Forums

Topic: Do you think it would be better for Nintendo to reveal the NX before E3 or at E3?

Posts 101 to 120 of 138

skywake

@WebHead @Therad:
I think I should make it clear that I never said anything about the NX or Nintendo in general pushing for 4K. I didn't even say that the PS5/XBOne+ would be 4K ready. All I said was that there's not a lot of efficiency gains to be had tinkering with RAM/CPU because it's the GPU holding them back. Something that wasn't the case for the 360 where it was being held back on every front. That was when @Therad said that for 1080p even the PS4 is about at the limit. Hence where the 4K discussion came about.

I think that 4K is only a couple of years away from being the standard. The thing you get by default when you buy a new TV whether you want it or not. We're also only a couple of years away from the hardware being cheap enough for 4K at 30fps in consoles. As for power consumption, well there's no problem there either. A full system with a 970 in it will use about the same amount of power as the original 360 did. Only slightly more than the PS4. In a couple of years that spec will only get more power efficient.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

WebHead

Realistically I'd expect the console GPU to be on par with a GTX 750 Ti or a Radeon 360.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

@skywake: um...when you pair a 750 Ti with 8GB of ram with a decent cpu it can run just about any steam game at 1080 on medium with ease.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

skywake

WebHead wrote:

@skywake: um...when you pair a 750 Ti with 8GB of ram with a decent cpu it can run just about any steam game at 1080 on medium with ease.

Yup, playable framerates at 1080p with medium settings. So as I said, slightly under the PS4

WebHead

@skywake: that setup with a core i5-4460 trounced PS4.

Anyway as said, E3 if 2017, Q1 2016 direct if 2016.

WebHead

Smash_kirby

@WebHead: Actually it would make more sense to use chipset akin to a 950, it is the next level in the x50 line but with great power consumption and Graphical power closer to the 900 series, and for most of the games ran on it look better and run better than console alternatives.

Smash_kirby

WebHead

@Smash_kirby: fair enough. Though since NX is most likely AMD-based itd be more Radeon R7 370.

WebHead

dumedum

Nintendriat wrote:

dumedum wrote:

If NX is really Wii U's successor and it releases soon, I fear Nintendo will really be doomed this time. Unless that Mobile stuff takes off.

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it." This is just the Dreamcast after Saturn. Nintendo has to figure this out because it looks just like that and it will be a complete waste.

I hope I'm wrong but the Wii U platform is great, it has so many games, the amiibo, everything, critically acclaimed exclusive games... just focus on Wii U. Delay any thoughts of successors way into the future. Cancel all these stupid NX plans. I wouldn't release a successor before 2018 or 2019 even.

I'm not against what you said but why does the wii u (worst selling nintendo console) need a longer life span than the wii (best selling nintendo console) 2019 is far fetched 2018 is okay I guess but I think that 2017 is perfect that would be 5 years which is the average life span for a nintendo console

You're right! It doesn't. The Wii's short lifespan was also a HUGE mistake. They could have made additional Skyward Swords like experiences and additional SMG experiences and so forth. Them dropping the support so suddenly was really sad, it still had life in it. The consequences were releasing the Wii U prematurely which went horribly wrong, and the PS3/360 actually managing to almost gain on the Wii's numbers, where in the past Wii had more than the two combined. "Tragic", and yet they want to repeat mistakes yet again shooting themselves in the foot.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Vinny

Every major console/portable since the DS was unveiled at an E3. I think it's very appropriate, it's halfway trough the year and on an event that attracts a lot of attention and hype.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Grumblevolcano

@dumedum: Rumours are pointing towards Microsoft releasing a new Xbox One model in 2016 to compete with Apple TV, NX is doomed if those rumours are true as well as the NX releasing in 2016 ones.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shinion

@Grumblevolcano: 'NX is doomed'

Geez already? When is it Nintendo's turn? Why is that word so overused in this place?

Shinion

WebHead

@TheLastLugia: I do think we will see a 4K ready xbone slim next year for $300. Don't mean NX is doomed.

WebHead

Shinion

@WebHead: getting away from overused buzzwords for a second and talking about the subject matter at hand I have to say this is the first I've heard of this. I assume it's stil a rumour, like 99.9% of the stuff discussed here? Kinda why I stay away from this and all other NX threads. What evidence is there that Microsoft will sell a 4K console for $300 in 2016? There are many problems I see with that claim, safe to say it is jumping the gun in the extreme to bandwagon the 'NX doomed' brigade of the back of this.

Shinion

TuVictus

The xbox, if remodeled, needs to focus on being less of a giant black brick, lol

TuVictus

zool

If you keep announcements a tight secret then that announcement better be good, other wise there will be a lot of disgruntled gamers.

On the other hand if your announcement is not going to be that good (like the Minecraft announcement) then it is better to give the gamers some idea what it's all about so that they don't expect to much.

Edited on by zool

zool

skywake

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't following this thread at all. But I noticed this post and was kinda confused....

WebHead wrote:

@skywake: that setup with a core i5-4460 trounced PS4

1. I never mentioned CPUs because most console games are GPU bound
2. That setup with an i5 would still be marginally slower than a PS4, because it'd be GPU bound
3. As someone who effectively has an i5-4460. The only game I have that really uses it is Cities Skylines

Octane

@Whitewatermoose: PS4 got a tech demo at E3 2012, and we knew about the Xbox One as early as 2011. If they revealed the NX in a similar way to how the PS4 and Xbox One were revealed, we would've known a lot more about it already.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.