Forums

Topic: Is the Switch's Second Year a Disappointment for you?

Posts 101 to 120 of 206

EvilLucario

@iLikeUrAttitude Fair enough, it's certainly not everyone. But looking at this year compared to last year, I feel like the vast majority of people would have preferred 2017's lineup compared to 2018's lineup no matter where you game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

I recently did a calculation on my purchase history so far in 2018 I’ve spent over $1,000 on games

I wish I was as picky as some of you thinking there are no games on switch

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Xbox had a better 2018 than 2017, not much better but stuff like MCC being fixed pushes it above 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

troy258

Up until this point it is pretty dissapointing. First party Octopath traveler and bayonetta 1+2 are the stand-outs for me. Third-party i bought YS VIII, South park, battle chasers nightwar and blazblue. For the games that come out this year but i won't buy day one sushi striker (on sale), shining resonance refrain (on sale) ,hyrule warriors, monster hunter generations ultimate, valkyria chronicles 4, dragon ball fighterz ( if the online mode is fixed), super mario party, the world ends with you. The games that i'm going to buy day one are super smas bros ultimate, pokemon let's go evee, fifa 19, diablo 3 and tales of vesperia. In total I would say that i would have liked more options but there still is enough to play. I'm hoping for some more announcements at a new nintendo direct but otherwise there are still a lot of great indies to buy. So yes maybe this year is a little dissapointing but i don't really mind.

troy258

iLikeUrAttitude

@EvilLucario Well last year did have Mario and Zelda along with some notable exclusives. It was inevitable that we had a underwhelming year such as this when the big games were already used, though I didn't expect it to be on this scale.
Looking on the bright side though this is sure to mean that next year will be even greater.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iLikeUrAttitude

@ValhallaOutcast No one here is saying that there are no games on the Switch. This is just a discussion whether or not the second year was disappointing or not for us.

If you managed to spend over $1000 on just Switch games then good for you.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

ValhallaOutcast

Well than to stay on topic no it’s not disappointing because I can’t stop buying and there are so many good games still coming that have been announced plus we know a few still will be announced

boop22

@ValhallaOutcast lol if you're still riding that train to the end of 2018, try not to be disappointed with that "more games are gonna be announced!" outlook

boop22

ValhallaOutcast

@boop22 not expect specific games but Nintendo clearly said the full holiday lineup has not been revealed yet

Agriculture

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

@Agriculture Well it depends on what games you like... the best I can do is to recommend games to you. Though I can't promise if they appeal to you. If you can nothing but third parties then power to you.
As for exclusives released this year that I would recommend; Octopath Traveler (if you're into JRPGs), and upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC.

There also some Wii U ports like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad if you're into that. Not sure what type of games you're into though.

I bought Xenoblades Chronicles 2, played it for 5 hours and realized I liked nothing about it, then I got YS VIII instead and liked it way more. I tried the demo of Octopath Traveler and didn't like it at all.

I did get Tropical Freeze, and thought it was one of the best games I've played in a long while, it's not a Switch exclusive though so that's why I didn't mention it. And Captain Toad, I also played the demo and it's a pretty average game not worth getting into.

So Nintendo hasn't really had any super exciting exclusive games for the Switch this year, but I found you can get by on multiplattform games until 2019. I haven't even played Crash n Sane yet so there's plenty more. I think this is a good thing, because I wouldn't want rushed games. In 2019 I do hope to see Metroid Prime 4 though.

Agriculture

iLikeUrAttitude

@Agriculture Sounds like you're not really into more traditional RPGs, and more into hack and slash games along with platformers. If So I recommend you get Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors from last year.

Hopefully we see more info from their upcoming games.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

electrolite77

No it’s been good for me. Hollow Knight, Celeste, Okami, FM Touch, Owlboy, the Octopath Expansion, Wolfenstein 2, Crash Trilogy, Lumines, Yokus Island Express, Tropical Freeze (couldn’t get into it on Wii U) etc. Plenty to play.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

iLikeUrAttitude

@electrolite77 Well its nice to hear that the majority of the people responding are happy with the current year.

I'm also curious to know how this year holds up to last years in your opinion.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Agriculture

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

@Agriculture Sounds like you're not really into more traditional RPGs, and more into hack and slash games along with platformers. If So I recommend you get Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors from last year.

Hopefully we see more info from their upcoming games.

I'm not dissatisfied with the consoles year at all, though I do hope both Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime comes 2019. And more third party games like Mega Man 11. The selection of games are shaping up to be quite good.

From the launch up to when Odyssey came out, the Switch was a "Botw-playing device" but now it covers most of my gaming needs.

Agriculture

EvilLucario

@Agriculture Coming from the guy that couldn't figure out how to switch targets in Xenoblade 2, that's pretty obvious you wouldn't like it lmao.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Agriculture

EvilLucario wrote:

@Agriculture Coming from the guy that couldn't figure out how to switch targets in Xenoblade 2, that's pretty obvious you wouldn't like it lmao.

It's bad game design if it isn't intuitive. Xenoblade Chronicles was full of bad game design. Even the fishing mini game was poorly thought out with quick time events tied to four different face buttons.

Agriculture

iLikeUrAttitude

@Agriculture ...What? The game literally tells you how to switch targets in a tutorial. Even then you could just press left on the D pad it would've shown you how to target enemies.
As for the fishing minigame which I believe you're referring to salvaging which isn't hard to comprehend. Even if you miss the QTE the first time, the location of that specific salvage point never changes allowing you to learn it.

It's ok if the game doesn't appeal to you but blaming the game itself for faults of your own when it already has been explained to you isn't bad game design, it's the incompetence of the player itself.
What you described right there sounds like something DSP would do.

Wait a minute... I just realized you're the guy who made the forums post on why the switch controller should have less buttons.... Xenoblade Chronicles definitely isn't for you then...

That being said please don't stray off topic, that includes you too @EvilLucario
I don't want this to derail into a long argument.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

EvilLucario

@Agriculture The game literally tells you how to swap targets. And that point about salvaging is just plain dumb. So what if it's on four different buttons?

Plus, you wouldn't know anything about "bad design" when you talked about removing buttons from a controller going forward, ignoring each function of the buttons for complex games.

Agriculture

EvilLucario wrote:

@Agriculture The game literally tells you how to swap targets. And that point about salvaging is just plain dumb. So what if it's on four different buttons?

Plus, you wouldn't know anything about "bad design" when you talked about removing buttons from a controller going forward, ignoring each function of the buttons for complex games.

That's the point. The game shows you a wall of text instead of blending in mechanisms organically. They should have looked at Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey for how to create and introduce mechanisms. Even indie titles like Axiom Verge does it well, having a level design that forces to player to carry out an action before he can proceed.

It's also weird that you start talking about my old threads. Are you really that insecure about liking Xenoblades Chronicles 2?

Agriculture

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.