys on the other side!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Fizza Yep, let’s hope we all get something out of this, I personally hope to score this over six.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

jedgamesguy

Not bad Nintendo, not bad! Lots of great stuff! Mainly ports, but it's gonna open a lot of news games up to Nintendo-centric audiences. I didn't even know they could make NieR: Automata run on Switch!

I'm definitely buying all three Persona games though. Even 5.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

StarPoint

Well, that was a pretty solid showcase! Nier, Mega Man, Persona, Mario Rabbids, and some others that didn't quite catch my eye but still looked solid.

BUT! Pac-Man World is back, baby! I have some really fond memories of World 2, so here's to hoping that game gets a remake someday as well.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic