Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,261 to 10,280 of 15,874

youngridge

A solid release date on Metal Slug Tactics. Really looking forward to tomorrow and seeing what they have. I feel like the OLED was a short coming for new hardware, great machine don’t get me wrong, but as an industry, like any right now, everyone is facing shortages and I am surprised how well they have done with the OLED, but I feel like if we didn’t have those shortages and supply chain issues the OLED would have been something much more. With that being said I am hoping they funneled those resources into games and experiences on NSO.

youngridge

JesseA

I'm surprised there hasn't been any leaks yet, I'm glad there aren't, but it seems like with the last few directs everything was spoiled ahead of time. It will be nice to actually be surprised for once.
Nintendo is such a weird company, some games they announce years in advance and others they announce like three months before release.
I also think they are still dealing with the effects of pandemic, so I don't think there will be much. Nintendo is also so private in their business that I don't think they would say anything if it did cause any delays or how it effected anything.
I'm not expecting much, and not sure if they going be including smaller devs in their direct, but I'd love a confirmation date for ninja turtles, advance wars or bomb rush cyberfunk.

Also hope they announce some Mario Party Superstars DLC.

Edited on by JesseA

JesseA

jump

@Ralizah Did you enjoy it though? To me this type of movie is a failure if it's just meh and completely forgettable, so I'm hoping it's bad enough that I can make fun of it as I watch but just good enough that I can keep watching it without being bored.

@FragRed their argument reaches a breaking point when Chris Pratt screams at Arnie that he wishes Stallone was his Dad in law instead and that Demolition Man is better than Twins. The two end up in a fist fight and one of the neighbours have called the police about a domestic disturbance.

The Direct has now been going on for 2 hours as Doug Bowser is still waiting for Chris Pratt just to mention the release date of the Mario film so they can move onto the next segment.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

What I expect: Trailers for games we know about already. Possibly something along the lines of Wind Waker HD at a stretch

What I hope for: more stuff in NSO, GameCube and Wii on Switch, Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Wario Land

Pie in the sky: "Bayonetta 3 is out now!!! Also we're almost done with Bayonetta 4"

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Retrodouche

I think release schedule will look something like this
March: kirby & mario rabbids2
April: advanced wars 1+2
May: splatoon 3
June/ july: fire emblem remake and warioland, donkey kong or any other series that hasn't had a game in a while
August/ september: bayonetta3
November: sequel to breath of the wild

Retrodouche

Ralizah

@jump Yeah, it's not aggressively bad as filmmaking or anything. Purely from a structural standpoint, it has a few strong character arcs, and the disaster aspect of it is well-paced. There's some cool imagery as well. And it is pretty thematically interesting as you find out what's actually going on.

It also just happens to be a dumb, 90's style sci-fi blockbuster.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

gcunit

@skywake I think you accidentally put GameCube and Wii under 'hope' rather than 'pie in the sky'. With N64 being such a recent addition it's just not gonna happen.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@Ralizah Thanks, I will add it to the list then.

Normally this would be a watch at home movie but I actually need a movie to see at the weekend with the missus for Valentine's Day but Jan and Feb is always rough for movies as it's when all the Oscar fodder films come out in the UK to capitalize on Oscar buzz.

We saw Nightmare Alley and Spider Man already, Death On The Nile seems to have just cast all the Hollywood actors waiting to be cancelled, Uncharted is a video game movie so will probably suck and I don't trust Belfast to be an enjoyable date movie so it's slim pickings at the moment and as dumb as Moonfall looks it's actually a strong contender.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Ralizah

@jump I liked it. Again, it's a dumb movie, but anyone going into an Emmerich disaster blockbuster expecting clever writing has their expectations out of line with reality. It's better than 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow, at least. Not as fun as the original Independence Day, though.

The Murder on the Orient Express remake from a few years back was actually pretty good, so I'm looking forward to Death on the Nile.

Only other film on my immediate radar is The Batman. I'm so tired of Marvel stuff, so this is the perfect palette cleanser for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

@Retrodouche @Grumblevolcano

Advance Wars 1+2 has been listed for an April 8th release on the Murican eShop for months now.

However, the most recent change is Lego Skywalker Saga, which is now April 5th.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

@Sdelintwouters
I would like to see Mario Boxing / Kickboxing instead.
I know my sport choice is very unpopular, nobody here ever in the slightest to think about cartoonish boxing games but me.
And if Mii will be featured on Mario Boxing + character customization, my life will be complete if I can make shirtless six pack male Mii like from Miitomo and fight in 3rd person mode like ARMS or like Pokken style.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter Mario Boxing isn't likely to be ever happening. Next Level Games had this amazing sounding Mario Wrestling game in the works but Nintendo nixed it as they though it was too violent for Mario.

Nicolai wrote:

Grumblevolcano

@Magician Europe as well but the release date was never announced by Nintendo so it could very well be a placeholder date to allow Nintendo to still have the preorder page up (eshop games need a precise release date to be preorderable).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

@gcunit
I don't expect Wii/GC on Switch to happen but it's technically possible and an easy gold mine. I'd be less surprised if we got it than Pikmin 4 or Mario Kart 9 TBH. Probably less likely than GB/GBA on NSO. Even less likely than some suprise NSO reveal for an existing platform which.... I think is highly likely

Bayonetta 3 being available tomorrow... not a chance. Bit of a gap between those I think

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Anti-Matter

@jump
Mario has his Boxing games from Mario & Sonic games (2016, 2020).
But it wasn't enough for me.
I want more contents from Cartoonish Nintendo Boxing games.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter Maybe try Mortal Kombat instead, the fighting is pretty cartoonish and over the top in those games! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

jump

A pinch of salt and all that, here's Nate The Hate's thoughts/predications;

• Probably not the Metroid prime remake/remaster, E3 instead.
  • Triangle Strategy demo
  • Goldeneye in some form, not sure if its the remaster or just coming to NSO
  • Advance Wars will be there, but maybe delayed to Q2
  • Fire Emblem for sure
  • Final Fantasy pixel remasters released in one big package, for full RRP
  • Batman Arkham collection
  • Persona 4
  • House of the Dead remake
  • Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge (maybe) might be a April indie direct instead
  • Another retro game collection from Konami, Capcom
  • Unsure what state Resident Evil 3 revelations is in.
  • Maybe Monster Hunter DLC
  • Probably not Hollow Knight Silksong, probably at E3
  • A sequel to 1-2 Switch nobody wants
  • Splatoon 3
  • BOTW 2, MVG doesn't think its coming this year, but it might get a mention. If its at E3 and not this direct, its probably 2022. Maybe another development update coupled to the announcement of Windwaker and Twilight Princess HD coming this year. Nate also thinks it might slip in 2023.
  • Bayonetta 3 will be an E3 showing
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has a substantial showing
  • Another Fire Emblem, remake of Genealogy of the Holy War possibly as well
  • Some sort of Mario, most likely a sports game
  • No Kirby 30th anniversary stuff

Nicolai wrote:

Joriss

Ok, time for some crazy predictions and some reasonable ones:

What we will get:

• More news on Splatoon 3
  • Latest hype trailers for Kirby, Mario + Rabbits, Bayonetta 3 and Triangle Strategy
  • Quick mention that Nintendo is working on Zelda BotW 2
  • Update on Advance Wars
  • Update on Mario Movie
  • New games coming to NSO Expansion pack that nobody cares about
  • Reminder to go out and buy Pokemon Legend

What I want:

• NEW F-Zero
  • Bayonetta 1 +2 on sale
  • Legend of Zelda anniversary collection announcement
  • Mario Party DLC
  • Metroid Prime 4 update
  • AEW wrestling announcement
  • BotW 2 gameplay trailer + release date
  • Killer Instinct Gold on NSO Expansion (I'll buy the subscription if they do)

Edited on by Joriss

Joriss

BruceCM

Xenoventures, eh, @Sdelintwouters .... Sounds like a game I'd get, too! Bayonetta 3 being out anytime soon is Pie in the Sky material, @skywake. 4 being nearly done is so far into the realms of fantasy, I'd like some of whatever you're on to dream of that, lol! In fact, if they did shock drop 3, I'd probably have a heart attack & die on the spot, so perhaps that isn't a good idea

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@JesseA I saw a YT post about the leaks but didn't watch the vid. I'd rather find out later today.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic