Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 592

MarioBrickLayer

I thought it would be good to have a thread to discuss the various E3 presentations and particularly the Switch announcements.

Ubisoft is later today and the rumour is there will be one exclusive (Mario + Rabbids 2)...is anyone expecting anything else?

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Snatcher

That game is happening, I bet its happening 100% and if it doesn't, well Idk.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

We already had some killer announcements by way of Summer Game Fest's kickoff show, like Elden Ring, Death Stranding: Director's Cut, among others. The way to go is up, please.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioBrickLayer

@jump no, all the people who told us the pro was going to be announced are saying this game is happening, so it must be true!!

Was the first one announced at the Ubisoft or Nintendo presentation?

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@MarioBrickLayer That's not quite what's happening, Mario + Rabbids Sparkles of Hope (or whatever it is) has come about from a reliable leaker who made a prediction list, they literally used the word prediction. This person isn't Emily Rogers, Eurogamer or Bloomberg who drove the Pro rumours.

Mario + Rabbids was a part of Ubisoft's E3 last time.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

@jump yeah, I was just trying to be funny, nate the hate etc have now discussed this game.

I hope it happens, I loved the first one, although I didn't reallyget into the Donkey Kong DLC, I should give that another go.

MarioBrickLayer

jump

@MarioBrickLayer Nate never talked about inside knowledge on it, he talked about wanting to see a new one.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GrailUK

I would like to see Sands of Time announced for Switch (still can't believe it's skipping us!). And if they can make the style a tad more faithful to the originals, that would be great. Thank you. Is Ubisoft event getting streamed on Nlife?

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

MarioBrickLayer

@GrailUK Sands of Time would be a day one purchase for me if it came to the Switch!

I assume they would stream it, but I think many streamers have copyright issues with ubisoft streams due to the songs in just dance, so some don't bother anymore.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

ReaperMelia

All I really want from Ubisoft would be a new Rayman game personally. Most of their output just isn't my thing, but I love Rayman and would like to see him return soon (as long as the Rabbids stay far away). Starlink looked fun, I still need to play it (Got it when Amazon had it for $15 and offered $15 credit back a week later if you just clicked on something, seemed like a no-brainer). As far as I know though, that one was a flop, so I doubt they'll do anything new with it. Immortals: Fenyx Rising also looked fun, but I kind of just want to wait to see if they put out a complete physical edition with the DLC eventually and wait for it to inevitably go on sale for really cheap. Can't think of anything else I'd be interested in, honestly.

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

MarioBrickLayer

VIIIAxel wrote:

All I really want from Ubisoft would be a new Rayman game personally.

That's an interesting comment, it's been a long time since Rayman Legends. I wonder if they were were to do a new game if they would go 2D or 3D?

MarioBrickLayer

GrailUK

@MarioBrickLayer Ahhh. Yeah, that would scupper it indeed.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jedgamesguy

@VIIIAxel I'd first like to comment that I use almost the exact same shot of Melia (just a few frames later) as my Zoom profile picture. Glad to know another person shares similarly inspired tastes!

I'm looking forward to Ubisoft's, even if it's later than I'd want. The Rabbids have taken over the franchise they're meant to be sideshow acts in, and I hope they don't plug them into a potential Rayman game. I doubt there'd be anything I'd seriously consider buying from Ubisoft, but it's games, who cares?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ReaperMelia

@MarioBrickLayer I think it would be fun to see Ubisoft try a 3D Rayman again, though I'd hope it's consistent with the tone and style Origins and Legends had. Rayman 2 was a bit weird to me given its darker tone and colors (at least from what I remember, I haven't played it in a very long time). I liked that the two most recent games brought back the vibrant, whimsical charm of the first game, so I'd love to see how it would translate to a 3D environment!

@TheJGG It's a great picture! I thought about going with Shulk for my avatar since he's my favorite, but I really liked how this one looked (Plus I figured Shulk would be too much of an easy/common pick for an avatar on a Nintendo-focused site).

I don't mind the Rabbids branching off into their own series or doing their own thing (I'm not a fan of them personally, but I can just skip on their games anyway), but I was happy to see Rayman make a proper return with Origins and I hope he doesn't get sidelined for them again. I'm not planning to watch the conference, but like I do every year, I'll keep an eye out for any potentially interesting news. Sunday's going to be when things get interesting for me (Microsoft in case they show any cool multiplatform releases and then Square Enix so I can desperately hope they show FFXVI and/or a FFI-VI collection).

jedgamesguy

@VIIIAxel Well the Marabbids are back in a new adventure, every last member of my family groaned when I told them. Even Nintendo are getting impatient for E3!

My excitement factor from high to low right now would be… Nintendo, followed very closely by Square, then perhaps Capcom. Final Fantasy has the chance to steal the show this year if they announce the right things. I also do hope for some Life is Strange content, especially the remaster collection.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Magician

I was happy to see Two Point Campus and Endless Dungeon announced on Thursday. A good start to the weekend events. I'm less enthusiastic about Kingdom Come Deliverance; that game struggled to run on a base PS4. And Monark from developer FuRyu? Meh.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ReaperMelia

@TheJGG Here's hoping Mario and the gang are keeping the Rabbids away from Rayman, then! I definitely didn't expect Nintendo to drop that one before the presentation, I'm a little surprised they haven't removed the listing yet.

Nintendo's definitely the one I'm anticipating most, I have a good feeling they'll have some fun surprises. With Square Enix, I'm mostly just hoping for some Final Fantasy news, though I'd really love to see some footage of Neo: The World Ends With You running on the Switch (I'm a bit worried about its performance since the recent preview was only using the PS4 build). I'd add Dragon Quest in with those, but given that had its event a few weeks ago, I'm not expecting it to show up this weekend. I'd love to be proven wrong, though, especially since it seems like those newly announced projects might not be ready for a while. Capcom should be fun; I'm not expecting anything beyond what they already announced, but it's still a solid lineup even with those four games (RE Switch and Ace Attorney 4-6 + 7 would all be very welcome, though). I'm kind of hoping Namco will show something cool, but I never really know what to expect out of them these days.

Grumblevolcano

I'm kind of meh on the Mario + Rabbids sequel reveal, sure the first game was fun but at this point the only Ubisoft thing I care about is Rocksmith which went on hiatus in April 2020.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Losermagnet

Cool about Mario and Rabbids 2. I'm also happy about Elden Ring getting a release date (and that it'll be on PS4). I'm going into this e3 with very low energy. I've unintentionally avoided all hype and leaks so I have no preconceived notions. I do recall the "Switch Pro" gaining traction...anything else y'all are excited for?

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jedgamesguy

@VIIIAxel I didn't even believe in the rumours; I never do. So it was a very pleasant surprise to see that appear seemingly out of the blue today. I like many others have absolutely no idea if Nintendo has as many surprises as we are predicting but I'm very much of the opinion that Nintendo have the potential to give us the best content, if even half of these rumours are to be believed.

Square's also has the chance to steal the show but a lot of their projects could miss the show. FFXVI for instance, I heavily doubt that'll be shown. I don't know about the second part of FF7:R, but I also doubt Dragon Quest XII will be shown. Intergrade added a new ending cutscene so that could be interpreted as a teaser.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic