Forums

Topic: What N.F.L Team You Rolling With This Year And How They Going To Do.

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 4,052

NintendoByNature

Nice showing by the chiefs. I have hill on my fantasy team and thankfully, he's keeping me in the game this week.

How off topic would it be if we also tossed out fantasy questions in here? I doubt the mods would care all that much but let me know. I'd sure love to bounce ideas off people each week.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki it's not so hard really. Beginning of the year you draft guys who you think will be good. Typically a lineup consists of 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1 flex( rb or wr), a D/special team's, and a kicker. You also have 5 or so bench spots with miscellaneous players. Each week you set the lineup that you believe will do best and in most cases, you go up against another guy who's also doing the same. It's good fun when you're watching a game and have a few players Involvee in the game.

NintendoByNature

Pizzamorg

I’ve been using this basically as a general NFL thread, as we don’t have one. The Mods haven’t said anything, so I don’t see why you can’t talk about fantasy here. Unless the Mods want a dedicated NFL General thread.

Talking about the NFL, despite best attempts to build hype, that “Brady returns” game went about how you’d expect with the Bucs being battered and the Pats being a work in progress. This was the kind of game Gamepass’s “Game in 40” is made for. Sitting through the full three hours was pretty painful.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Xyphon22

Unfortunately I allowed myself to believe in the hype all the "experts" were giving to the 49ers going into the year. But they have looked pretty bad so far. Managed to eke out two games against bad teams, and then didn't really look that competitive against two good teams (don't have any idea how they were beating the Packers with 37 seconds to go if you actually watched the game). And now Jimmy G is hurt, so this season could go downhill fast unless Lance suddenly hits his potential really quick.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Pizzamorg

We’ve had a few teams this year getting a strong start entirely due to scheduling and then getting found out immediately as soon as they face a “proper opponent’. I wonder if the Raiders will join the 49ers and Broncos this weekend.

Xyphon22

I've always hated the Raiders, but I'm from Vegas so I can't decide if I need to like them now. They'll at least always be behind my Niners. I like Carr, though, so I guess I can root for them.

Xyphon22

NintendoByNature

Yea you can never trust the experts on who will be good, unless they're a team that clearly has it( i.e. been to the super bowl, afc/nfc championship game). I've never been high on the niners in the garrapolo Era. He's ok, but he's not a top 10 qb, maybe not even top 15. It's sad too bc they have a lot of weapons on that team. My vikings bug the crap out of me. A team with alot of talent doing nothing.

NintendoByNature

Pizzamorg

There we go, add the Raiders to the list as well. This is why people tell you the early parts of a season don’t matter. A bunch of teams went into this week with a statistically strong start, but it was almost entirely due to scheduling. Basically none of those teams delivered this week when faced against “proper” opponents.

From now we should start seeing the proper picture of what this season is going to end up looking like.

Oh and while the Raiders were rubbish, that is no knock on Herbert, who is legitimately great. The Bolts are looking very strong this season, maybe not as much on defence but their offence looks real sharp.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Tasuki

So going forward Fields is now our starter. So now I am wondering how serious Dalton's injury is.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Pizzamorg

Man, rough going for Smith to throw the interception that basically cost the Seahawks a game they could have won. But they were ultimately undone by poor game management and bad defensive plays. Was also surprising how much the game picked up in the last third or so, given the first two thirds were pretty much entirely skipable.

Rams have looked weirdly off since that Bucs game, some odd decisions and mistakes. They certainly looked better coming into the second half, but this seemed to be more down to the Seahawks defensive shortcomings rather than the Rams suddenly heating up.

Tasuki

A damn good good game today. I honestly thought the Lions were going to win up until that last drive. Great seeing the Bears finally getting a win.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Pizzamorg

Tasuki wrote:

A damn good good game today. I honestly thought the Lions were going to win up until that last drive. Great seeing the Bears finally getting a win.

Was that game good? I was gonna watch it in the hope of seeing the Lions finally win a game but chose to nap instead. Checked the score when I got up and assumed I could probably skip the game based on that.

Cowboys/Raiders seems like a better match up.

Tasuki

R.I.P. John Madden. Truly a legend in the business. Even if you're not a football fan you knew who John Madden was. Kinda makes me wonder what EA will call their NFL series now.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

Wow didn't even know that happened. Then again, I've been busy as hell today. Rip john!

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

I'm not an American football fan at all but just wanted to pass condolences to John Madden's family. Really powerful sporting icon and the face of a popular but now-somewhat dubious franchise. Rest in peace Coach.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

NintendoByNature

Lots of big changes around the league. My guy in Minnesota did too

NintendoByNature

Xyphon22

I'm just ecstatic the Niners are actually still going. I don't know how they pulled that off the way both the season and that last game against the Rams started. Hopefully our defense can step up against the Cowboys, but I doubt it.

Xyphon22

Pizzamorg

I was honestly heartbroken we won't get to see the Chargers in the playoffs. It is weird, because I think they're better than like half of the teams in the playoffs but clearly they aren't because they didn't make it. I guess at least we'll get at least two blow out games in the wildcard now, so that should at least be fun.

Although this season has been pretty weird, with this weekend being a great summary of it, seems like there are no such things as favourites. You imagine if Big Ben knocks the Chiefs out? Or Carr's constant checkdowns allows them to outscore the Bengals? Or the Eagles knock out Brady? Who knows, it could all happen.

Even though I expect the Steelers to get absolutely crushed, if Najee Harris gets to go off, then that will be cool too. Not as fun/cool as seeing Herbert slinging it, but I just gotta make my peace.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic