Forums

Topic: What N.F.L Team You Rolling With This Year And How They Going To Do.

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 4,052

Tasuki

Well the news gets better for Bear fans. I guess according to ESPN Dalton will be our starter that's why he agreed to the signing. Now the only thing that what are they going to do with Foles?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NintendoByNature

Eh, I mean it's just foles. I don't think it matters if he stays or goes. I read they brought in golladay though, which could be huge for them, and dalton with two solid weapons

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

I thought CHI was going to lose Robinson, but he signed the franchise tender, and they signed Golladay. Cole Kmet emerged in a small way last year, so not the worst receiving core for Dalton, though it was probably better in DAL last season. It’s probably still going to be frustrating for the fans though.

I think FAs are actually looking for that franchise tender, or a one year contract this offseason. Should be a lot more money to go around starting next league year.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tasuki

First week is in the books. I expected as much from my Bears because of their commitment to Dalton, which I feel is a big mistake. Hopefully now that they started Dalton next week they will start Fields.

My Backlog

Pizzamorg

Tasuki wrote:

First week is in the books. I expected as much from my Bears because of their commitment to Dalton, which I feel is a big mistake. Hopefully now that they started Dalton next week they will start Fields.

As a guy who is a football fan, but isn't specifically aligned with one team, I actually felt kinda sorry for Dalton. I don't think he played all that poorly, especially in the context of everything going on around him. I also think your QB almost doesn't matter right now when your defence looks that bad. Like maybe it was just week one weirdness, but if that is the quality of your defence this year, are you worried at all?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

MontyCircus

I follow the Deeeeeeetroit Lions each year until they're projected 95% or worse to be eliminated by the playoffs.

So far this year...after just 1 game played (and lost), they're already 93% likely to miss the playoffs. So, after their upcoming loss on Monday Night Football at Green Bay (they're 10.5 point underdogs) I'll just "see you next year" and focus on soccer and boxing. I have no interest in the NFL outside the Lions. Until the Super Bowl, but that's just an excuse to have some good eats, half-time show and funny commercials.

MontyCircus

NintendoByNature

My biggest takeaway from the first week was the packers getting stomped.

NintendoByNature

Pizzamorg

NintendoByNature wrote:

My biggest takeaway from the first week was the packers getting stomped.

Did Rodgers do it on purpose though?!?!

NintendoByNature

@Pizzamorg it was kind of wierd considering he's pretty much interception free and he threw a couple. However, he's still a huge competitor and I wouldn't think he'd do it on purpose. He's getting old in football years and he's only got a couple good ones left. I'm sure he wants another ring before he retires.

NintendoByNature

Magician

I'm looking forward to the Tom Brady Buccaneers repeating. I already know my Vikings will play .500-ball and miss the playoffs, because outside of Dalvin Cook (the best player on the team) they're tough to watch. I assume Patrick Mahomes will lead the Chiefs to a third straight Super Bowl appearance. And I'll enjoy seeing if Trevor Lawrence can keep his head above water in Jacksonville.

Last weekend was a pretty good start to the season so far.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Al_Godoy

Giants fan over here.

Not expecting a lot from them. Maybe 6 wins could keep me happy.

Al_Godoy

Tasuki

Well after a win against the Bengals last week, I am quite pleased with my team. This week Justin Fields will make his first NFL start so I am excited about that. LETS GO BEARS!!!!

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki did they already rule out Dalton? I didn't have much time today to listen to sports radio in Chicago, but I did hear they were optimistic he'd play. The big question is if they go back to Dalton if fields lights it up.

NintendoByNature

PSVR_lover

Cowboys, got a feeling this will be there year.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Yeah they announced that Fields is starting this Sunday but that was it. The only long term plans Nagy has said is that Dalton is the starter when he is better and that his injury is a week by week case. Nagy did say it wasn't Dalton's ACL

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki there ya have it. It'll be interesting to see how he performs after a full week of practice

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Yeah that was my biggest concern with making Dalton the starter is how healthy he can stay. It seems he can never get a break, no pun intended.

My Backlog

Pizzamorg

PSVR_lover wrote:

Cowboys, got a feeling this will be there year.

Man, the officiating in that Chargers game. Some of the worst I've seen. Absolutely baffling calls completely changed the direction of that game.

Tasuki wrote:

@NintendoByNature Yeah they announced that Fields is starting this Sunday but that was it. The only long term plans Nagy has said is that Dalton is the starter when he is better and that his injury is a week by week case. Nagy did say it wasn't Dalton's ACL

They looked at the rest of the league and went... the bar is so low, we play our rookie and it'll probably still not seem so bad.

Tasuki

Fields looked alot better this week then last week. I didn't watch the full game just bits n pieces on my breaks at work today but from what I saw he looked alot better.

My Backlog

Pizzamorg

Man, that Cowboys Panthers game was so fun. Kinda amazed it ended up as close as it did, with the Cowboys running wild in the 3rd quarter, but man, the Cowboys are just looking amazing this year. Both defence and offence, they just look like the real deal. Having more fun watching them than really any team right now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic