Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,221

komodo182

@Darknyht awesome about your class b car! Not so good at your club.
@bluedogrulez congrats on getting internet back!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Dave666

They cost less than I expected only £13 in the U.K.

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

Dave666

I just got my first b class car today the Porsche 911 GTS

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

C-Chakra

@Dave666 Congratz man, and welcome the club.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

Daniel36

I am too lazy to scroll back to quote, but to those having difficulties playing the game with joy-con, any of the third party controllers will probably do.

I have two different ones, and while one has the no-steering issue that some of us are unlucky to experience, the other one works fine, and is definitely miles better than playing with the joy-con.

Daniel36

Darknyht

It's interesting, I haven't had any issues with the Joy-Con yet. Sadly, schedule didn't allow me to do much more than daily tasks yesterday and most likely will be similar today.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

komodo182

@Darknyht I find the joy cons awkward if you are playing for hours at a time.

Daniel36

Darknyht wrote:

It's interesting, I haven't had any issues with the Joy-Con yet. Sadly, schedule didn't allow me to do much more than daily tasks yesterday and most likely will be similar today.

Lucky you! It's not an issue with the Joy-Con only though. It's an issue with any controller, and apparently not everyone experiences the problem.

What happens is, at some points, seemingly randomly, steering becomes disabled. At first I thought it was a kind of reversed Joy-Con Drift issue, but when I played with a regular controller, I experienced the exact same thing, and I found people online who had the same issues.

Strangely, like I said, it doesn't seem to happen to everyone, and also not on every controller. I have another controller that doesn't have this issue, though yesterday it did react poorly in some parts, but that might have just been a bad wi-fi signal messing me up.

Still loving the game though! Did really well in that free Daily Event (the first one in the list) where you get that really fast car. Currently in the top 5%, so hopefully I will stay there for the rewards!

Daniel36

bluedogrulez

Daniel36 wrote:

Still loving the game though! Did really well in that free Daily Event (the first one in the list) where you get that really fast car. Currently in the top 5%, so hopefully I will stay there for the rewards!

Whoa, that's awesome. I've done 12 runs with the Lamborghini in that Daily Event and have only managed one sub-2:12:00 run, good for top 75% ugh. Wondering if anyone has any advice...particular about the branching paths....

Edited on by bluedogrulez

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Darknyht

@Daniel36 I haven't checked the past few days, but I was holding onto a 5% spot too. I got really lucky on a run as I was stuck in 50% prior to that.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

CTmatic

I got to Top 25%. For me, it’s about making sure your turbo boosts are used effectively and hitting ramps well to be turbo’ing throughout almost the entire race. In my opinion the route you take on the course is meaningless if you’re driving smart. @bluedogrulez

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

bluedogrulez

@CTmatic : Thanks for the advice (and congrats on Top 25%!). I was not sure what to make of the ramps because the AI seem to catch up when my car is in the air...but i guess filling that meter and the ensuing shockwave more than offset. (Also want no part of that dock route . . . SPLASH!!)

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

ThanosReXXX

@CTmatic Just to add my two cents: I'd say that learning to find and use those short cuts, in combination with perfectly timed turbo boosts and shock waves, is where it's at.

@bluedogrulez the trick to the "dock route" (I'm assuming you mean the San Francisco track), is timing your turbo boosts exactly before hitting a ramp, and then you'll be flying over the water and docks, and hitting all those short cuts and finishing in no time flat. And of course, like with every easy to learn, hard to master game (which this definitely is), the other "trick" is practice, practice, practice.

If you've already unlocked quick race, then you can practice every track that you've already unlocked offline. And even a couple others, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, and you can both steer/maneuver and boost your car in the air, even destroying opponents that try to one-up you in the middle of a jump. Doing a 360 in the air while they're trying to pass you, is also great fun. Or just ramming into them from behind with a shock wave, right when you hit a ramp...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

CTmatic

Very true.@ThanosReXXX

I guess I take this game a lot more casual, you’re right with what you said. I gotta try to make sure I still put some time in it, I been on Overwatch the past two nights and will be mostly tonight as well.

I’ll feel bad if I don’t carry some weight in my club, a good amount of people joined it from here. Last I checked, we only have a few spots left to be full at (20).

For anyone interested, you may have a chance to still join.

ThanosReXXX

@CTmatic Oh, mind you: I'm far from a pro as well. I try to get a few races in each evening, but sometimes, there's just other stuff to do, or I simply don't feel like playing a game, or this particular game, so we casual gamers do what we can to "git gud", right?

But I do have to mention that I've always had kind of a knack for racing games and beat em ups/fighting games, and I usually pick them up pretty quickly, most of the time, so that also helps.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

komodo182

@CTmatic I expect you to have 8,000 rep by morning

C-Chakra

Finally hit the top 5% on that daily run last night. Stoked! Hope I stay there, I want those rewards.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

CTmatic

::::Salutes:::: Sir, yes, sir. 😂.

I’m super hooked on Overwatch right now because of a timed Halloween Event. I’ll get back to it, may even do a few races tonight or tomorrow since I’m working from home and can sneak in some handheld playing while at my desk. 😉 @komodo182

CTmatic

I just logged in, calling all Siege Engine club members. 😉. We’re at 19 out of 20 now!

One more person and club capacity is in session. 🤘

Daniel36

bluedogrulez wrote:

Whoa, that's awesome. I've done 12 runs with the Lamborghini in that Daily Event and have only managed one sub-2:12:00 run, good for top 75% ugh. Wondering if anyone has any advice...particular about the branching paths....

Well... I might regret this if I end up leaving the top 5%, haha, but sure, I'll give you some pointers.

First off, filling up your turbo to get a shockwave and only using shockwave isn't a good strategy for fast times. It entirely depends on the situation.

For me, it's a bit like this:

• Long stretches of road are when you use your basic yellow boost
  • Plenty of turbo left? Go red for a little bit
  • When you hit a barrel ramp while already turboing is also a good moment to go red
  • Blue? Maybe when you are hitting that final stretch. Or when you get to a barrel ramp before turbo
  • Shockwave? Really only when there's a ton of opponents around, or when you can time it right before a barrel ramp

I find that the yellow turbo has been the one I use most frequently, with bursts of red, especially on short stretches. This is because you can instantly cancel your turbo by using the breaks to go into a drift, which then refills your bar so you can go again.

Any other pointers? In regular matches your opponents break easily, and it's best to ram them into a wall. This is usually already enough to destroy them, and when it isn't, using the double B 360 often results in you not making that 360, therefore not losing much speed, while still giving you that small nitro bar boost you can use.

Hope this helps. In that Daily Race I take all the barrel jumps I can. Don't look at the speed of the opponents, because I think they are artificially driving, going faster when you are and slower when you are.

Daniel36

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic