Forums

Topic: How do I Minecraft?

Posts 81 to 94 of 94

NEStalgia

So I still ahve my cave...I've made like 200 torches and started spreading them at the entrances to all the bazillion cavern entrances I've finding. THis is a weird world seed. It has a village (first one I've had), and like every 3 feet is an opening into a cavern/underground. I have a bed.

I've been penning animals in...building TONS of fences around them...it's impossible getting the sheep and cows into the fencing! I managed but that was a lot of work. So I have 2 pigs in a fence, 2 cows in a fence, one fence with one cow, 2 sheep in a fence adjoining one cow, and I had another fence off to the side with one sheep. That lone sheep is GONE?! Where did it go?! It was in the fence so wolves shouldn't have been able to get to it! I lit the fence with torches so there should be no zombies. What happened to my sheep? And how do I get it back?

And in general, how do I breed more animals before they all go missing?

After that I think my quest is for iron to build some armor. I have a few pieces but haven't found major quarries. Once I get some armor, then maybe I'll start exploring caverns? Not sure what else to do above ground now that I'm getting some animals up and going....

NEStalgia

Eel

You can get animals to follow you into the fenced areas by holding their favorite food.

Don't forget to close the fence doors after getting them inside.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Meowpheel How do you know their favorite food? And how do you find it?

I haven't been able to get animals into the gates....I've been trying to push them....so I build out a fence 80% of the way, try to push the animal into the fence, then hastily build the fence around them. A few I was lucky to drop them in from overhead off a step Sometimes they wander away before I complete the fence, then I quickly build another crafting table, a bunch of fences, and try to build an all new one to hastily build around them....then expand it later with an interlock of gates, and then tear down the inner layers And then put torches up to keep it lit so zombies don't spawn in my animal pens. It seems like animals can't actually use the gates, they haven't gone on or out that I've seen.

But I still don't know what happened to the one sheep. Can they die if unattended or something?

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Oops, you answered my question for me before I replied to mewopheel...darn page 6 appearing from thin air!

Ohh, woohoo, X-rated animal activities! Only on XBo...err...Switch!

Weird question...after you have 3 animals in the pen....do some have age limits and die off (and how do you know the age of the animal?) Or do you just start inbreeding like it's 1139?

@Meowpheel LOL....yeah....I can't get myself to do the leather thing....and it doesn't seem too useful considering iron is a thing Real life however, is different. The animals aren't adorable smiling cubes. And they stink.

NEStalgia

KirbyTheVampire

@NEStalgia I don't know if this still happens, but when I used to play MC on PC, animals would sometimes glitch out of fences. Maybe that's what happened to the sheep.

And yes, inbreed the animals to your hearts content. They're all the same. Whether they're technically brothers and sisters or whatever doesn't matter.

They don't have ages, either. They could live forever if you keep them alive.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

NEStalgia

@Meowpheel Enchanting....I forgot (and know nothing about) that.... Uggh...how do you go about building a leather farm? I need more cows!

How do I get all that wheat?

@KirbyTheVampire That might be the case.

NEStalgia

Eel

Just plant regular seeds on farmland and harvest the wheat when the plant looks yellow.

Each mature plant you harvest will give you 1-3 wheat and some extra seeds.

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@Meowpheel I assume you use a hoe to create farmland?

Oh that reminds me. How do you plant more trees to not run out of wood? I did notice I got some saplings at one point, but only 3, and I'm not sure how I got them.

NEStalgia

Eel

Yeah use the hoe.

As for sapplings, you may have noticed that after you cut down a tree, it leaves the leaves floating in thin air... Well, sapplings come by destroying those leaf blocks. You may have accidentally destroyed one, or it died naturally while you were distracted and it left the sappling behind.

They only die naturally if they're far away from a tree block, and if you're around. If you just leave them behind and come back six thousand years later or forget to destroy one single tree block, they'll still be there.

Some leaf blocks also drop apples. If you want to actually get the blocks to use them, then you need to cut them with scissors.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@Meowpheel Wow....that's....intricate. I never would have guessed that!

For panting saplings do you just use the hoe, and plant it? Does it need water etc?

NEStalgia

Eel

Nah you just need to place it on a dirt/grass block and it will grow eventually.

Do keep in mind that, like other plants, they only grow when exposed to light.

Alternatively, you can make bonemeal out of bones to grow them instantly. It may take multiple units.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.