Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 581 to 594 of 594

EOTW

So I've heard that it is possible to get a switch pro controller to work on pc using a bluetooth adapter, has anyone here tried that?

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Anti-Matter

redd214 wrote:

@Anti-Matter wiimotes don't work with the Switch. I'm sure there is some third party adapter that could make it work but not natively regardless of what firmware you have. Besides why would you want to use a wiimote when the Joycons are superior in just about every possible way?

I was thinking about to add more controller for playing games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe until 4 Players. I only have 2 pairs of Joy Cons so i consider Wiimotes for additional players.

Anti-Matter

redd214

@Anti-Matter well for mario kart in particular since you have 2 pairs of joycon each player can use one so you can still play 4 player with what you currently have. Not the most comfortable but works fin

redd214

SuperLuigiTime

EOTW wrote:

So I've heard that it is possible to get a switch pro controller to work on pc using a bluetooth adapter, has anyone here tried that?

Yes, it works. I tried it on my PC with the Dolphin emulator using it as a Gamecube controller.

SuperLuigiTime

Switch Friend Code: SW-2814-0794-4500 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-6949-4255 | Nintendo Network ID: tavorestye92

penfold007

Incase anyone is interested amazon.co.uk has the Xenoblade Pro Controller down to £49.99 just now.

penfold007

Switch Friend Code: SW-7145-0156-5913 | My Nintendo: Paul85H | Nintendo Network ID: Paul85H

GuruOfGreatness

Had my Switch and Pro Controller since launch. Use the Pro Controller when I get a chance to play on the big TV.

However, was just playing WWE 2K18 for the first time on the TV, and I noticed that there was no rumble from my Pro Controller at all. None whatsoever.

I checked the settings in the game, and rumble was on.

Went to the Switch home menu to do the "find controller" thing, and it rumbled/buzzed normally.

Popped DOOM and Rocket League in for a couple of minutes each just to test it, and though it works, the rumble feels sooooooooo weak (and the controller is fully charged).

Because I so rarely get a chance to play on the TV, I rarely use the Pro Controller and so can't remember how good the rumble actually is in games. Plus the game is likely to change by the time I play on the TV.

Anyone else experience this or is yours the same/is it the norm?

Thought I'd best ask now whilst I still have a couple of months guarantee on the controller.

Thank you in advance

GuruOfGreatness

troubledbadger

@GuruOfGreatness A simple test can be done by downloading pinball fx and playing the free table. The rumble in that game is insane and will feel like the pad is exploding every time you bounce off something. If your rumble is weak on that game id suggest the controller may be faulty.

Hope that helps.

Edited on by troubledbadger

troubledbadger

GuruOfGreatness

@troubledbadger

Thank you. If its a free download I may give it a try. Seemed to work as it should on Mario Oddyssey when I completed that the other week. Then again, was it working as it should or was it working as I got used to lol.

GuruOfGreatness

SonOfVon

the thread is huge and I couldn't find the answer for my question which is: do the later versions of joycon, like the splatoon, mario and arms have the infamous left joycon issue? thanks

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

CaPPa

@SLIGEACH_EIRE
Seems fair. I think that the only system with poor controller was the PS4, purely because it had pointless features and a battery that would die faster than my Wii U' s GamePad.

I really like the Switch joycons because they are so versatile.

CaPPa

blaisedinsd

Joy-cons are $10 off right now at Walmart USA !

Always thought the little buggers were too expensive but this put it more in my sweet spot so I jumped on this deal.

Got neon pink and green while my originals are gray. Was torn if I should get the original neon colors instead. I’m not going to open it till I get my kids opinions for possible exchange

SW-7087-5868-6390

BalloonFighter

I decided to get a fighting stick and the Hori one was too rich for my blood at $150 so I got the Mayflash F101 for $40 from Amazon. It's decent. The joystick has a square restrictor, but luckily it looks like you can use Sanwa ones so I will swap it out with a 4-8 way swappable one. I'll probably put in new microswitches in the buttons too to get a little better action in them.

BalloonFighter

PsychicMantis

I notice that most people say that the Switch Pro Controller is heavily inspired by, or a downright copy of, the Xbox One Controller. I am well aware, just like everyone else, that the Xbox 360 controller became a standard due to its huge success as the most ergonomic and responsive controller of its generation. That is why I'm sure the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers influenced the design of most modern controllers (not only the Switch Pro Controller, but also the Dualshock 4) as we can clearly see in the generally more robust, ergonomic, minimalistic and curved design all gaming companies have adopted for their controllers.

But I actually think the Switch Pro Controller is a modern version or evolution of the Wii Classic Controller Pro (rather than the Wii U Pro Controller), and the asymmetrical sticks (the element most people point out when arguing that this is an Xbox One controller copy) are clearly there because Nintendo had no other choice with the Switch but to adopt this layout, as it allows each Joy Con to be used as an individual controller. The Switch Pro Controller simply mirrors the Joy Cons' button layout. Does anybody else think the same?

PsychicMantis

Sorry, this topic has been locked.