Forums

Topic: Games that are perfect for handheld gaming but are'nt on the Switch

Posts 141 to 154 of 154

Vinny

WarioWare, although it's good on portables and consoles, is just perfect for short portable playing sessions.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

TheFrenchiestFry

@GameOtaku I doubt P5R is a timed exclusive. Especially since considering the website domains being registered as early as not even a few months after the original game's release, it was probably always developed with PS4 in mind just like the original was for PS3.

It's also highly unlikely Catherine and SMTIII were put out as interest gaugers for more games from Atlus on Switch like Persona, so I'd say Royal on PC is more likely at this point. Especially given the Sony Interactive Entertainment chairman's comments about Persona being a "platform holder" for them whatever that means. I don't think that puts Switch off the table for receiving mainline Persona but it was worded super specifically.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

GameOtaku

@TheFrenchiestFry
Catherine was used though as a sort of test for what they did with P5. It even uses the same engine as P5. Platform holder could mean a lot of things but Sony in no way owns Atlus or Persona. Looking at 4Gs sales on steam shows how the series can fair on other platforms and Atlus/Sega can’t afford to leave potential money on the table and not take some sort of action. From no matter what viewpoint you look at it Persona on Switch simply makes sound financial sense. Just like I can see Rondo and SOTN coming to switch while not under requiem but they could package it under Castlevania Collection 2.

GameOtaku

TheFrenchiestFry

@GameOtaku The point on Catherine is slightly incorrect. The original game was used as a test for how Atlus can develop games on PS3/360's hardware, but it was made in Gamebryo, and not the engine they would eventually use for Persona 5. Full Body specifically was a port of all the game's original assets in Persona 5's engine, but it's also a considerably smaller game than P5 being that it isn't a non-linear RPG.

Catherine Full Body also started development for Switch before it was even about to launch for PS4 given that source code in the website referenced Switch as a platform about a year prior to its announcement. It could be a case of testing the waters, but Atlus had to be actively pressured into putting P4G on Steam in the first place, and they've been famously outspoken about how much they don't want their games on other console platforms in the past despite what Atlus West might think. The thing stopping it now is likely that I don't see much demand for a Switch version from Atlus' primary audience in Japan, and it seems to only be something English speakers want, or more specifically people who only own Switches. It would definitely be lucrative for the company, but English speaking territories have always been deemphasized in terms of vocality in the eyes of Atlus Japan's figureheads, which is why I don't see it happening.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

GameOtaku

@TheFrenchiestFry
Sooner they realize the rest of the world matters to their bottom line the better. Don’t tell me when need to Commodore Perry Atlus JP!

GameOtaku

TheFrenchiestFry

@GameOtaku I think the fact that they're starting with Nocturne & Persona 4, by making their PS2 catalogue of games more accessible on modern consoles, it shows that they do care. P5 would be cool, but I'm actually really happy they didn't just go straight for P5 given that they could use this opportunity to clean up the visuals and add content to their older games, especially as a way to get people talking about SMT in general again

Joker's in Smash but I personally never saw that as a definite indicator of main Persona coming to Nintendo consoles because if it was, it probably would've already happened. Considering P5 launched on PS3/PS4 extremely closely to the Switch launch they could've been observing how attractive the platform was, but they're obviously not diving headfirst into P5 for a reason, especially given Royal was in development as early as mid 2017.

TheFrenchiestFry

EngineerMario

The Sims would be the best one hands down

EngineerMario

TheFrenchiestFry

@EngineerMario Sims would be great, but EA so there is that

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Ok Konami hear me out

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, with MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker

but with Twin Snakes as a Switch exclusive game

That is all

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Quimbolas I'm holding out for those rumors about MGS4 getting a PC release to be true personally. There might be complications around porting to other consoles considering not only was MGS4 already designed specifically around the complex architecture of the PS3's Cell Processor, but it was also on a 50GB dual layered disc, which Kojima himself claimed was too dense in data to be compressed easily to be ported to other platforms like Xbox 360.

MGS4 still being PS3-exclusive is pretty sad, especially considering Brawl actually had music from the game in the Shadow Moses Stage before it even released, but it'll probably take a crap ton of compression for it to fit on a Switch cartridge based on how the game was initially stored on PS3.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Magician

If you asked me, right here on the spot.

Dead Island (Deep Silver)
MGS: Peace Walker (Konami)
Journey (Annapurna Interactive)
Vanquish (Sega)
Nier Automata (Square Enix)

Come on publishers, lets go!

Switch Physical Collection - 673 games (as of November 28th, 2020)
Currently playing: Va-11 Hall-A (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Bizaster

@Magician YES! We absolutely NEED NieR;AutoMata on Switch.

Currently playing: Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age

DISCORD USERNAME: Bizaster#5354
INSTAGRAM: @bizaster98
FRIEND CODE: Ask me!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3465-0905-0701 | My Nintendo: RPGamer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic