Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,061 to 10,080 of 15,874

VoidofLight

Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense to me either. I get they dropped a kirby trailer earlier this month, but that doesn't confirm much of anything. Last January they dropped a trailer for Bowser's Fury, and while that's a bit of a different case, I can't see them just doing one direct in a year that's supposed to be full of new massive games, unless the games were all canceled, or all moved back into 2023.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

IceClimbers

I mean, they have to start ramping up the Splatoon 3 marketing at some point. That's probably the next tentpole 1st party title after Kirby (with Advance Wars and probably one other title in between).

Rabbids and Bayo are the only other major titles confirmed for this year besides Zelda, so they definitely need to reveal a few titles too.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

February is suddenly looking a lot emptier with all these delays, we now have the KH cloud versions on February 10th and I'm not sure what else (sure there's the physical version of GTA trilogy but digital released in November). So maybe there is a chance they go with a February 2nd/3rd Direct (or at least a Partner Showcase).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano There's the Ezio Collection as well but yeah otherwise February is pretty empty. March has a whopping 4 exclusives though plus P4AU so I'm not complaining.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarioBrickLayer

@Grumblevolcano I'm really hoping the physical release of GTA is a significant improvement but i'm not hopeful, I really wanted to play those games again.

MarioBrickLayer

BlueDragon

My expectations for the next Nintendo Direct:

new Fire Emblem game
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
new Donkey Kong game

BlueDragon

MarioBrickLayer

BlueDragon wrote:

new Donkey Kong game

I have no reason to think this other than it makes sense to me, but what if the new Donkey Kong game was a new Mario + Donkey Kong 3D game? Nate the Hate and MVG have speculated that a new 3D Mario game will be released at Christmas as a tie in to the movie. Donkey Kong is also in the movie, if he's in it a lot maybe having a game with him and Mario would be a better aligned to the movie?!

Plus the Donkey Kong game is supposed to be in development with the Mario 3D team...

Pure speculation on my part, but it has the potential to be amazing!

MarioBrickLayer

Ryu_Niiyama

I personally don't need one until around April, but I do hope there is one next month to keep the Nintendoomed folks sated.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MarioBrickLayer

@Ryu_Niiyama I could go longer than April! I have two backlogs, one is the games I own but haven't played yet and the other is a list of games I want to buy!! I could go the whole year without any new games being announced!

MarioBrickLayer

Ryu_Niiyama

@MarioBrickLayer I'm likely in the same boat as I'm past the 500 mark on owned games and I have an RPG addiction...but I like to see news flowing for a number of reasons.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

Man, I know Samurai making a Meteos sequel is a joke, but I'd absolutely love that. Not as much as a Kid Icarus sequel, but still.

link3710

FragRed

With the new Mario movie coming at the end of the year, I am wondering whether Nintendo will release a game to coincide with its launch. I’m not saying it’ll be revealed in the next Direct but Nintendo does want something Mario every year and this movie will be perfect for a big new release.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

FragRed wrote:

With the new Mario movie coming at the end of the year, I am wondering whether Nintendo will release a game to coincide with its launch. I’m not saying it’ll be revealed in the next Direct but Nintendo does want something Mario every year and this movie will be perfect for a big new release.

I'm in a glass half empty mood. They sack Charles Martinet to have Chris Pratt voice him in the new game and Mario is remodelled to look more Chris Pratt-ish but his lines are still pidgin English plus are made even worse by having it be more Minions like to fit in with the new movie. In the current mood of the zeitgeist the game is a meta crossover with Mario in the Minions and other Illumination films.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

@jump Wow, that would be the first major Mario game I've skipped, ever. And I even played NSMB2.

That said, knowing Nintendo? They'll just release whatever game was going to release anyways and pay lip service that it's a movie tie-in.

link3710

nitrolink

Opinion: There's already 15 Mario games on the Switch (3 released each year), we don't need a movie tie-in. The current catalog still sells month after month.

nitrolink

FragRed

@nitrolink Nintendo did say they want a Mario and Zelda game every single year. So expect plenty more to come. It’s their biggest cash cow.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarioBrickLayer

@NinChocolate I commented in that thread too!!

@nitrolink You make a good point, but Mario is Nintendo's main franchise, the games always sell well and the opportunity to sell a game alongside the movie seems to make marketing sense? maybe a way to attract new Switch buyers, maybe parents take their kids to see the film who don't have a Switch and end up getting one to get this game?

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano

A NSMB collection or Galaxy 2 port would fit best if there was a mainline Mario this year, 3D Mario has gotten a lot recently with 3D All Stars and 3D World but Galaxy 2 was oddly absent from 3D All Stars. Meanwhile 2D Mario has been absent for awhile (NSMBU Deluxe and Mario Maker 2 in 2019 but the latter stopped being supported nearly a year ago).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic