Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 11,361 to 11,380 of 16,024

Grumblevolcano

2020 - 2022 shows the importance of E3. We can now conclude from today's announcement that the 2020 info structure (individual 1st party announcements and Partner Showcases) was a result of E3 being cancelled.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@StarPoint If I had to make my own predictions:

• Booster Course Wave 2 in mid-July.
  • Mario Strikers DLC in early July.
  • Mario + Rabbids info in early August.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@Fizza I guess my main question is: Did Nintendo really not have enough to show to warrant a June Direct? I get that this year is packed already, but we hardly know anything about stuff coming out next year or late this year. But yeah those are some pretty reasonable predictions.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

StarPoint

@chapu2006 I was also thinking of that as well, but it wouldn't make much sense at all at this point. Unless Nintendo just has so much first-party stuff to show off that they couldn't fit all of it into one Direct.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Anti-Matter

I expect nothing since I was content with Wholesome Direct 2022 for upcoming kids games.
If there is nothing interesting from Mini Direct, I just moved on and focus on other games I haven't bought yet.

Anti-Matter

chapuH

@StarPoint That'd be pretty cool, to say the least.

Hope you're having a good day.

MarioBrickLayer

I think we should take Nintendo at their word and assume there will be no announcements regarding 1st party games, I think Mario Kart and Strikers DLC will be announced via tweets at some point.

My predictions:-
1. Mario + Rabbids
2. Lara Croft double pack
3. Batman: Arkham collection
4. Sports Story (new trailer + date)
5. Outer Wilds (dated)
6. Cursed To Golf (Shadow Drop)
7. Tunic

If we get 6 out of 7 I will give this Direct a 10/10!!!

MarioBrickLayer

Mioaionios

My niece's Chihuahua Cassandra listened in on a conversation between 2 janitors while waiting outside Atari's main building. She told me Nintendo is holding this Partner Showcase to get 3rd parties out of the way first. Expect a proper Direct within 2 weeks. Woof.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

HotGoomba

Vortexeo wrote:

I know a lot of people are expecting Persona and Bayonetta 3 but is there any chance of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters showing up here? It has been a year since they were announced I think

Considering the fact that Square Enix is a stupid company that doesn't know what they're doing, I don't think so.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

HotGoomba

Ok, if Mario and Rabbids doesn't get announced in the partner showcase, then why didn't Ubisoft just announce more details during Summer Game Fest? They announced it during their Ubisoft conference last year, so I don't see why not.

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

NintendoByNature

I will say, it's a bit disappointing that's its only a 3rd party showcase. They could've extended the direct an additional 10-15 min, make it a general direct, and have some 1st party stuff. Throw in 1 or 2 new game announcements for 2023, and we're playing ball. But whatevs..I'll watch anyway and more than likely enjoy it 🙃

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Fizza

@HotGoomba Considering how low-key Nintendo's presence as a whole was in that event (it was literally just ADS), they may have either been saving it for this Mini or didn't want it to get lost in the sea of space games (when it itself is a space game).

Oh, and Last Of Us Remake. That might've swayed things just a tad as well.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Vortexeo

@HotGoomba Yeah, you're probably right 😅shouldn't get my hopes up lol

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Buizel

@Slowdive NieR Automata?

Sounds like a prime candidate for a Switch cloud version!

At least 2'8".

Mioaionios

I'm disappointed it's a partner showcase, not going to lie, but maybe we'll get a couple of nice surprises.
Ghost Trick Remaster, anyone?

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

FragRed

@Slowdive I saw that tweet. The second and third coming separate has me worry these are gonna be full price bare minimum remasters spread over 3 years with the fourth game releasing on the Switch successor. That sounds like the typical Nintendo approach

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I'd guess it's a situation where in the big September general Direct all 3 gets announced (kind of like how Front Mission was handled in February) and then followed up with a Prime 4 teaser.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

boop23

cant wait for re4 remake announcement as a cloud game that looks fuzzy and runs at 20 frames. best console!

boop23

Screen

What a Nintendo Direct is happening Late June, the rumours are true.

Just ignore the fact that they got the date wrong and the type of direct wrong.

It’s almost like they’re lying and are using precedent to make educated guesses that we all could have made.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic