Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,801 to 10,820 of 15,870

Grumblevolcano

Don't know what to make of this whether it increases, stays the same or decreases the chance of a Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano One has nothing to do with the other as Nintendo won't abandon their Direct for an in-person only event especially during an ongoing pandemic which will undoubtedly severely impact the number of people going to in-person event like this.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@TowaHerschel7 @NintendoByNature I was thinking in the sense of the summer already being laid out so perhaps Nintendo would focus heavily on the summer titles instead of announcing stuff further in the future.

On another note, the official page for Three Hopes suggests a demo is coming (maybe revealed today/tomorrow?):

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/fire-emblem-warriors-...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DenDen

I hope we get one next week

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

StarPoint

I also think that the week of June 12th is pretty likely. Not sure why, just a feeling.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano Aside from Pokemon Scarlet & Violet we literally only know what's releasing through the end of July. That's abnormally short-term even by Nintendo's standards.

Edit: And we haven't heard anything about wave 2 of the MK8D Booster Course Pass yet which has to release sometime this month or next to keep the waves at least somewhat evenly distributed.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

1 year ago today:

@TowaHerschel7 Splatoon 3 is September 9th and there's not usually 1st party games in August (2019 was the exception with Astral Chain).

Grumblevolcano

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano Okay two games, the problem is we don't know about many AAA releases actually confirmed to be released after July on Nintendo Switch either and the ones we do don't have a set release date. Even if Nintendo themselves only has 2-3 new game announcements, Nintendo could still announce the new Booster Course Pass wave plus a bunch of third party announcements alongside an indie showcase which could easily give us a 40 minute presentation.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano Maaan you got me good, I thought that was a fresh announcement lol

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@TowaHerschel7 They could and I wasn't saying there's no chance of a general Direct, just that things are setup in such a way that they could approach things differently. For example MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 2 could be a standalone trailer, 3rd parties could announce some games that also come to Switch at Summer Game Fest (there's fewer standalone events so Summer Game Fest should technically be bigger this time), they could have standalone Directs for Xenoblade 3 and Splatoon 3 as well as in August have a Bayonetta 3 trailer for release in October.

@StarPoint I posted it as a note that time has pretty ran out for the E3 style announcement approach, at this point if there is a general Direct it seems more likely to be announced the day before airing much like the general Directs that happen in February and September.

Grumblevolcano

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano I mean we're probably about two weeks off so they could still announce it tomorrow and it could air Thursday or Friday after next giving us a 13-14 day head's-up. 😉

Edited on by WiiWareWave

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano Yeah I understand why you posted it, just got me excited for a second

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

StarPoint

@Giancarlothomaz I mean, I would never trust anything from a website like this as a reliable source. The games listed seem plausible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. A new Wario Land would be pretty hype, though

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

chapuH

@Giancarlothomaz This is just my view but that would be a pretty underwhelming Direct.

Hope you're having a good day.

StarPoint

@chapu2006 Agreed, however, this could just be a portion of the games revealed. Games like Mario Kart 8, MP4, and BOTW 2 would most likely be shown this Direct.

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Grumblevolcano

No Three Hopes demo today, safe to say now the focus on promotion for the rest of the week will be on the Mario Strikers demo.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic