Forums

Topic: Is the Switch's Second Year a Disappointment for you?

Posts 161 to 180 of 206

Ralizah

I'm actually a bit surprised there hasn't been any news about XCOM on Switch yet. I mean, the series launched on VITA and MOBILE PHONES, for god's sake!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

bluemage1989

@Ralizah I know right. I enjoyed Kingdom Battle but I'll admit thoughts of Xcom were often in the back of my mind.

bluemage1989

Kriztian

I think it's worth mentioning that the switch came to stores march 3rd 2017, so it hasn't been on market for two years before march 3rd 2019.
In my opinion 2017 blew everything out of the water with mario odyssey, zelda botw, mario kart 8 deluxe and splatoon 2. Unless nintendo switch had gotten crazy 3rd party support this year, the chances of 2018 being just as good or even better were very slim. However, I think Nintendo has still done a good job. Bayonetta 1 and 2, donkey kong tropical freeze and smash ultimate are some big hitters. Fortnite is obviously really important, although it's not everyone's peace of cake. And then you can top that with pokemon, octopath traveler, kirby, super mario party, some dope indies and some decent third party support, and it makes 2018 look pretty good.

Edited on by Kriztian

Kriztian

SKTTR

If I only had the money and time to play each and every good Switch game that was released in 2018, it would be gamer's heaven.

January had Rocket League, Lost Sphear and Axiom Verge on retail and highlights like Celeste, Darkest Dungeon, The Escapists 2, World to the West, Furi, Of Mice and Sand, Black: The Fall and Super Meat Boy on eShop. Most people though got plenty of holiday and christmas games to play from last year like Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, Skyrim, DOOM, L.A. Noire, Stardew Valley, etc.

February had Bayonetta 1&2, Dragon Quest Builders, Payday 2, Portal Knights, The Longest 5 Minutes, Overcooked, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, and The Count Lucanor on retail, plus eShop highlights Outlast - Bundle of Terror, Bridge Constructor Portal, The Fall Part 2: Unbound, The Final Station, Toki Tori 2+, Night in the Woods, Layers of Fear Legacy, Fe, Joe Dever's Lone Wolf, Crypt of the NecroDancer, Mercenaries Saga Chronicles, Mercenary Kings Reloaded, The Darkside Detective, Dandara, SteamWorld Dig, Her Majesty's Spiffing, and many other cool games.

March came along and brought us Kirby Star Allies, Penny-Punching Princess, The Long Reach, Attack on Titan 2, Atelier Lydie&Suelle, Outlast II, Adventures of Bertram Fiddle, Unholy Heights, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Last Day of June, World Neverland, Kona, Mulaka, Detention, Steredenn, Fear Effect Sedna, Subsurface Circular, Toki Tori, and Splatoon 2's Octo-Expansion preorder.

The best Switch games in April were South Park: The Fractured But Whole, NeoATLAS 1469, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy, Shelter Generations, Saturday Morning RPG, The Way Remastered, The Bunker & Late Shift, Goetia, Sumer, Don't Starve, Wild Guns Reloaded, Super Daryl Deluxe, A Robot Named FIGHT!, D/Generation, and Membrane, not to mention the two LABO kits and the excellent music maker KORG Gadget.

May was the release of Hyrule Warriors - Definitive Edition, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Street Fighter - 30th Anniversary Collection, both Mega Man Legacy Collections, Little Nightmares - Complete Edition, Battle Chasers Nightwar, Yesterdays Origins, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Ultimate Edition, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - Deluxe Edition, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles and eShop gems such as BIT.TRIP RUNNER 3, Smoke and Sacrifice, West of Loathing, Songbringer, PixelJunk Monsters 2, Ikaruga, Yoku's Island Express, Wizard of Legend, Knights of Pen&Paper, Punch Club, Bloodstained, Death Road to Canada, Baobabs Mausoleum, White Knight, FRAMED Collection, Fairune Collection, Immortal Redneck, The Fall, Raging Justice, and the start of The Banner Saga.

June featured Mario Tennis Aces, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Harvest Moon: Light of Hope, The Lost Child, Happy Birthdays, Flashback, and Minecraft on retail and Fortnite, Hollow Knight, Fallout Shelter, Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory, Super Sportmatchen, The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker, The Journey Down 1 2 3, Them Bombs, Banner Saga 2, Air Mail, Lumines Remastered, Inside and Limbo on the eShop.

July was pretty great with Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Shining Resonance Refrain, Go Vacation, both Mega Man X Legacy Collections, Titan Quest, and eShop games such as Paladins, Code of Princess X, Banner Saga 3, Hand of Fate 2, The Lion's Song, Bomber Crew, Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!, The Wardrobe, Mushroom Wars 2, Frost, Star Story, Pool Panic, Bud Spencer & Terence Hill, and Wii U gems Runbow and Squids Odyssey.

Now we're at the end of August with amazing games released this month such as State of Mind, SNK Heroines, Okami HD, Overcooked! 2, Dead Cells, Flipping Death, Iconoclasts, 2064: Read Only Memories, Salt and Sanctuary, The Inner World 1&2, 1979 Revolution Black Friday, Not A Hero, Cosmic Star Heroine, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Prison Architect, Morphies Law, Bad North, Out of the Box, The Low Road, Behind The Screen, Kero Blaster, and Earthworms.
And Fall of Light, Blade Strangers, Victor Vran, God Wars, The Messenger, Realpolitiks, and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate are just days away.

The rest of the year includes highlights such as Valkyria Chronicles 4, two new Pokémon games, a new Labo game, Diablo III - Eternal Collection featuring Ganondorf, Dark Souls Remastered, Dragonball Fighter Z, Arena of Valor, Starlink: Battle for Atlas featuring Starfox, Super Mario Party, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

I feel this year is better than most years I experienced in gaming.
Sorry for all the good games released on Switch this year that I forgot to mention.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

stockholmSyndrom

Let's be honest here, the Nintendo switch is the Wii U 2.0 in regards to games and the way Nintendo are treating it. It has the same first-year buzz, (Talk about sales differences all you like, doesn't change what im saying) and now it has the same massive tumbleweed months where nothing.....and i mean nothing is coming out. Don't talk to me about PORTS! Or some crummy game that you have convinced yourself warrants the purchase of the Wii u, sorry i mean switch.

Don't tell me how you still play last years games and are really enjoying them! Because guess what, you're gonna be doing that until Nintendo give up on the switch. Not only are there months and months of nothingness, but the games on the horizon are mediocre. You should know of at least 5 massive games due inside the next 12 months! And you should know of many more titles being developed for the future, But you hear hardly anything.

Again, don't start with the average games talk like its supposed to blow away my argument because it dosnt....and not even a little bit.

The FACTS here are as follows, The switch is repeating the errors of the Wii U and you guys cannot accept it! And guys, i understand, i purchased a wii u and loved it! But for the longest time i was the same as you, i just could not admit that Nintendo had nothing absolutely NOTHING. In the end the odd triple A gem will come around, but its always to little to late.

I feel sorry for you all, but taking this out on people like me who call out the lack of decent games isnt going to fix the problem. Stop denying the concern in what they are saying. You are coming across as massive fanboys who can not see that Nintendo are playing you for fools.

You have no Netflix and co, and many system problems that should have been sorted on day one. STOP putting up with it and tell the truth! TELL THE TRUTH! Im so sick of it! I want to buy a switch, but as long as everyone is berrying their heads in the sand, nothing will change.

The switch is Wii U part 2, Only difference is you now can take your switch outside, to play..............tumbleweed.

stockholmSyndrom

stockholmSyndrom

ReaderRagfish I didn't say the switch sucks, try again.

stockholmSyndrom

GrailUK

...my wallet prays for months of nothingness.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Tibob

My backlog on Switch is already so big that I'm more than fine with the release schedule !

Tibob

iLikeUrAttitude

@Tibob Thats good to hear, I'm glad you're enjoying this year! Any specific games you bought/were interested in this year?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

FaeKnight

@stockholmSyndromLet's see here...

Good to amazing first party games being released on the switch this year? Check. There are 4 or 5 very well received first party games released or being released this year. By comparison XB1 has, uhm... Sea of Thieves? Which bombed for good reason. The game is boring, with little to do.

3rd party support with 3rd party games from major publishers being released this year? Check that box too, I believe. The Wii and Wii U didn't really have 3rd party support due to lack of sales or the system being too limiting in what you can do.

Quality indie games? Check this box as well.

Yes, most (if not all) of the indie games are also available on other consoles. And yes so far the 3rd party support is mostly porting games to the Switch that are already released on other consoles. But to be fair, indie games get released on as many platforms as the creator can manage to begin with. And 3rd party developers have been testing the waters. Assuming they see sales numbers for their Switch ports that are high enough, expect them to start bringing good games to the Switch in addition to the other consoles.

A console lives or dies on it's games library. And that games library including 3rd party developers is an important factor since producing quality 1st party games takes time.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Tobiaku

For me, 2018 has been much better than 2017. And hopefully 2019 will be even better.
Really looking forward to SNK Heroines tag team frenzy, Peach ball Senran Kagura, Super Smash and I also have yet to import the Layton game.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Tibob

@iLikeUrAttitude
So far I got :

• Wolfenstein 2
  • Octopath
  • Overcooked 2
  • Hollow Knight
  • Pocket Rumble

I also got Little Nightmares but I really couldn't get into it.

Tibob

GrailUK

@stockholmSyndrom Actually. Man thinking about it you are absolutely right. What am I doing with my life. Fine you win. What's my next move? What do you recommend?

JasmineDragon

@GrailUK My god, he's right, I can see it so CLEARLY now. What was I THINKING, blindly following Nintendo's lies when REALLY they had NOTHING, NOTHING. When I think of ALL the money I've WASTED playing these TERRIBLE games!!!!!! Thank god we have a CLEAR THINKER like stockholmSyndrom (iseewhatudidthere) to SHOW US the TRUTH!!!!

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

1UP_MARIO

@GrailUK I’d say they owe you big time. Your next move should be finding a good solicitor and taking Nintendo to court

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

GrailUK

@JasmineDragon I realise now it was just shallow, empty fun. I...I guess I took comfort in the nothingness. It was easier than having to decide for myself how to fill the void in my heart. It's kind of ironic that it took a user called Stockholm Syndrome to point out how much we were held hostage by Nintendo.

@1UP_MARIO I...I don't know what I'm doing with this hobby. You might be right, but I'm going to wait on advice from Mr Syndrome. He seems to know the score so to speak.

Edited on by GrailUK

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.