Forums

Topic: Most Anticipated Switch Games For 2022?

Posts 1 to 20 of 63

iLikeUrAttitude

The title is self explanatory but here are my most anticipated games for next year.
I'll get the obvious ones out the way:

Botw 2
Bayonetta 3
Splatoon 3
Rune Factory 5
Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak
Mario Rabbids Spark of Hope
Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp
Triangle Strategy
Kirby Forgotten Land
Pokémon Legends Arceus

There are a bunch of heavy hitters on this list for next year and this is only for the games we already know are coming out. This could be one of the switches best years from what I'm seeing.

Personally the ones I'm looking forward to the most are the monster hunter rise dlc; I poured around 200 hours into that game then put it down because it didn't have any endgame content. Not to mention charm farming was a pain. Since we're getting more content with this expansion, G-rank being in there I'm super hyped.

What are yalls most anticipated games for next year?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Anti-Matter

YOUTUBERS LIFE 2 !!! 😃😃😃
Untitled

Anti-Matter

SmashBall35

Definitely BOTW 2. I can’t wait to see what they’ve added to the BOTW storyline and the (possible 🤞) rise of ganondorf.

“I paused my game to be here” -SmashBall35

If you are responding to me in forums or a comment I would much appreciate it if you quoted or tagged me in your responses so I can see it and respond. Otherwise I usually can’t tell that you’ve replied. Thanks!

Grumblevolcano
  • Pokemon Legends Arceus - Been more excited about it since the confirmation that it's not BotW open world but rather something like Monster Hunter
  • Triangle Strategy - The demo released in February was fun
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp - It'll be nice revisiting these games

I'm generally more excited about nearer releases and these are the games that I'm looking forward to that's releasing in the next 4 months (using the eshop release date for Advance Wars).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

Easily BOTW 2 (Although I kinda doubt it's actually gonna release next year) and Splatoon 3. Re-boot Camp also looks pretty interesting and I'll probably be checking that one out as well. I'll probably get the Kirby game, but it depends on how difficult (or not) it is.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Ralizah

1) BotW2
2) Mario + Rabbids 2
3) Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp

I'll be getting other games (Legends: Arceus and Splatoon 3 are almost guaranteed), but, so far, those are the ones I'm most excited for.

I'm more excited for Triangle Strategy's OST than I am for the game itself, although I'm hoping a new demo sells me on it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

The OP hit the nail on the head for everything I'm most excited for, so unfortunately I don't have much to add. However, my #1 is botw2.

On the indie front, my most anticipated game Is TMNT Shredders revenge. With the people behind SoR4 being apart of Shredders revenge, I'm very optimistic.

NintendoByNature

Cynas

I'm hyped for most of the ones mentioned so far, but other than the ones mentioned I'd say AI: The Somnium Files: nirvanA Initiative. Also hyped for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, even though I've already played it on PS4, I'm just really excited it's getting added to the Switch's library.

A few other 2022 Switch games that could be good but I'm slightly hesitant on are Atelier Sophie 2, Digimon Survive, and Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga. Will probably wait on reviews for these.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

RR529

Really just Kirby: the Forgotten Land & BotW2 (if it does hit in 2022) at the moment. Though I'm sure the big N will release a few unannounced games I'll probably get too.

For the record, while they do look like good games, I've never gotten into Bayonetta, Splatoon, or Monster Hunter (and it's been awhile since I've been into Pokemon), so the new entries just really aren't my thing (that, and I play most 3rd party titles elsewhere these days).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iLikeUrAttitude

NintendoByNature wrote:

The OP hit the nail on the head for everything I'm most excited for, so unfortunately I don't have much to add. However, my #1 is botw2.

Hey man it means enough that you shared your thoughts anyway. Glad to hear em.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

kkslider5552000

It's obviously BOTW2. Not an interesting answer, but it would need to be something incredibly special to overshadow BOTW2 for me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NinChocolate

I’ll take a combo meal of 3, 9 and 1, in that order.

NinChocolate

Kayvoo

I'm excited to see how Wreckfest gets squashed onto Switch, my favourite racing game by far. I'm hoping for an in house port running natively at a steady 30fps with all physics and particle effects present, 16 player online, 24 player offline. They could pull this off with their talent & the game engine is scalable.

My Heroes:
Frank Zappa
Bill Hicks
Satoru Iwata

Nintendo Network ID: Kayvoo

theepictorkoal

1. Pokemon Legends Arceus
2. Triangle Strategy
3. Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
4. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
5. Prinny Presents NIS Classics Vol. 2

I'm also planning on getting:

• Digimon Survive
  • Monark
  • Atelier Sophie 2 The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream
  • Metal Max Xeno Reborn
  • The Cruel King and the Great Hero

I didn't count those on with the first 5 as these also have a release planned for PS4, so I'm getting them on that system instead unless any of the games has extra content or better performance on the Switch version for whatever reason.

theepictorkoal

Magician

Advance Wars 1+2
AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative
Bayonetta 3
Dragon Quest X Offline (assuming it gets a western release)
Made In Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness
Neon White
River City Girls Zero
River City Girls 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
Wreckfest

...would be my top ten after just glancing at a release schedule. There are several more, naturally.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

They aren't actually my most anticipated games but I'm going with the unpopular answers of Marvel's Midnight Suns and even though it hasn't got a release date or even a trailer yet Ushiro as I miss Level 5 games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

Sports Story
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (if the rumour is true)

MarioBrickLayer

sixrings

@Kayvoo the fact that we saw some footage but there’s no release date makes me wonder if wreckfest was actually one of the games which was supposed to come out with a switch pro launch. It’s hard for me to see how this game is going to run otherwise, unless it’s at 480p.

sixrings

Cynas

Totally forgot about this one since we technically don't have a confirmed release date yet, but Silksong would be near the top of my list, next to BoTW2 and RF5.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic