Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,821 to 10,840 of 15,474

CITRONtanker

If I had to guess when we'll be seeing the next Direct, I think it will be the week of the 13th-17th. Seeing as Battle League comes out next week, I'm assuming Nintendo would want to focus on marketing that, and maybe release the rumored Three Hopes demo as well. That's not to say they couldn't have a Direct next week, but I think it would be much more likely for them to have one after Strikers has been out for at least a few days. Plus, those dates line up with their usual dates for E3 Directs.

Regarding the fact that they haven't revealed one yet, because E3 is cancelled this year, I wasn't expecting Nintendo to reveal this Direct a week in advance, anyway. I think the only real reason they revealed them so far ahead for E3 was simply out of obligation from the ESA. Now that they don't have to worry about E3 dates and timeframes, they can handle this Direct like a normal Direct we'd see in Fall or Winter. I think a Splatoon 3 Direct is a lock, they've done them for the first two games, and I see no reason for them to deviate from that. I think Xenoblade 3 will probably get one last meaty trailer at the Direct, rather than a Direct of its own. So I do think that the time is certainly right for a Direct to be revealed sometime in the next two weeks. Especially seeing as other developers are revealing games, be it as a part of Summer Games Fest or otherwise.

Edited on by CITRONtanker

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Grumblevolcano

I went back through the previous Directs and this is the list of upcoming games and DLC that were in Directs:

• June 10th - Mario Strikers Battle League
  • June 10th - Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles
  • June 21st - Shadowrun Trilogy
  • June 21st - Wreckfest
  • June 21st - Fall Guys
  • June 24th - Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes
  • June 30th - Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak
  • June 30th - Cuphead The Delicious Last Course
  • June 2022 - Lego Brawls
  • July 8th - Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series
  • July 22nd - Live a Live
  • July 29th - Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • August 9th - Two Point Campus
  • September 9th - Splatoon 3
  • Summer 2022 - Front Mission 1st Remake
  • Summer 2022 - Disney Speedstorm
  • Summer 2022 - No Man's Sky
  • November 18th - Pokemon Scarlet/Violet
  • TBA 2022 - Neon White
  • TBA 2022 - Star Wars Hunters
  • TBA 2022 - Portal Companion Collection
  • TBA 2022 - Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Festival
  • TBA 2022 - Dying Light 2 Cloud Version
  • TBA 2022 - Bayonetta 3
  • TBA 2022 - Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • TBA 2022 - Life is Strange Remastered Collection
  • Spring 2023 - BotW 2
  • TBA 2022 - 2023 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Waves 2-6
  • TBA - Pokemon Snap (NSO)
  • TBA - Front Mission 2 Remake
  • TBA - Outer Wilds
  • TBA - Hollow Knight Silksong
  • TBA - Metroid Prime 4
  • TBA - Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Henmii

If Nintendo still plans a E3 Direct, it should be tuesday, since that's their normal E3 Direct day during E3's. But I expect them to do totally nothing. Sure there will be a summer Direct down the line, just not this week.

Henmii

NintendoByNature

We'll find out soon enough if the leak was accurate.

NintendoByNature

StarPoint

A direct would have to be announced pretty darn soon if it's going to coincide with the maintenance that MK8 is getting tomorrow at around 8 PM CST. I could either expect an announcement of a Direct this week, or just a shadow drop trailer featuring the new courses.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

StarPoint

@Giancarlothomaz Maybe? I'm expecting one to be announced and showcased this week. But if something doesn't get announced soon, then next week is certainly a possibility.

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

Anti-Matter

XBOX Series will have nothing to show for me.
I can guarantee 100% there will be NO Exclusive Kids games on Series X/S.
Tell me, when was the last time Microsoft make 1 kids game exclusively for XBOX Series machines (have physical release as well) and will not move to PlayStation and Nintendo machines ?
They don't have one.
Microsoft hate to make kids games (again) like Nintendo.
They want everybody have to like to play gritty shooter and shooter games all the time, damn if you don't like gritty shooter games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

CITRONtanker

@StarPoint The timing of this maintenance sure is interesting. I think it could really go either way. If Nintendo were to shadow drop a Wave 2 trailer sometime in the next two days, I'd understand that. And that wouldn't really be an announcement that would debunk a June Direct. I could understand Nintendo wanting to get it out of way.

Budda

I still think Nintendo wants the MK8 Waves to be announced in a Direct. Like a replacement of Smash announcement. I can't think of an other reason why they are spreading the whole Pass across 2 years. They don't need more reasons to make people buy MK8DX. It sells itself.
I think a shadow drop would be weird.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

StarPoint

@Budda Agreed. It definitely feels like it belongs as an announcement to look forward to in every Direct. I can't really see why they would just shadow drop it, considering that the waves are planned out for three Directs a year.

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

anoyonmus

@Grumblevolcano well, no Nintendo direct most likely. Not like Nintendo needs one anyway because they are packed for the year.

anoyonmus

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
Their last exclusive XBOX games for kids was Kinect games on XBOX 360. It was like the best attempt from Microsoft to be casual and family friendly like Nintendo did.
Remember, I have XBOX 360 machine now (modded machine to bypass region lock only, my games are still original in disc) and I played Kinect games on XBOX 360 especially from Microsoft by Rare (Kinect Sports 1 & 2, Kinect Adventures, Disneyland Adventures).
But I guess Microsoft quickly shifting back to their ego "I'm too cool to make kids and baby games. We just want to make gritty games all the time because this is how to be badass Western peoples."

I never saw any Microsoft indie games have physical release like on PlayStation / Nintendo machines and I still never saw their games really kids friendly like kids games by OG Games (the only publisher that I trusted for providing kids games and teen games from kids / teen franchise from kids channel like Cartoon Network / Nickelodeon on multi consoles).
I don't have interest with Ori or any indie games with weird looking like Rayman or such things like that. Super Lucky's Tale got remake on Switch & PS4 with a lot of drastic changes and it made Microsoft don't have exclusives anymore and I have no reason to consider their machines if their exclusives one by one get ported to other machines that I definitely pick for more benefit than owning XBOX ONE / Series X with no benefit at all for me.
I already have New Super Lucky's Tale on Switch so why should I consider XBOX ONE / Series X when I can play the same game on better choice machines (PlayStation and Nintendo)?

Microsoft just only have Tunic for their exclusive on Series X/S so far and I was thinking, is that the best that Microsoft can do?
Just only can make 1 kids game?
Seriously??
One game is not enough for me and it didn't give me a lot of choices because they still have too cool for making kids games mindset.

I just only support their products from OG XBOX (for DDR Ultramix 1 - 4) and XBOX 360 (for DDR UNIVERSE 1 - 3 & Kinect games) since I only like Dance Dance Revolution games on their machines but I will not supporting XBOX ONE and Series X for not having really interesting (must buy) exclusive kids games by Microsoft (not get ported to other machines).

I'm sorry for being harsh with my comment as even I have checked from play-asia for upcoming Series X games, Microsoft have nearly Zero kids games exclusively for their machine.
No, I will not play Forza, never like ultra realistic driving games. At least Sony already have Modnation Racers on PS3 and I have the PS3 version, that was a great attempt from Sony.

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

Anti-Matter wrote:

But I guess Microsoft quickly shifting back to their ego "I'm too cool to make kids and baby games. We just want to make gritty games all the time because this is how to be badass Western peoples."

Uh no? Korosanbo literally just listed several game series that Microsoft makes that are directed to a family-friendly audience. Along with that, I can think of the entirety of the Forza series. Just because Xbox has some more violent games, it doesn't mean that's what they exclusively focus on. They have a very diverse lineup.

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

Anti-Matter

@StarPoint
Can you mentioned what are the kids games from Microsoft exclusively on XBOX ONE / Series X (not get ported to other machines) with physical release (No digital only games) ?
I want to check from Google image and play-asia to clarify my search.

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

@Anti-Matter Microsoft doesn't exclusively release games on their consoles anymore. They have their games released on both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs. The 360 had more exclusives thanks to the Kinect, but their focus drew away from console exclusivity once the Xbox One came out. But just because it's not exclusive doesn't mean that it shouldn't count.

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

BruceCM

Save your energy, @korosanbo .... you're less likely to convince him than a brick wall
I'm very glad XBox release their games on PC, personally & that Sony's bringing it's across, too, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

CITRONtanker

Yeah, it’s always better have release console games on PC, as it makes games a lot more accessible, especially to us Nintendo fans.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic