Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,801 to 10,820 of 11,574

Screen

We'd have normally got a direct in June from E3, Nintendo will probably still show whatever they had planned to anywat.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

RR529

Yeah, I'm almost certain we'll get a Direct in June.

August, October, November, & December are still empty & we don't have dates for Pokemon, Mario + Rabbids 2, or Bayonetta 3 (the latter of which I don't see getting a month to itself in the Holiday season, so it won't be the only release in a month unless it's an August game).

Given that lineup I could easily see 2 or 3 more games join them (with MAYBE 1 of them being something pretty big), even if one of those games ends up being Advance Wars. That, & the next Mario Kart 8 DLC wave should be ready to be announced by June if we get 3 waves a year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

@RR529 Pokemon games are usually a lock for November. Bayo 3? Still an unknown. Platinum insist it's done yet Nintendo haven't set a date. Could be October, or it could be a gap-filler for sometime in 2023. Mario + Rabbids 2? Also an unknown, although folks assume it'll be pushed into 2023 because retailers list it as such (December 31st, 2022).

Regardless, I agree, lock in the next Direct for June. Because when was the last time there wasn't one in June? Seriously though.

I just want console releases for the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters. Everything else is gravy.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 966 games (as of June 29th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

@NintendoByNature No word yet, still waiting, still hoping.

Switch Physical Collection - 966 games (as of June 29th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

GrailUK

I would imagine it's easy to release a Direct around June. It's the Treehouse events I'll miss. I do hope Devolver Digital release some sort of digital event too. They are a highlight of E3 for me. I'm sure E3 will be back next year (barring some horrid development of the pandemic or other world events.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's been doing tweets for each of the MK8 Deluxe wave 1 tracks and currently they've done all of them except Toad Circuit which suggests wave 2 announcement is soon.

Paris Promenade - March 25th
Tokyo Blur - March 31st
Ninja Hideaway - April 26th
N64 Choco Mountain - April 29th
Wii Coconut Mall - May 4th
GBA Sky Garden - May 12th
DS Shroom Ridge - May 19th

Which probably means 3DS Toad Circuit on May 26th and wave 2 announcement in early June.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano Wow, you've got this stuff figured out! I'm really trying to not hype myself up for a Direct before it's even announced, but I can't help myself sometimes.

I'm starting to get that itch for a new Direct.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Cuphead (PC)
Dead Cells (PC)

Bolt_Strike

@Giancarlothomaz They really don't know anything about Pokemon news cycles and it shows. First of all, Corocoro is no longer a relevant source for Pokemon news and hasn't been in quite some time (since like, 2014). And even when we did get Corocoro, we rarely if ever got anything of substance on the new game in March or April (the most I remember us getting in that time span was teasers for Mega Mewtwo Y and Sylveon where they just gave us the designs but didn't reveal anything about Fairy type or Mega Evolution). Usually we would have to wait until May for the big blowout that tells us early game/key features and info such as the name of the region, the mascots, the rivals, the professor, etc.

Since 2016, they've shifted away from Corocoro and started releasing news through Directs (and now Presents) and random trailer drops. But even then, the same news pattern has held, announcement in January/February, news drought in March/April, then blowout in May/June. It is way too early to be freaking out about not knowing anything about SV. If we get to the end of June and we still have nothing, that's one thing, but not knowing anything in mid-May has happened (although May has been more commonly been the blowout month, but SwSh was June).

Most likely we're waiting on a Pokemon Presents in early June. That will probably bring the big guns and tell us about the release date, mascot legendaries, some early game characters, a few Pokemon, and some assorted gameplay features (the new Pokedex, the online gadget, a few key features). I also think yes, we will get details on how the open world works. Will we be able to visit any area from the start (or basically the start, if they want to do a Great Plateau-esque tutorial)? Will we be able to challenge gym leaders in any order? If that's the kind of open world gameplay they're going for, we should see that marketed early and often, so I think there's a good chance they reveal that in the June Presents.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

WaterKirby1964

IMO, with no E3 this year, Nintendo can pace themselves and when they're ready, then they can bring on the next Nintendo Direct

WaterKirby1964

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

TommyTendo

What is sad is that there won't be an E3 hype season since it's not a thing this year.
I miss all the pre-E3 discussions and articles.

FreasurePlanten

Besides the obvious discussion of whether Nintendo will have a Direct around the usual time in June (I still think there's a good chance for one), do you all think we might see a Pokémon Presents soon to give more details on the gen 9 games? I wouldn't be shocked to see more news come out in late May or early June on those.

FreasurePlanten

westman98

@WoomyNNYes
Nintendo has always released commercials for upcoming games since forever.

westman98

Bolt_Strike

@FreasurePlanten Pokemon almost always has a news blowout on the new game in May/June, this is practically guaranteed. The only time in recent history that we didn't have one was last year with BDSP/LA where we didn't get any concrete information on either until August (probably just because they had little to reveal for BDSP because it was almost identical to the original and because LA was releasing later than most Pokemon games). Most likely we're getting some kind of Pokemon Presents within the next two weeks that finally gives us information on things such as the region name, box legendaries, early game characters (rivals and/or professor), a few more Pokemon, and some key mechanics. I'd be shocked if we're sitting here a month from now and we still know almost nothing about the games.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FreasurePlanten

@Bolt_Strike Sorry, I didn't see your previous post before I made mine! I definitely agree with you. Usually there's a Pokémon Direct or now what they call a Pokémon Presents ahead of Nintendo's E3 Direct at the end of May/ start of June. I also agree with you on the info they'd probably reveal. They're probably going to detail how they're going to balance having finally a totally open world mainline Pokémon game (that is, which includes gyms and a Pokémon League, unlike Legends Arceus), as well as reveal the usual you mentioned - some characters, the legendaries, a new gimmick or mechanic, region name. I wonder if there would be anything else besides the mainline games in a Presents at this time. Maybe one or two small mobile/Switch spin-offs? I also wonder if Nintendo is going to have any kind of Nintendo Treehouse around June to show some Fall/Holiday titles and if they could go deeper into the open world in a livestream like that.

FreasurePlanten

Grumblevolcano

Youtube's suddenly started recommending me the 2 Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp trailers (the E3 2021 Direct one and the February 2022 Direct one).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Interesting..maybe an AW 1+2 release date incoming?!?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic