Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,821 to 10,840 of 11,576

youngridge

Advance Wars release date hopefully. I am going to go out on a huge limb and predict my one in a million odds that they announce another Pokémon game for next January release, similar to the LOA release, but this time…..Crystal.

youngridge

reporterdavid

might, even though war is not the thing Nintendo might be basing itself on with the things going on in Ukrain @NintendoByNature

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027
Ukraine - Super Mario Maker 2 level (just short. 8NR-GD2-NVF)

Giancarlothomaz

@NintendoByNature Nintendo will wait for the Ukraine war to end to release Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp, is not good to release a game when we we have a very serious war going on.

i like HD Rumble.

BruceCM

Well, unless Nintendo told them something, @NintendoByNature .... How would they know if an announcement was coming? It could be many reasons! I think you're probably overestimating how clever their algorithms are

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@BruceCM My guess would be Nintendo uploaded a new trailer as a private video. A similar thing has happened regarding Directs, Youtube starts recommending Directs and then a certain amount of time afterwards Nintendo announces a new one.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TommyTendo

If we're lucky we will get a direct in like 3 weeks, if they decide to do it the same week E3 usually is

BruceCM

Could be, @Grumblevolcano ..... If that is the case, it presumably won't be too long before we find out! Just don't get too excited just yet in case it was a mistake or something

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

I'll be delighted if an AW release date trailer does appear anytime soon, @NintendoByNature .... The situation is still ongoing with no end yet in sight, however, so it does seem rather unlikely they'd want to do that yet
Once things settle down, it's not really like it'd need a lot of hyping & marketing, so it could be just a month between the trailer & release, for the physical versions, though
But I'll be happy if I'm wrong about that, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

Given the strikers demo and the toad circuit tweet( which both could've been in a direct), I'd say a direct is unlikely for the next few weeks.

NintendoByNature

westman98

@NintendoByNature
Why would the that Toad Circuit Tweet be Direct material? Booster Course Pass Wave 1 content was released 2 months ago.

The Strikers First Kick demo just released today with the online demo coming next week, so again, not Direct material.

westman98

StarPoint

@NintendoByNature I mean... Toad Circuit was already in a Direct in February. It wouldn't make any sense for them to do it again.

Also, the Strikers demo is not Direct material either, considering the time at which it came out. If Strikers was a July game, I could see the demo announcement in a Direct. But it's too soon.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Cuphead (PC)
Dead Cells (PC)

BruceCM

Well, E3 is mid June, so if they're going to do their direct around the usual time, that's 3 weeks....
So, I didn't think anyone was expecting it before then? As much as I'm sure we'd all love it anytime sooner

SW-4357-9287-0699

Grumblevolcano

The Toad Circuit tweet was reference to how the twitter account has now gone through all 8 wave 1 tracks so if they were to continue the current pattern, wave 2 would be announced next week. That would be a possibility if Nintendo chose to ditch the June general Direct approach but if there is a June general Direct they'd likely save the wave 2 announcement for the Direct. Would be really ironic though if it was announced next week given on May 31st, Chocobo GP Season 2 begins.

The Mario Strikers news suggests there won't be a general Direct next week because the demo could've easily been a shadow drop announcement. Pokemon usually goes first so Pokemon Presents would be more likely for next week anyway.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

korosanbo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The Mario Strikers news suggests there won't be a general Direct next week because the demo could've easily been a shadow drop announcement. Pokemon usually goes first so Pokemon Presents would be more likely for next week anyway.

Is it possible that Nintendo is waiting for Strikers to get released and then do a Direct?
Now that E3 is gone, it's not like they have a set date for the next Direct
I'm sure they have something in the pipeline, I mean we still haven't heard anything about the annual Zelda game

Edited on by korosanbo

korosanbo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic