Forums

Topic: What N.F.L Team You Rolling With This Year And How They Going To Do.

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 4,052

Pizzamorg

A pretty ugly game overall and a fairly unceremonious end for the Bengals, but I think there were enough controversial calls even without it going to some OT weirdness. I'm glad it had a definitive end, happy for the Rams. It's gonna be an interesting off season for them, they basically played their entire hand to win the Super Bowl and potentially a bunch of stars are going to enter free agency/retire. Some people seem to think this is the start of a dynasty, but it could just as much be a start of a rebuild with not a lot of resource to use.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Xyphon22

Yeah, I was mostly rooting for the Rams because of Stafford. I'm glad for him after all he had to deal with in Detroit. My favorite part, though, was Collinsworth afterwards calling that last drive probably the most memorable in Super Bowl history, considering he was on the wrong end watching from the sidelines two of the other drives right at the top of that list. Poor Bengals can't catch a break, just sad it wasn't my Niners doing it to them for a third time.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NintendoByNature

Great game. Kept my interest down to the last minute. Some crazy officiating could've ruined the game depending on what side you were on though. It was nice to see Stafford get the ring. He deserves it as does Donald. The Bengals will be a force for years to come, so there's still time for them.

NintendoByNature

Pizzamorg

I think we're going to be in a very different place in a year's time, personally.

I think the Bengals have promise on offence, but they basically need an entire new Oline and some defensive stars. Let us say they get that on the off season and it clicks and gels, do we really think even with that, they get through Titans, Bills, Chiefs and Pats again, who are all going to make improvements as well?

I just think their conference is too stacked, especially given that due to other factors, a bunch of other big names like the Ravens, Chargers etc were taken out of the picture too, teams like the Browns or the Broncos might be getting new veteran QBs next season etc Like for sure, I think the Bengals have the chance to make the Wild Card again, but I really think this was the peak of the Mountain for them, a perfect storm, a parting of seas, got them to the SB this year that I just don't think will be replicated again next season.

As far the Rams, I think they are in a interesting position. I guess time will tell as to whether this win lights a fire, or blows it out. They have so many stars entering free agency or facing retirement, who could just decide to pack it in now they've got their ring. This puts the Rams in a real nightmare of a position, given the lack of 1st round picks and the lack of cap space. Even if players do decide to stick around, the amount of contract reshuffling they'll need to do, I just don't know whether they can hold onto everyone. And do they even want to hold onto everyone, regardless? OBJ is a 29 year old wide receiver, with seemingly a weakened knee based on the injury reports. When you have so little resource, are players like him simply too much of a gamble?

Tasuki

It's that time of the year again!!! Bears had their first preseason game against the Chiefs and won, though I don't put my stock in preseason games.

I am not expecting much from the Bears this year since they are in a rebuild phase with a new coach and GM to boot. I know three of our starting WR are out on injury two of them indefinitely. Still this is going to be an exciting year especially with alot of players retiring last year.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

blindsquirrel

Can’t wait for my cardinals to go 7-0 and then proceed to lose every other game.
Joking aside I can’t wait until week 1.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

NintendoByNature

Probably won't be doing fantasy this year as it causes more frustration than enjoyment. So I'll just watch casually where I can, and hope the vikings make a decent run, which I'm not expecting at all. The only shot they have is that the NFC north is garbage this year.

NintendoByNature

Nancyboy

Bills, baby. Been a fan for 40 years. Realistic chance for a Super Bowl win. The AFC is loaded, though.

Nancyboy

Tasuki

Well, my Bears pulled off the win today. I was surprised that the Niners didn't use Garoppolo but it's still early in the season. Fields looked better then last year but we will see how he does against the Packers next week.

My Backlog

Xyphon22

Yeah, not a good start to the Trey Lance era. I hope he's not another Kaepernick who could throw the ball 70 yards but not 7. But he is essentially a rookie, so he's got time, and we were without our biggest weapon and best bailout guy in Kittle, so whenever he comes back should help a lot.

Xyphon22

Tasuki

What a disappointing season. The best thing is we got the first draft pick with the Texans winning but honestly I have no idea what the ***** my team is doing. They got a new HC and GM and they get last place. Unbelievable. The only thing I can say is Justin Feilds looked better this year but I don't know what the hell the rest of the team was doing.

Well, guess who we will see who our HC will be next year here soon.

My Backlog

blindsquirrel

If Arizona doesn’t fire Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsbury, then I have no faith they will ever get better. We have a terrible culture and coaching staff. A quarterback making 230 million per year, who is more interested in playing CoD than watching film. Hopefully the team can get its act together, but I have no faith in them. Although drafting Will Anderson would be a good start. We need someone to replace Watt.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

ChameleonBros

As a Vikings fan.....the ending of that wildcard game was just yet another vikes yikes. Defense was horrible and a problem all season, and despite Kirk playing well most of the game, he just always chokes in big moments and that was an all-time bad decision to do a checkdown with the season on the line (whether it was all him or combo of him and offensive coordinator, not sure). Giants also just played very well in all facets and were well coached- not many penalties and no turnovers so gotta give them credit.

This weekend's slate of divisional games should be pretty good. Who you all want and/or got winning? I'm personally pulling for Buffalo, Jacksonville or Bengals to win it all; basically no NFC teams. As far as who wins though, I think KC wins, Bengals-Bills is a toss up, Giants-Eagles is a toss-up, and SF winning big.

Edited on by ChameleonBros

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

Xyphon22

@ChameleonBros As a Niners fan, I hope you're right. I was so mad when the Vikings lost. The Niners went from having the best possible outcome in the first round (getting to play the Seahawks) to having the worst in the second round (having to play the Cowboys). No offense, but I would much rather be playing the Vikings, and I guess they showed why against the Giants. So I'm hoping we can have a fairly smooth ride to the Super Bowl, and that the Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals beat each other up so whoever makes it will be worse for wear when they get there.

Xyphon22

ChameleonBros

@Xyphon22 I think SF learns from miscues of the wildcard win, and Dak is quite a hit or miss QB in my opinion, coupled with SF defense showing why they were tops in the regular season.

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

nomither6

@ChameleonBros the cowboys aint beating the niners , youre right dak is hit or miss & elliot played like ***** last game

nomither6

Pizzamorg

I kinda looked at this weekend as the two underdog games and the two coin flip games, but after taking time to reflect, I dunno whether that is true anymore.

Daboll and Pederson are agents of chaos, just looking at their match ups this weekend as matches of personnel discounts just how well coached both of these teams are, and I feel like this season has kinda ended the argument between talent and coaching. We've watched this year as stars have gone to new teams, but made very little impact in poorly ran schemes. While we've seen teams like the Giants make it to the Divisional Round with players that might all be generic create a superstar templates from Madden and not real people.

I'd be really shocked if both the Jags and the Giants go out here. Neither are underdogs to me. Especially when it comes to the Eagles, that Eagles week 18 game was very shaky, Hurts might still be hurt and I just think with the form the Giants are on, there is no way they lose three times to the same team.

The Chiefs game is probably more likely in the Chiefs favour, they have the Mahomes factor and their D has stepped up big this year, but I fully expect the Jags to go in there swinging, and I fully expect Pederson and his staff to give Mahomes a really bad day, even if the Chiefs win in the end.

In terms of the other games, I was pulling for Bengals over Bills because the Bills have played some really sloppy football all season. It almost caught up to them last week with the Skylar Thompson led Dolphins, so I dunno why the Bengals cannot punish the Bills and take them out here. Then the news came that three of the Bengal's OL starters would either be out, or playing injured, and I felt less confident in my prediction. The Bills spent a lot trying to improve their pass rush, the only thing that really worked was Miller and he is out, but I still think this really tips the game in the Bill's favour.

For the Niners, I think they probably beat the Cowboys pretty comfortably, the only scenario I see where this doesn't go in their favour is if Purdy being a rookie catches up to him at the worst moment, or one of his weapons gets hurt. Because Purdy wasn't great in that Hawks game, he was very much carried by the pieces around him, and that seems like hell of a rickety bridge to rest your hopes and dreams on.

Xyphon22

Well it wasn't pretty, but at least the Niners pulled it out in the end. I don't think we have much of a chance against the Eagles, though. Our pass rush has been non-existent in both playoff games, and we have always had a lot of trouble with mobile quarterbacks who can run. Unless both lines drastically step it up, this could unfortunately look similar to the Eagles-Giants game. At least I also like the Eagles.

Xyphon22

Tasuki

Damn, I feel bad for Niners fans, this was just a massacre. They did so well this year and the game that matters the most they just fall apart.

My Backlog

Pizzamorg

While it is always brutal to be knocked out of the playoffs, and if you looked at it on paper, all the favourites really went through in every round, I feel like almost every team has gone out in absolutely brutal fashion this year. No heroic step ups to go out with all you can give swinging, it just feels like a chain of collapses.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic