Forums

Topic: Am I the only one worried about post-2020 Nintendo?

Posts 41 to 60 of 121

rockodoodle

BlueOcean wrote:

@link3710 Yeah I completely agree with your comments.

@spiderman0616 It's very solid because it's bare-bones 😁.

@rockodoodle Hmm, I'm not sure. It still has to reach 3DS which is 16 million higher.

3ds has been around nine years. Switch is three years and four months old.

rockodoodle

Anti-Matter

@BlueOcean
"That's why I like Nintendo and Microsoft because they usually make more "gamey" games."

Pardon me but i think there was something about Microsoft.
Microsoft have never created Animal Crossing style games on Xbox.
Microsoft have never created Girlie / Fashion games like Style Savvy for Xbox.
Microst have never created more kids / family friendly games after Kinect.
Microsoft keep providing more Forza, more fps games, more gritty adult games.
Microsoft only depend on 3rd party kids games (LEGO, Cartoon Network, Crash Bandicoot, etc) to keep the kids satisfied.
At this point, i wonder if Microsoft only care with adult male gamers that really adore realistic car driving games, fps games, gritty adult games without even care anymore with kids and casual gamers for Xbox Series X presentation next 23 July 2020.
I found Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Astro Playroom from PS5 presentation, added by Planet Coaster for PS5 from another trailer.
But what will i get from Xbox Series X ?
As i remembered there was Ooblets for Microsoft (PC or Steam or Xbox One, i didn't really remember) but that 1 title wasn't enough to justify an Xbox Series X for me.

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

@rockodoodle Right but you said passing the DS which sold 155 million.

Banjo-

BlackKnight93

You honestly should be worried about Nintendo having a future at all. With all the hate that is spreading around their games, new and all that they are, the name Nintendo might disappear from the face of the Earth very soon.

BlackKnight93

Grumblevolcano

@Dark_Magician It would probably be shut down like Pure Xbox was in 2016. Really doubt Nintendo would ever get to the point that would happen to Nintendo Life though.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

3Jack

I think we're at the stage in the life cycle of the Switch where things are going to start calming down, with less major released compared to the past few years. That being said, I think there's still some great games that will come out and I don't see Nintendo sliding down more than expected at least for this generation.

3Jack

Anti-Matter

BlackKnight93 wrote:

You honestly should be worried about Nintendo having a future at all. With all the hate that is spreading around their games, new and all that they are, the name Nintendo might disappear from the face of the Earth very soon.

Listen.
There will always be love and hate toward Nintendo games.
Nintendo games are NOT Holy / Sacred things created by God, so peoples might like or dislike Nintendo games due to matter of taste.

What are you expecting from this?
A 100% LOVE from All peoples in the world with glory and gospel, keep saying "Hallelujah, hail to the almighty Nintendo games!" ?
That's a delusive expectation.
And what is the implication to you ?
Will it hurt your stomach / your head everytime you see peoples don't like Nintendo games ?
Get a life, dude !
We have told you so many times about being happy with Nintendo games.

Maybe i should tell to moderator about your behavior recently by keep posting vague topic threads just only to show your lamentation and grief all the time.
Your lamentation will NOT make Nintendo games being loved 100%, so get some Nintendo games, play with them, be happy and stop lamenting again.

Got it ?!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

rockodoodle wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

@rockodoodle Right but you said passing the DS which sold 155 million.

I thought it was 105 million

No problem. That's why I think it's plausible that Switch passes 3DS but not DS if we don't count Switch's successor (whatever that will be called) as the same console.

Banjo-

MarioBrickLayer

there was talk a few years back about how much cash Nintendo have, they have BILLIONS! they made so much money on the Wii, they won't have cash flow issues for years...this article said 2 years ago that they could lose money every year until 2052 and still not have a problem.

https://www.tvovermind.com/nintendo-has-a-ton-of-money/

MarioBrickLayer

rockodoodle

I am not worried about Nintendo's future as much as I am curious. As mentioned above, even if Nintendo flounders for the remainder of this generation and next generation, they can wait out the storm until they figure it out.

My question is how are they going to compete with and address subscription gaming. I don't have any interest in Stadia, but Gamepass and even Apple Arcade look pretty cool to at least try out.

I think the risk is that if other services become compelling enough, Nintendo can end up in essentially the same position as it was with the WiiU....pretty much a first party machine. And no secondary device to back it up.

I think they should partner with some developers like Apple did. Release about 50 games including some of their own IP- maybe five older games. Then once a week release a game or two. Then release a Nintendo exclusive once a quarter to every other month.

rockodoodle

Banjo-

@rockodoodle Same here. I am not worried about Nintendo because, unlike myself, they swim in money and act just like Uncle Scrooge. I am just curious about what they're going to do when next generation arrives later this year. How the heck is Switch going to run next-gen 3D games? With their poor online services and seeing how stingy the Virtual Console (NES and SNES applications) on Switch is, it's going to be all about the first-party games even more than now. Yes, we got last-gen ports and even current-gen ports on Switch but if it is hard to run The Witcher 3, Doom and Wolfenstein 2 on Switch, imagine a Series X game. I don't see Nintendo providing a solid subscription or streaming service on Switch.

Banjo-

TheAwesomeBowser

Honestly?

You have every right to be worried. They have absolute zilch after Paper Mario. If they don't say something soon, they're chances of competing with next-gen are slim to none.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Don

@Grumblevolcano
Nintendolife started as VCreviews I think. The Pushsquare and PureXbox sites came later. If I’m not mistaken the site started as a review for Nintendo’s virtual console games. I would be surprised if they end Nintendolife.

Don

Don

@MarioBrickLayer
I’ll keep that in mind next time their stock is down a lot lol.

Don

SKTTR

Nintendo is doing very well. So far there's no difference in their quality/quantity output compared to 2019 and 2018 as is evident by this:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/a_list_of...

Every week there are around 40 new games on the eShop, like usual, as is evident by this:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/nintendo_...

And Nintendo themselves so far released 15 Switch games in 2020.
How many games have Sony and Microsoft released this year? (You don't need to answer, I gave up to care decades ago.)

Anyway, more exclusive new Switch games will be announced later this year, as part of the covid delays and as an even bigger part to strategically take away sales from launching rival consoles.

I for one am glad that all the big hitters (except Metroid) are out now. That means we can speculate about other great Nintendo IPs like Pikmin, Chibi-Robo, Rhythm Paradise, Excite Bike/Truck, F-ZERO, Starfox, MOTHER, Endless Ocean, Wave Race / 1080°, etc.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Artonide

I can just say that im not worried. Nintendo is pushing out their games in a fair tempo, 3rd Party AAA support is ok, a big variety of Indie games are flowing in.. dk country on the way next week. Im just hoping for small tweaks like a better online infrastructure solution and the presence of n64 games and more good snes games. One thing is sure, the switch has made me Get rid of xbox and PS, and forget ps5 and xboxX. Switch + iPad is my cup of tea for years to come.

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

Dpullam

I am not too worried about it myself. My heart doesn't belong solely to Nintendo, and I am glad to be the type of person who enjoys having more than one console from each generation in order to fill in the gaps from the games I wouldn't want to miss out on with a rival company's system. I will be getting the Xbox Series X myself, assuming the rumored July conference impresses.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic