Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,221

bluedogrulez

@Sunsy : Ha! I was bummed that Tribe Called Red's R.E.D. might be gone but I heard it a few days later. Phew!
@komodo182: Always room for a returning S.E. L-E-G-E-N-D!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

komodo182

@bluedogrulez I can't see me having time for that anytime soon. The wife and I had our first child Aug 1st.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Sunsy

@bluedogrulez Yeah, I always think of "We're gonna be legends!" when I play this game. That song as well makes me think of Asphalt too.

@komodo182 Congrats to you and your wife!

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

Thinking of Asphalt's songs, call it a weird feeling, whenever I hear "Madness" on the menus, it always for some reason gives me a "I'm about to enter the final race" vibe. Though, this game is pretty much endless with the way stuff keeps getting added.

@komodo182 You're welcome!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bluedogrulez

@Sunsy: the (original) A9 music is as masterful as the game itself. Always gets me going and varied enough to never get repetitive. And after two years, finally discerning some of the less obvious lyrics ("hold it like a pickle"?!? LOL)

Sunsy

@bluedogrulez Indeed, the original soundtrack is great, honestly one of the songs kind of reminds me of the old DS version of NFS Carbon (don't ask which one, it's one of those things I would pick up on if I hear it). I'm still trying to figure out what songs were added or removed. I didn't know about the soundtrack change until I picked up and played it again (I've been playing on and off all year).

I did some of the Nintendo Switch anniversary events and got some cool rewards earlier this month. Feels like yesterday I pre-loaded the game onto my Switch.

Sunsy

Just a heads up, since I know we have VTuber fans on the forum, Asphalt 9 is having a Hololive event on Switch. Not only is there an event and skins, you can win a Miko and Luna emoticon, and the two VTubers will count down from 3, 2, 1.

I also play on PC in addition to Switch, this is on the PC version and I'm guessing other versions as well. Still letting Asphalt 9 players and VTuber fans here know.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This may be of interest @Blooper987 since I know you love Hololive.

@Kermit1 Hi there! Just thought I'd point to the forum's Asphalt 9 thread that's been around since before the start of the game. It's quiet now, but a bunch of us use to post Asphalt stuff, updates, and achievements to it.

Edited on by Sunsy

bluedogrulez

Unbelievably, I am still playing this game on a regular basis . . . anyone else?

Sunsy

@bluedogrulez Me too, actually, I've been playing the PC version on Steam alongside the Switch version (building up the car collection on PC). They finally added a new area on Switch, Greenland, via the Drive Syndicate event.

I'm glad I'm not the only one still playing, even if I did take some breaks here and there, but still stuck with it regularly. Been playing it mostly with the Joy-Con steering wheel, just for that arcade feel.

bluedogrulez

@Sunsy @Commandervide0 Nice! Glad to have some company.

The Greenland tracks remind me so much of the ice planet (Ando Prime) tracts and final volcano tract (Inferno?) in Star Wars E1 Racer. Nice addition (and more fun than the tight turns in Buenos Aires).

Edited on by bluedogrulez

Sunsy

@bluedogrulez Now you mention it, it does remind me of that course at times. I was racing through it, and it felt familiar, and I thought "this feels familiar." I did unlock the new car you get with the Drive Syndicate event, the Renault Dezir.

Speaking of Buenos Aires, I felt it was a really missed opportunity to use the course with the soccer field for the Soccer Day event. They used the track, but it was the one without the field.

Also on Switch, finally unlocked the Beast X yesterday.

Playing the PC version, I had a taste of Tuscany and Paris, and I hope they make it to the Switch version, it would be fun to zip around in them with the Joy-Con wheel. Nothing like speeding through GameLoft's HQ lobby on the Paris track, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic