Forums

Topic: What is your favorite things / moments during early 2000's era?

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Anti-Matter

I believe some of you have a blast time during early 2000's era. It could your best gaming experiences or best music experience or best cartoon series, anything.
Share your best moments that you have experienced or done during early 2000's era.

My favorite moments during early 2000's era were so many.
Back when i was 16 years old on year 2000, still a High School student.
From video gaming experiences, i have a blast with Monster Rancher 2 PS1 and Gali (Sun mask monster with floating cloak) was my favorite monster to breed because it has Inca style patterns on its cloak. I even tried to draw its pattern.
I played DDR 3rd Mix Arcade for first time on November 2003 after i got introduced DDR 3rd Mix PS1 from my cousin. From there i fell in love with playing DDR Arcade.
During early 2000's era, before we got PS2 on year 2002, i still remember my sibling likes to use Fat Chocobo for Chocobo Racing due to funny tricycle pedal sound. He has ever said "Nyit Nyit (He called Fat Chocobo as Nyit Nyit due to the sounds FX from its vehicle) Revenge is ready to blast on the next track! "

For music experiences, i was crazy in love with Vengaboys songs such as We Like to Party, Boom Boom Boom Boom, Up and Down, Kiss (When the Sun Don't Shine). I oftenly requested those songs to be played on my radio channel.

Anti-Matter

RR529

The early 2000's were really formative on my tastes as that was around my middle school years.

Gaming: First generation where I didn't have a Nintendo home console so was all in on our PS2. Got really into JRPGs at the time largely thanks to Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy X. I did have a GBA, but again mostly used it to play handheld variants of the series I was into on PS2, such as Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories & Final Fantasy IV. Needless to say I'm still a big fan of JRPGs.

Anime: Dragon Ball Z was all the rage at the time of course, but I was also really into InuYasha (as you can tell by my avatar) & Rurouni Kenshin. I also had "graduated" from Pokemon to the more "serious" Yu-Gi-Oh! at the time, cards and all. I still enjoy the ocassional anime, but can't be bothered to commit myself to any of the long running stuff, even though I'm sure I would have enjoyed My Hero Academia if I got into it younger. I'm more likely to follow a new anime if it's a reboot/spin-off/continuation of a series I liked as a kid, such as the currently airing YashaHime, a sequel to InuYasha I'm all in on.

Books: I loved to read back in school, and was really into the Redwall series (medieval fantasy with anthropomorphic rodents) at the time. I like to read but haven't really done any recently.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Heavyarms55

In the early 2000s I was carrying my GBA everywhere and playing games like Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars.

I still love those games too. Lol

In fact, I still play GBA.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tasuki

Due to the birth of my son in 2000 I had to change alot. No more did I have time for alot of stuff that I enjoyed like video games and Dungeon and Dragons or even hanging out with my friends like I use to. Most of the time I was working various jobs at various hours, sometimes 10 to 12 hours a day and at times I was away from home for weeks at a time.

Due to that that gen of gaming I don't know to well or have to many fond memories of. I did have a PS2 and GameCube but I didn't play them much. Most of my gaming memories was playing games like WWE Day of Reckoning, Curious George, and Cars with my son, he was young still so complex games really didn't interest him too much and alot of times I was just to tired to play games.

I was however really big into Anime then as I was able to watch stuff like Inuyasha, Case Close and Fullmetal Alchemist on Adult Swim. Even if I was away from home working I still would watch it in the hotel room at night. I would also buy mangas to read in the hotels and get bootlegged DVDs of various anime series to watch too, it's how I discovered Fushigi Yuugi, my favorite anime of all time.

So yeah thats mainly my memories of the 2000's. Basically I see that time as the time I went from being a kid to an adult.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Krull

In the Noughties, I started my career, met my future wife, got married, bought a house... In terms of gaming, I pulled back quite a bit. I had a PS2, and played some of the big titles, such as FFX (which disappointed me, though I know others love it), God of War, Metal Gear Solid 2, Prince of Persia, the GTA PS2 trilogy and Destroy All Humans! Oh, and PES, because every person in the UK must own at least one football game.

Towards the second half of the decade, I got a PSP, which meant FF Crisis Core, Syphon Filter (a forgotten gem), X-Men Legends, Virtua Tennis, Marvel UA, Valkyrie: Profile Lenneth, Metal Gear Portable Ops (terrible), Gurumin, God of War, Lego Batman, Tales of Eternia, et al. And then, in the past couple of years, as I’ve gotten back into gaming, I’ve picked it up again for P3P, Ys and Trails in the Sky. I’ve probably enjoyed my PSP more in the past two years than I did in its first two years.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Tendo64

Talking purely from a gaming experience here, the last years of the Nintendo 64 I found particularly exciting, having received a Nintendo 64 for my birthday from the old man in 2000.

GameCube didn't launch here until 2002 and I didn't get one til 03, so there was still a bit of life in the 64 yet, with year 2000 releases such as Banjo Tooie, Majora's Mask, Conker's Bad Fur Day (edit - think Conker was 01), Paper Mario, more of the Mario Party series, and the list goes on.

Could probably include games released late late 90s for the system too like Banjo Kazooie, 1080 Snowboarding, Star Wars Racer, Donkey Kong 64, Ocarina of Time and so on, given games in my case weren't bought right on release often back then and so anything for example released in 1998 would carry over to the year 2000, and even be played for the first time.

To me it was such a special time in gaming, not just for the quality of the games but for the community of it all. Nintendo 64 was the last console I think where a stack of friends also had one and many of the same games and therefore the overall experience was largely a shared one. I hadn't had this with any subsequent Nintendo consoles. None of my friends own a Nintendo Switch, for example...so I feel like even though I own all the best games and play online when I can, it's not an experience I share with people. In the remaining Nintendo 64 era in the early 2000s before GameCube hit the shelves here, I'd also meet friends on Friday nights at a local game store (this place was huge) and we'd play all the newest titles. Or we'd simply play at each other's houses for hours on end. Again, that wouldn't happen now.

While 64 was far simpler, the social side was tenfold than what it's ever been with any newer Nintendo console I've owned. So, fond memories of that era of gaming in the early 2000s.

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Magician

Steel Battalion The last time a game accessory was built for one game only that I enjoyed playing. That controller was a chunky beast. Outside of Labo on Switch you just don't see accessories like this in console gaming very often anymore.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Raylax

Watching Tennant's Doctor Who and playing Pokémon Emerald.

Which coincidentally was what I was doing last night. Some things never change.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

MarioVillager92

Getting my Game Boy Advance way back in 2001 was definitely a highlight. I was 9 years old at the time. It was the closest thing to having a portable SNES - I liked the updated visuals and sound, plus there were a ton of great games for it! Me and my brother had a ton of GBA games back in its heyday, collectively speaking. Super Mario Advance, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity were among the first games I had. And I lost my Game Boy Color a long time ago (that happened the year before, I think?), so that was great timing for me since the GBA was backwards compatible with GB and GBC games. To this day, the original GBA is the oldest Nintendo handheld I own, lol. Too bad there was no backlight, but thankfully the GBA SP fixed that.

I had a ton of memories with the GameCube as well, from 2001-04. There were, again, a lot of awesome games we had for it. Unlocking stuff in Super Smash Bros. Melee, me and my bro playing through games like Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door together...good times. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was the first Sonic game I ever had, and that's solely because it landed on a Nintendo console - my dad (understandably) thought it was still for Sega. That was the beginning of my Sonic phase way back then, lol. Getting Sonic Mega Collection was also great, since it had pretty much all the Genesis Sonic games in one disc.

Oh, and the early 2000s were also the time when I had my first non-Nintendo console, the PlayStation 2. We had a lot of PS2 games back then, but the Jak and Daxter series were definitely the most memorable to me. We had some PS1 games for it, too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

TheFrenchiestFry

Kim Possible and Recess

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Tendo64

Does anyone remember watching The Man Show on Comedy Central back in the late 90s and early 2000s? Best show ever.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Anti-Matter

@Tendo64
I watched Codename Kids Next Door from Cartoon Network on year 2004.
It was a very unique and creative Western cartoon that i really have interest due to Abbreviation of every episodes and weapon names.
For example episode L.I.Z.Z.I.E =
Love Is Zany Zesty Insanity Eh?

Weapon / vehicle names M.O.S.Q.U.I.T.T.O.H =
Massively Oversized Super Quick Undercover Icy Treat Transport On Heliojets

I have never saw something creative like that on other cartoons.

Anti-Matter

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic