Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,281 to 10,300 of 15,874

Magician

T-minus nine hours, lol.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@Magician boom. Its at a wierd time for me. Just getting done with work, Kids getting home from school. I'll be doing my best to tune in and if I need to rewatch I will.

NintendoByNature

Buizel

Honestly just one of Xenoblade or Fire Emblem will probably make my year. Stack that on top of BotW sequel, Kirby and Legends Arceus and we already have a great year for the Switch without considering third parties and other releases.

I think it's about time we had another Warriors spin-off. Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, anyone?

At least 2'8".

Cynas

BruceCM wrote:

@Cynas ....? That'd make my life complete, lol

Sorry I didn't mean to make it seem like I'd be unhappy for that to happen, I'd actually be super stoked if my list came true. Maybe the "information about games we know enough about" came across as negative, but I was just trying to set a realistic prediction there since that's been the pattern of most past directs.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Magician

@Buziel All of the YT Nintendo loyalists seem to agree that a Fire Emblem announcement is a lock for tonight. One of the "three big surprises" set at the beginning, middle, or end of the Direct. Depending on how much credence you give to Nintendo leaker Samus Hunter. I think the various online leaks have suggested it's either a re-remake of Gaiden (Valentia) or a remake of Genealogy.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

Buizel wrote:

I think it's about time we had another Warriors spin-off. Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, anyone?

That might be too much of a change to Warriors formula imo. I could see another Fire Emblem with Three Houses added to it or a third Hyrule Warriors game so it has both lots of characters.

If we are talking about Nintendo and Tecmo Koei crossovers then I'd like to see a new Pokémon Conquest. It's a Poke-spin off I don't see talked enough about.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoByNature

@Magician dang, valentia is rumored? I just asked my wife to get it for me and I think it arrived from Amazon yesterday 😅. Thank the heavens for prime and free returns.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@Magician I hope if Valentia does come that the other 3DS games from the Switch era that were overlooked because it wasn't on Switch also come like Yoshi's Woolly World and Samus Returns (in the former game do a Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition type situation where you have the graphics of Wii U version and all the content of the 3DS version).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@NintendoByNature @Grumblevolcano Yeah, should be interesting. Personally I don't have a preference for whichever Fire Emblem gets announced. I still haven't fired up my copy of 3H yet, lol. But as an rpg fan I'll support whatever game Intelligent Systems serve up.

NinChocolate

Not expecting many first party reveals. I expect Zelda will get a proper trailer. If Sega isn’t dumb they’ll show something Sonic related of substance instead of making 20 announcements on Twitter and drop a trailer in the middle of some weird fan thing

NinChocolate

jump

@NinChocolate I would have thought both Zelda and Sonic would be E3 games myself unless they are coming out before/around E3.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

RR529

I wouldn't count on there being a Nintendo themed Warriors announcement.

There's a new Warriors game coming out in May based on a Japanese mobile game I believe, and it is Switch exclusive already (outside of a Steam release).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

This'll be the first general Direct in 4 years that hasn't had anything to do with an upcoming fighter reveal for Smash.

• March 2018 - Inkling
  • E3 2018 - Daisy and Ridley
  • September 2018 - Isabelle
  • February 2019 - "Joker is coming soon"
  • E3 2019 - Hero and Banjo
  • September 2019 - "Banjo is out later today" and Terry
  • March 2020 Mini - ARMS
  • February 2021 - Pyra/Mythra
  • E3 2021 - Kazuya
  • September 2021 - "Final fighter revealed on October 5th"

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@RR529 2017 had 3 separate Warriors games come out, including Fire Emblem Warriors. I wouldn't rule it out solely on there being another release in the series.

link3710

jump

@CactusMan Yeah, there's been a Persona 4 rumour floating about for awhile which makes sense since it was ported to PC and did MEGA bucks.

Personally I just want Persona 3 ultimate edition regardless of platform, it's got two enhanced versions that need consolidating.

Nicolai wrote:

NinChocolate

@jump ya maybe the main Sonic game will be later in year. Was thinking Sonic Origins. Zelda I think will get a good trailer. Of course Zelda marches to its own beat most of the time so u never know

NinChocolate

RR529

@link3710, yeah, with the way they churn them out I don't doubt there might be more Warriors games in general, I just doubt they'd release two or more Switch exclusive ones in the same year. Could be wrong though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I hope if Valentia does come that the other 3DS games from the Switch era that were overlooked because it wasn't on Switch also come like Yoshi's Woolly World and Samus Returns (in the former game do a Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition type situation where you have the graphics of Wii U version and all the content of the 3DS version).

If we're doing 3DS ports then what price for Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Federation Force getting some love? Two games that tanked undeservedly and would be sweet to see getting a second chance.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
I would like to see Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers get sequel or new Dillon games on Nintendo Switch.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic