Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Posts 581 to 588 of 588

Kennosuke

This game still needs a locked framerate on switch!! It drops wayy too much still!

Kennosuke

Joeynator3000

...Decided to bump this up since I'm playing it again...

Anyone have any tips on Soulseer? Already level 64, and there's one point in the fight where he just manages to one-shot me and my monster, on top of the fact where he can attack twice in a turn. :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

iLikeUrAttitude

I got gifted this game via amazon as a birthday present! It comes March 3rd and I can't wait, I loved the first game and put 100 hours into it, and I'm not even done with all the endgame content yet.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Pizzamorg

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

I got gifted this game via amazon as a birthday present! It comes March 3rd and I can't wait, I loved the first game and put 100 hours into it, and I'm not even done with all the endgame content yet.

It was one of my favourite games of last year, you are in for an absolute treat! It got much better served when it came to additional content than Rise did, too and so the end game is as excellent as the campaign.

Nergigante is an absolute ***** though.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

iLikeUrAttitude

@Pizzamorg Glad to hear it! I heard that the sequel also came with a bunch of quality of life features as well.
I can see myself pouring just as much time into this game if not more than the first one.

Now the question is which game do I play first between this one and Astral chain? They both arrive on the same day.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Pizzamorg

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

@Pizzamorg Glad to hear it! I heard that the sequel also came with a bunch of quality of life features as well.
I can see myself pouring just as much time into this game if not more than the first one.

Now the question is which game do I play first between this one and Astral chain? They both arrive on the same day.

I would get Astral Chain done first, just because Stories 2 is going to take over your life! Haha.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Magician

Physical copies fell to $30 last week, so I finally grabbed a copy. No download misprint on the cover yet there's a 971 MB download. Mostly post-launch DLC I assume. Anywho, I look forward to getting into this game...eventually.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

iLikeUrAttitude

Just finished this game last night here are my thoughts reposted from another thread:

Untitled

Amazing game and basically a step up in almost every way from the first
I loved all of the QoL features introduced that made gameplay more seamless
Like being able to collect items while moving, catavan from anywhere and by FAR the biggest improvement gameplay wise was the Gene system. The fact that they let you pick where you put your genes automatically made it so you cut most of the bs from the other game.
While the story was a bit generic and straightforward it was still entertaining voice acting with actual languages and not gibberish enhanced the emotions I feel. Although there were some moment where Navirou was annoying but thats honestly it in terms of characters being annoying, Kyle basically being a repeat of Chevals character arc but imo executed a bit better.
And no Debli also gives this game huge points.
I prefer this story over the first because it was a bit less goofy and took itself more serious while also giving you a good balance of comedy in between.
The villains where also cooler being enemy riders AND hunters which made it more interesting instead of the goofy scientist from last game.
Gameplay was mostly the same but with more refinements i feel, tho I wish combos came back tho and the balancing with weapons could've been better, like how theres no reason to use gunlance for example.

The performance issues were also a bit disappointing but thankfully it was only major in Rutoh and the rest were few and far between, tho slightly noticeable, the game is still gorgeous regardless.
Flying also felt a TON smoother and less clunky.
A slight problem I have with the story is that it felts like a sequel and reimaging of the franchise at the same time with the constant callbacks to the first but at the same time some retcons like Avinia's character arc.
It feels like you can mostly play this game by itself but at the same some scenes will hit harder only if you played the first game. But it's still a well told classic shounen like story that delivers a satisfying journey and conclusion.

Oh yeah I also miss that you can't change monster elements anymore
Don't see any reason why they removed them.
Also sidetrack the OST is a banger, there were so many good tunes whether it just be from the overworld or in tense moments like in boss fights, ESPECIALLY the final boss.

Overall this game was great and glad I gave this series another chance.
It's still the best pokemon game on the Switch.
I rate it a 9/10
And if any of you are curious it took me 80 hours to beat.
Can't wait for either DLC or for it's inevitable sequel since this sold well.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic