Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,221

Commandervide0

@Sunsy I’ve been having the same problem for about two months now. I keep having to redownload it every two or three days. I think blueocean has been having the same problem too. Hopefully gameloft fix it.

Commandervide0

Banjo-

Sunsy wrote:

Question, anyone else getting a "game closes" error when the game starts up? So far the only way to fix it is to just redownload the game again, I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the game starting up.

Usually after redownloading, I can play it, but I shouldn't need to redownload the game.

Yes. It is so annoying. I just realised the game is installed on the SD card, what about you? Just trying to figure it out.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/asphalt_9...

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Qu0te @CurryPowderKeg79 Same problem here, do you have the game on the SD card? I don't think that it really matters, just curious.

Banjo-

CurryPowderKeg79

Yea i've got it on my SD card @BlueOcean.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Sunsy

@CurryPowderKeg79 @Qu0te @BlueOcean Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this bug then, really hope they fix it.

Yes, BlueOcean, I have the game on an SD card.

On a brighter side of things, managed to star up several cars including my favorite one I maxed out.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Banjo-

Next time that this happens, I'm going to install the game on the internal memory and see what happens.

Banjo-

Commandervide0

Mine is on the SD card. Not sure how you go about putting the game on internal memory though.

Commandervide0

Banjo-

@Qu0te Next time I get this error I am going to delete the software, remove the SD card and download again (this is how you could have it on the internal memory). Curry, Sunsy, you and I have the game on the SD card and I want to try internal memory and see if it avoids the issue. It might change nothing but it's worth trying.

Banjo-

Daniel36

I never had this error and I have Asphalt on internal. So perhaps that is the problem? I'd definitely advise you guys to try and install it internally. It's a big game, but it isn't HUGE. If Asphalt is the only game you'll install internally, you'll be fine.

I enjoyed that first day of the Koenigsegg event. Mad cash and tokens. But then day 2 and 3 were really dry. I definitely made that Rush in the Rush MP, up to Platinum, but then from Platinum to Legend is pretty much impossible with my current car selection. Still, I enjoyed this week's MP. It's easy to score club points.

Edited on by Daniel36

Daniel36

komodo182

@Daniel36 Today's stage is another slipstream one. Not sure how I feel about them myself.
As for stage 2, great way to get some money and blueprints using your mercedes.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Daniel36

@komodo182 Yeah, I am not a fan of the slipstream mechanic. It definitely gives the game an entirely different vibe, and you really have to rethink your strategies, but all in all I am not a fan.

I did really like the Unbreakable races. Those were fun. Especially those rare moments where you were able to push someone into a wall... Or get pushed into one yourself. That was pretty epic.

Daniel36

bluedogrulez

What is up with those DS e-Tense electric cars?!? Lowly D-ranked and yet they are blasting apart my 2700+ SCG if I ever get caught in a pack of them in Multiplayer. Regret not focusing on staring mine up.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

C-Chakra

I'm diggin' the special events. Pretty awesome, lots of tokens and blueprints on offer... Not so much with the scoring system though, I really hope that it's only temporary.

As far as I can tell it's a set scoring system at the moment and you only lose points for coming last (2 points), and no change for second last. So basically, anyone can reach Legend as long as they continuously grind it out. Having good cars and having skill dosen't mean much it just gets you there faster. lol, I predict the top players will end up with around 10k points by the end of the season.

But at least it's good for getting a heap of rep points, as there is really no risk in using your lowest rank cars with this scoring.. good for rep and coins, but a total snoozefest. I hope it's back to normal next week.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

Daniel36

@C-Chakra Well, yes, but actually no... Grinding is all fine and games, but at one point you will run into high rated cars and you will really only get 2 points at max, and at 3000 points for Legend, all the grinding in the world won't save me.

I was lucky that at the first day, I almost exclusively ran into lowly ranked cars, and the ranking system this season doesn't place you last if you have the most points, so sometimes I was even placed first and drove off into the horizon. So I got into Platinum really fast, but after that it totally dried up.

That's okay though, I have been running those 80K plus mad Token runs with the Koenigsegg. I am thinking of saving up 1500 tokens to get 2 10-packs in one go just for the fun of it.

@bluedogrulez - The ranking system isn't the most accurate tool to define a best car. I've noticed that a 2200 A car can easily outclass a 2700 C car, but then this can also happen the other way around. I am guessing the rank is based on much more than simply top speed and handling. Can't say exactly what it is based on, but yeah, a lowly classed car, especially in the hands of a good player, can win from higher classed cars.

The DS e-Tense isn't a great car in the early stages of upgrading, but once maxed out it's quite a nice car to drive.

Daniel36

C-Chakra

Well, I hit Legend from 0 today. Never felt like I was competing against anything but my own free time. Without there being a penalty for racing badly, it's just a pointless grind. I'll see how it goes for another week but if this scoring system is here to stay i'm fairly sure i'll be calling it quits. A real shame though because I really enjoy the game and hanging out with the crew.

They need to calculate scoring based on season points and car ranks. That way people who don't have good cars who beat those who have paid to win can still be top players because they are good.

people at the top need to be there because they are skilled not because they spend their life on the game nor spend a rediculous amount of cash. I just don't see the point in "competing" in a game that doesn't reward skill. The old system wasn't great but at least it was closer to it than this one. When I come third last against people I should have beaten I expect to get penalised for it. This game could be a really great esport game if they made a good scoring system. Big leap backwards from that.

Edited on by C-Chakra

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

Banjo-

I reached Gold the first day I played multiplayer and this season I'm stuck in Bronze. The cars that you own, the upgrades you have unlocked and the cars that you're allowed to use are the most defining thing in this game. Nevertheless, it's fun.

Banjo-

Daniel36

C-Chakra wrote:

I'll see how it goes for another week but if this scoring system is here to stay i'm fairly sure i'll be calling it quits. A real shame though because I really enjoy the game and hanging out with the crew.

It won't be. It has everything to do with the type of season it is. Much like the slipstream mechanic was only in there for one week, this scoring system will be in there for one week. Maybe it will resurface in a couple of months, for a week, but then it's back to business as usual for every other season.

And they do calculate scoring based on your opponents. I've gotten rewarded over 100 points once in a race where I ended up first with a clearly inferior car. And there were times were I only raced against 1 person, won, and I only ended up with 7 points because I had a much better car.

And I guess there is grind in there, but I suppose that would be the same in professional racing. There are F1 teams who have clearly better cars than other teams, simply because they pour more money in them. Not much difference here. If you spend a lot of time in the game, you will get more cash (which you can also buy of course), and at the same time you become a better racer. Sounds exactly like professional racing to me.

Daniel36

Sunsy

@BlueOcean Same here, on average I usually reach Silver or Gold for multiplayer (depending on how much I play during the week) and the only fastest car I have for it is the D-Tense too. I have a habit with F2P games to save in-game currency earned for stuff I want, so I don't see the D-Tense or the other cars going up anytime soon as I'm careful with spending it. Kind of want to save them to unlock new cars, or holiday themed packs.

@Daniel36 If the error happens again, I think I will try putting the game onto system memory and seeing what happens. Might be a good thing since I'm thinking about clearing up some space from the SD card, even archiving a few games I don't play as much.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic