Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,041 to 10,060 of 15,939

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano I mean, it doesn't mean there won't be a direct next month.

Also, Nintendo's library is already barren this gen. It really doesn't feel like the Switch itself even remotely lives up to systems like the 3DS.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

@Magician @Ninja84 There's plenty of 3rd party stuff in February and March but not much afterwards. My thinking was perhaps there'd be a Direct Mini in March structured similar to the March 2020 one so like:

• Start with FE6 remake
  • Load of 3rd party announcements
  • Mario Party DLC
  • More info on Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • MH Rise Sunbreak is the big midpoint spotlight (back in March 2020 the midpoint spotlight was Bravely Default II)
  • Advance Wars gets April release date confirmed
  • Zelda Wii U remaster(s)
  • Direct closes with Splatoon 3

And if it was in April instead, the only differences would be Advance Wars getting a release date trailer in February rather than in the Direct and no Kirby.

@VoidofLight It doesn't though rather it makes one less likely.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

I just don't get why they'd do another direct format like 2020, unless they get put under another full lockdown. Even then, I feel like 2020 gave them enough time to work from home and get used to it.

Edited on by VoidofLight

Ninja84

@Grumblevolcano
That sounds really likely, but the same Direct could be in february with a deepdive on Kirby. We will wait and see😉. I’m just hoping for some cool surprises when we eventually get a Direct (Xeno3 and Third party).

Ninja84

IceClimbers

I mean, they could easily do a full size Direct in February and just have Kirby be part of the headlines, with the focus being on other games, Splatoon 3 in particular.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2022/01/e3-2022-has-probably-be...

E3 2022 has probably been cancelled digitally according to Jeff Grubb.

Not sure if Nintendo's going to attend Summer Games Fest without E3, never really paid attention to what they showed there because most of what's new is just shown at E3. I do think they're going to be less inclined to save announcements for June though and show some bigger games in the next Direct though.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike I'll believe it when the ESA confirms it. The ESA already said earlier this month they have plans to share for e3 this year, so I find it odd they'd can those plans, or make that statement if they canned e3.

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike Nintendo's presence at Summer Game Fest has been pretty much completely nonexistent, not even some kind of "upcoming Switch games" ads like they do at the Game Awards. The closest to anything Nintendo was Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope being nominated and won "Best Switch game" at Gamescom Opening Night Live (the nominees were that and Just Dance 2022).

So if E3 2022 is cancelled it'll be a 2020 type situation where Nintendo deciding to announce stuff is solely Nintendo's decision rather than timing being decided by the existence of other gaming events.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

MLB The Show 2022 is the only game I hope is announced for Switch sometime between now and late March (for a possible early April release). Every other consideration is secondary in my eyes. In my opinion, Nintendo's Q4 (January, February, and March) is already loaded. Some would say "overloaded" if you're an rpg fan.

And that only continues into April with Advance Wars 1+2 as well as 13 Sentinels.

RPGs....rpgs for everybody.

I hope my fellow Nintendo fans are ready for several months of menu-based combat here in 2022?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

I'm starting to get that itch for a direct 🙃

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

Isn’t Summer Games Fest weird? Where they considered e3 to be apart of their showings?

Vortexeo

@NintendoByNature Lol, same for me! I was just rewatching old directs to relive memories...it just made me crave a new direct even more 😆

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, that's what I thought. Nintendo's always treated E3 as a much bigger deal and if it's gone, they have no need to attend any other events to announce their games. Everyone's constantly frothing at the mouth for the next Nintendo Direct (and this very thread shows it) and constantly giving them tons of press when they happen. Nintendo Directs ARE the event now, and they can easily deliver their news without E3 or SGF.

I don't think it'll be like 2020 though because Nintendo was struggling to adapt to COVID and that killed almost the entire year. Even if there's another shutdown, they probably won't be affected as much and we'll end up with a much healthier lineup and more Directs to announce them. Without E3 we'll probably have a similar Direct schedule to a normal year, just with a summer Direct instead of an E3 Direct, and they may not necessarily air it in June.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike I fully agree. People saying that e3's cancelation means that Nintendo will default to their 2020 plans again isn't necessarily the case. I honestly feel like Nintendo themselves won't have any troubles being heard if they just do directs, given that they were the only reason to really even watch e3 last year anyways.

iLikeUrAttitude

Hopefully a direct isn't too far away. I could see a direct in Febuary like they did last year.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

VoidofLight

Same, I could see one next month. People are just predicting this year to be a quiet year way too early, given that January is always a quiet month for Nintendo in the first place.

iLikeUrAttitude

People are predicting this year to be quiet despite all the games that are coming out confirmed alone?
That makes no sense..

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Fizza

Directs are both the best and worst thing for me specifically. They are the coolest things to get hyped about and watching them is like Christmas but multiple times a year. The UK versions even have a countdown clock on the stream, it's so good. HOWEVER. Since I live in Ireland, the broadcasts are almost ALWAYS on at ridiculous times (11pm for the last one good lord) so it can be hard to stay awake to watch them, especially considering how early I have to get up for school and work and all of that jazz. It can be draining at times. But hey, they're fun in the moment, and that's all that really matters.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic