Forums

Topic: What N.F.L Team You Rolling With This Year And How They Going To Do.

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 4,052

NintendoByNature

@Magician yea they look good. Probably have enough to take down the rest of the league even with how young they are. Allen's been too hot right now.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

This will be an interesting off-season alot of teams are making big moves. The one team I am expecting big things from is the Jacksonville Jaguars they have a crazy amount of money to play with and the first draft pick to boot.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Bears just signed Andy Dalton. So now the question is who they going to let go Foles or Trubisky?

My Backlog

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - They’re flush at backup QB now, so they just need to pick any two to cut or trade and then find a starter. The salary cap went down due to the pandemic altering operations last season, so any team within range of the cap is going to have a hard time signing players. We probably won’t see a flurry of movement unless teams come up with trades, or cash strapped teams make shocking roster cuts who can then be signed by teams in better positions cap wise.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

Wow, bears are toast. Dalton used to be a serviceable qb, at times even flashed some greatness. But wow, they're done.

NintendoByNature

AnnoyingFrenzy

As a Packer fan, I'm having a great off-season. No specifics, but I just got a good feeling we'll win the division again this year. We're gonna go 13-3, smother whoever meets us in the Divisional round, and then on to our annual trouncing in the Championship game.

Xbox Live Username: Annoying Frenzy
Switch Status: Purchased!

Magician

Chicago is the team where quarterbacks go to die, lol.

A carousel of unreached expectation.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

bimmy-lee

From an outside (non fan) perspective, it seems like CHI should tank, fire Nagy and Pace, and look for a franchise QB early in next year’s draft assuming Wilson really isn’t getting traded and Watson eventually has what he believes to be better options as far as teams he’s willing to play for.

The problem is that Dalton is just a tad too good to fully tank, and they seem, at the moment, destined for the same 6-10 to 8-8 range that Trubisky and the Trubisky/Foles combo has given them, which doesn’t put them in position to find that QB stability in the draft.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tasuki

I have been a fan of Chicago since I was a kid and Quarterbacks have always been a problem. I have never understood their thinking when it comes to QBs it's one of the things that aggervates me as a Bears fan.

But I guess we are going with Foles and Dalton now as Trubisky has signed with Buffalo.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

I havent listened to espn1000(Chicago's station) today, but they're all pretty livid ever since the dalton signing.

NintendoByNature

Magician

@Tasuki

Could be worse, you could be up here in Minny stuck with Kirk Cousins for....years.

More years of sub-.500 football? Woohoo....yippee.

Cousins is making bank though, so good for him.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Xyphon22

@Magician As a 49ers fan, I was just really hoping the rumors of us wanting Cousins were not true. I don't think Jimmy G is spectacular, but he's better than Cousins, and he wins a lot when he plays. If we can stay healthy this year, hopefully we will have a good chance of being back in Super Bowl contention. I wouldn't mind a trade for Watson, though.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

bimmy-lee

I’ve never really been a Cousins believer, he’s okay and could probably be a SB champion on the perfect team, but MIN has been handicapped by the salary cap ever since they signed him.

His situation is what made me realize that a QB out performing their rookie contract is one of the biggest advantages in the NFL. He was valuable in WSH where he was cheap and the team could build around him a bit (or at least try), but he’s an albatross to MIN underperforming according to a bloated contract.

I kind of wish the league was a true, un capped meritocracy as it might help even out this kind of QB disparity. As it is, it just doesn’t seem like MIN can win a SB with him as their QB because they’re paying him so much to be QB that they can’t put a full team around him. It’s especially frustrating that there’s actually talent at some of the offensive skill positions, and that Zimmer doesn’t have a top end D to help out as that’s his area of expertise.

@Xyphon22 - I’ve been nervous about Watson going to SF as I think that would make them, easily, one of the most complete teams in the league. Watson, Mostert, Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle running Shanahan’s offense would be devastating.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

Whatever happened to the glory days of Seneca Wallace and Jake plummer?

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@Magician At least there's some logic behind your subpar football, Kirk Cousin's contract. With us (The Bears) it's just seems that nobody knows the concept of a franchise quarterback. Why are they paying all this money for older QBs who's time is up.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

I honestly don't even think cousins is all that bad. I'd say he's top 15, definitely top 20. Sure he can toss you 150yds with 0td and 2int at times, but then he can go off for 350+ and 4 tds the next week. His biggest problem is consistency. Then again, I'm bias, being a vikes fan lol

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - It’s really crazy because they should be leaning on Cook in every drive. A 15/20, 175 yds, a TD and a pick could be a winning stat line for Cousins if they were consistent w Cook.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea for sure. They really did lean on him last year, which was awesome to see. And I was worried having Diggs leave, but with Jefferson stepping up, it's like they didn't miss a beat.

Don't get me wrong, if we had a slightly better qb, I think it changes the entire vikings team.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, Jefferson was fantastic. It’s rare to move on from someone like Diggs & then replace him w someone so competent. Heck, Jefferson might end up being more useful. Diggs is great, but Jefferson was catching passes all over the field. Seems like he has a complete route tree already. From an outside perspective, it seemed like the D was a massive letdown for MIN last year. I know they lost a couple players, Rhodes was huge for my Steeds last season.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yep, that was their big problem, the d. Well see how the nfc north plays out this year. Alot of changes in that division.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic