Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,221 to 10,240 of 15,872

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature I’ll never understand why anyone buys into Samus Hunter’s farce.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MarioBrickLayer

I'm hoping we get dates for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light + Temple of Osiris and The House of the Dead: Remake.

I don't think it will be shown, but if TMNT is in there, I hope they confirm Casey Jones as a playable character!

This is 99% certain not to happen, but with no chance of MK9, I'm hoping for KM8D DLC, 4 new circuits, karts and drivers to celebrate passing 40m units sold.

MarioBrickLayer

ElRoberico

I realize I might be alone in hoping for this, but I would love it if we knew Nintendo's entire slate through like September tomorrow.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Magician

How about an announcement for Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters for console tomorrow?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

crashcontrol

Predictions:

• Botw 2 gets a new trailer with a title and release window
  • Splatoon 3 gets a release with an upcoming direct dedicated to it
  • Bayonetta 3 gets a another trailer
  • Something Mario related
  • New Smash Amiibo
  • Genshin Impact finally launches on switch on the same day as version 2.5
  • FF pixel remaster port
  • NSO updates

Edited on by crashcontrol

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Grumblevolcano

It would be nice if Triangle Strategy got a new demo like how Octopath got a demo where save data carried over to the main game a month before launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioBrickLayer

@crashcontrol I think if anything Mario is happening (apart from a sports game) it will be held back for the "E3" Direct.

MarioBrickLayer

BruceCM

That'd be great, @Grumblevolcano .... More so I can start playing sooner than anything else!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

Definite
New trailer and release date for Splatoon 3.
Updated demo for Triangle Strategy is also almost guaranteed. Probably a new trailer as well.
New trailers for Kirby and Advance Wars.
Something NSO-related.

Maybe
New trailer and release date for Bayonetta 3.
Trailer for the Switch port of Fall Guys.
Trailer for Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake.
New Wii U port. If I had to guess, I'd say Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD.

Unlikely, but would be amazing
New trailer for Breath of the Wild 2 that reveals the game's actual name. Probably delayed into 2023.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 reveal.
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster collection.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

VoidofLight

@Ralizah I think xenoblade 3's a bit more likely, if not because the Composer for the series said his next project is going to be revealed by the end of this month, and the website only ever updates when a new game is about to be revealed.

kkslider5552000

I hope not, I'm still not even done with 2 yet. They can take all the time they want on that. And I'd prefer them to put out a non-Xenoblade game, since they've technically put out three Xenoblades on Switch already, and I hate when devs only put out games from one IP.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 I mean, they may not have a choice but to make Xenoblade titles. A new IP would be interesting, but I remember reading a while back that Nintendo probably holds a tight leash on Monolith and what games they produce. It could be that I'm not correct on that, but eh.

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight The composer part could mean a Playstation event later in February revealing Chrono Cross instead. I'd imagine Sony would force timed exclusivity like they did with FFVII Remake.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, I know. He's a composer for tons of other series, so it could be anything. The only reason I believe it could be connected to Xenoblade is mainly because Monolith is preparing their website for a new reveal. They deleted all the old news, and updated the thing, which they only ever really do when they're about to announce a new game.

jump

My predictions;

They will announce their first lot NFTs, a mere $5k for a Birdo model from Mario Golf.

Some NES games get added to NSO like Bad Street Brawler and Operation Secret Storm.

There’s 20 mins of Chris Pratt talking about his new Jurassic Park film but there’s no mention of the Mario movie.

Nintendo will be developing a Minions game led by the Mario Kart team, so no new Mario Kart.

They will talk about the new menu range at the Nintendo theme park, there’s now a vegan gluten free burger and a vanilla soya milkshake.

Metroid Prime will get ported to the Switch but with Wii controls and doesn’t include 2 or 3.

And then it finishes with an obituary video of Masahiro Sakurai, don’t worry he’s not dead, Microsoft have just bought him.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@jump Screw that I want it to be 40 entire minutes of Chris Pratt trying to do a live reenactment of what would be the Mario movie trailer had the trailer actually been produced.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

@FragRed he just draws with a pink sharpie a face on one hand and then uses a green sharpie on the other hand so he can do a dramatic reading of the first scene from the movie playing Mario, Luigi and Peach himself. The scene is Mario and Luigi explaining to Peach about how their surname is Mario whilst she is upset about the genocide of Toads caused by a boarder dispute with Bowser.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@jump And it’s entirely done in his normal voice, never once attempting to try and change it. And it’s recorded on his web cam with loud sounds from a highway in the background.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

RR529

I never thought of it before, but now that it's been brought up I think that there's a serious possibility, given that they did reveal the main voice actors during a Nintendo Direct, that they drop the first proper Mario movie trailer or other such tease at the end.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic