Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 11,341 to 11,360 of 11,496

MarioLover92

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

now the next Nintendo Direct will be focused on Splatoon 3, followed by a Nintendo Direct focused on Bayonetta 3.

Well, I could see Nintendo doing a Splatoon 3 Direct around a month before that game comes out, I'll give you that. But right now, we don't know a single thing about what the next Direct will cover, nor the time it'd come out, until they make an announcement on the next one. Bayonetta 3 doesn't have a concrete release date, either. All we know is that they're shooting for a 2022 release.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Budda

A Splation 3 Direct is a 100% - no, 1000%
There are so many things they haven't talked about. Neither in a trailer or Twitter. It's almost jarring that they have just shown us so little with so many trailers. They safe the really new stuff for the Direct.
Can't wait to hear the usual voice over guy. ūü•≤

Budda

Grumblevolcano

So far for Splatoon 3 we've got:

Modes

• Story mode
  • Turf War
  • Salmon Run

Stages

• Museum d'Alfonsino
  • Eeltail Alley
  • the canyon stage from the February 2021 Direct
  • Undertow Spillway

Along with some news about weapons and gear like all base weapons returning.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

So, when was the last Nintendo Direct showcasing new games? February? I'm not talking about Nindie Directs. Essentially, Nintendo (so far) has skipped the proper direct they nomrally have this month where they showcase new AAA & first party games. I'm not saying a Xenoblade 3 Direct isn't good, just that it's not a regular Direct. I'm still glad we got something.

I'm guessing, like the other consoles, the Switch's new game pipeline may be weaker due to the pandemic. Like the chip shortage, we're still not out of the shadow of the pandemic. And then there's the chip shortage! XD

For most of this month, I have noticed Nindie Direct games appear to be strategically releasing for the duration of this month, with one or two Nindie games a week. Firegirl, Elec-head, there are several others queued up. And Ubisoft's Rabbids Party game is releasing on the 29th or 30th of this month.

Also, if this is the late part of the Switch's life, then we're crossing into territory where more upcoming projects are for the next hardware iteration, which they strategically don't want to show off yet. Looking back, the Switch was revealed October 20, 2016, five months before release.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
'Tendo liker
'My body is ready' for Splatoon 3

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
Also, Rabbids Chinese Party game (i forgot its title) will be released earlier than Mario + Rabbids 2.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

BruceCM

Well, they could still do a 'normal' direct next week or in July, @WoomyNNYes .... It certainly could partially be if there's some Fire Emblem game to be announced, they want 3 Hopes out before that, along with trying to wait until after all the other stuff

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

@BruceCM Yes, the July calendar does suspiciously still have another week left in it. It looks very fishy to me.

(ūüėČ)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
'Tendo liker
'My body is ready' for Splatoon 3

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano Mode wise, I don't think they have anything left to show. We'd probably know more by this point. If they're doing a Splatoon Direct it'll probably focus on new course, weapons, and details on the Story Mode. I think what we have now is basically what we're getting.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike It would be questionable for Splatoon 3 to have a lot less content than Splatoon 2 so I'd imagine at the least Ranked Battle will return with Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker and Clam Blitz.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dringo

There is a Direct coming up. Going to be a bit more third-party orientated

Dringo

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano Oh, those haven't been confirmed yet? Yeah, then those too, but I don't think it'll have any more content than Splatoon 2. They just seem to be rehashing 2's game modes from the looks of it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Budda

@Bolt_Strike I highly doubt that. Why would Nintendo invest in a game that's basically the same? Look at MK8DX. It's not like they are really keen on releasing a new game if there are no significant changes.
They'll probably overhoul the whole ranked mode. That's why they haven't talked about it at all. I'd imagine they at least replace Clam Blitz.(please?)
Plenty of new weapons and subs as well.
Besides that they probably reworked the whole engine(don't confuse that with graphics) and balancing. If you look at the patch notes from 2, you will probably notice it's imposible to patch to their likings anymore. It's a multiplayer focused game. For anyone expirienced enough with the game should actually feel the difference immediately. Of course if you only play Story Mode, that's a totally different story.

Budda

Bolt_Strike

@Budda This is not the first time Nintendo's released a very samey looking game. Remember how all 4 NSMB games are basically the same? They're likely not making a new Mario Kart game because MK8DX refuses to die down in sales. That's the only reason we don't have MK9 (or 10 or whatever the next mainline console game would be).

I've noticed a pattern with their marketing. Usually if we get to about the 2nd or 3rd newsdrop and we've seen little to no changes, there aren't any (or at the very least there's very minor changes). That's about the time when they start showing off what's new and different about this game. And with Splatoon 3's, they chose to show off old modes like the Story Mode and Salmon Run. That doesn't bode well for there being any new and original gameplay modes in this game.

Bolt_Strike

ArmoredGoomba

I hope the rumors about a direct next week are true but all I really need is a Bayonetta 3 release date (I'll take a tweet!). Sure would be nice if Metroid Prime Remake was a real thing but I'm not betting on it.

Edited on by ArmoredGoomba

ArmoredGoomba

Budda

@Bolt_Strike
Splatoon is not a Mario Kart, but Splatoon 2 is still selling about 1/3 of MK8DX weekly in Japan. The sales there aren't dead either.

I wonder if BotW2 will play a lot different. From what we have seen, it does look like the same game with added stuff.
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet? The core gameplay seems like not to change from what we have seen.

Budda

boop23

do we even really need xb3 or splatoon 3, there are a million more ips that should be getting love tbh

boop23

TowaHerschel7

Seriously, is Nintendo going to say anything regarding the 2nd wave of the MK8D Booster Course Pass? If it's going to release by the end of July, they need to announce it pretty soon...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Waves of Adventure and Role Playing PS4 Community: Join Today!

Twitter:

StarPoint

@TowaHerschel7 I sure hope so

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Cuphead (PC)
Dead Cells (PC)

TOUGHDUDE94

Also the soccer update for switch sports and wave 2 the first was a summer release time frame also advance wars 1 and 2 remake

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic