Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Posts 621 to 635 of 635

VoidofLight

@DomGC Honestly, this is really tempting to click on, but I really shouldn't.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

DomGC

@VoidofLight I don't think it's worth not getting spoiled on but I put the tag there for a reason lol
I think some people may appreciate it more than I

Edited on by DomGC

DomGC

Balta666

@DomGC is not that bad. I actually got a good laugh out of it

Balta666

JaxonH

Ok, beat Nargacuga and am now at this giant hole in the ground with Ena. Finally unlocked online co-op and vs, which is a really cool idea, even more so given you can play doubles.

Slow and steady, bit by bit. Gotta go do some side Quests now in my endeavor to compete every quest in the game as I go along.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: MH Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Neo TWEWY
3DS: MH Stories, Metroid Samus Returns
PC/SteamDeck: Mass Effect Legendary Ed.
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH That's pretty much the point where I stopped playing a couple of days ago.

Hopefully the co-op quests won't be too annoying to complete.

Edited on by Ralizah

Most Anticipated Games
Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)
Breath of the Wild 2 (Switch)
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (Switch)
Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp (Switch)
Metroid Dread (Switch)

VoidofLight

I’ve solo’d all the co-op side quests so far. Partially because I don’t really know how to invite a friend over to my game.

alpacatears

@Ralizah The AI is pretty good if you want to do it all solo. I've started doing some of the SR expedition quests and the AI companion is very heavy handed with the ancient potions to support the team

alpacatears

roy130390

I recommend to get your Palamute as soon as you are able. It's quite a decent monster and a valuable asset for a good portion of the game. That and, well, they are adorable.

roy130390

roy130390

I just finished the story and loved it. Fortunately, there's still stuff to do in the game for me because I don't wanna play anything else yet.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

VoidofLight

Is it just me, or does the story’s pacing feel as if it’s going by far too quickly.

mr_somewhere

@VoidofLight It speeds up tremendously in the fourth area but I just saw that as a positive, it was pretty engaging. Having said that I still took ages to get it done as I am far too ocd about getting all the sidequests out of the way and getting at least one decent egg from each of the monsters.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

DomGC

@VoidofLight the final bit is pretty bland, imo. You meet the final buddy and after that it LITERALLY becomes "go there, do that" with barely any explanation or story beyond that. They barely say than more than a sentence or two to you in the last area..

DomGC

roy130390

I'm kinda confused because I still saw a lot of dialogue in the end and everything was explained before and happening at that point. Kinda hard to say more without spoilers but I'll just say I'm pretty satisfied with the story and it's outcome.

roy130390

DomGC

@roy130390 maybe it depends on what yo u consider the final bit. Like, everything in the final town felt like padding to me. They explain a little bit at the start and very end of that section but everything in-between felt semi-pointless to me. It didn't need that town at all, if you ask me, they could've just let you search for that area's "final boss" because of what happened with the monster in the past.

DomGC

VoidofLight

I think I’m at the mid-point, and things seem to be happening at a break-neck pace with little to no build-up to them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic