Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 801 to 820 of 888

Slowdive

@BruceCM Torn is a nice tune, but after all these decades I'm still kinda tired of it because of airplay. Her subsequent singles and debut album are pretty good I must say. The latter is quite varied in terms of styles.

Leave Me Alone almost sounds like a Portishead tune.

Edited on by Slowdive

You can take me out of the '90s, but not the '90s out of me.

BruceCM

Well, it did get quite well played over here but not for a long time now, @Slowdive .... & not even as much as:

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Slowdive

@BruceCM Heh, I remember that! Was not a major hit in my country though. The Dutch charts were always questionable and shallow in terms of overall representation in my opinion. My eyes were always focussed mostly on the music coming from the UK, especially from 1994 onwards. It was a fantastic time for fans of electronic music and guitar music. Developed quite an eclectic taste because of it.

BruceCM

Well, there was certainly plenty of Eurodance/ techno/ pop around, @Slowdive .... Not sure about Dutch groups specifically, mind you!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Slowdive

@BruceCM Plenty! A lot of great stuff happened beyond the airwaves as well, fortunately.

Vinny

Recently listened to Aphex Twin's album Selected Ambient Works Volume II , which is a sequel to Selected Ambient Works 85–92. This one feels way more "dreamlike" than the first one and was inspired by lucid dreaming.
I found some of the tracks to be a bit creepy, but it's a great album all around.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

CurryPowderKeg79

I'm listening to Zombie by the Cranberries.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9 (SWITCH)(425+HRS)
THE WITCHER 3 (SWITCH) (65+HRS)
(JUST BEAT)
BULLETSTORM: D.O.S.E (SWITCH) (???+HRS)
WHAT REMAINS OF EDITH FINCH (SWITCH)(2+HRS)
THE OUTER WORLDS (SWITCH) (39+HRS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Slowdive

@BruceCM Yeah, 2 Unlimited were nice. My personal favorite is probably Get Ready for This. Many people saw them as a Dutch export product because of the Dutch front people, but the music itself was ultimately a Belgian thing. It is one of the many things my fellow Dutch take unjust credit for. In fact, Belgium was an incredibly influential country when it comes to dance music: Electronic Body Music, New Beat, Hardcore Techno, proto-Trance music, etc.. Acts like Praga Khan, Technotronic, and 2 Unlimited were just the tip of the iceberg.

This was the kinda stuff that really blew my mind in the very early 90s:

Slowdive

Some Hip-House from '89

Edited on by Slowdive

BruceCM

Well, I was only vaguely aware of them being Dutch, @Slowdive.... Can't say I knew about the Belgian parts! But I only heard the stuff in the general charts or around normal pubs

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 670 games (as of November 25th, 2020)
Currently playing: Va-11 Hall-A (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

WoomyNNYes

@Magician Ah! Keith Elam<3 That's Jazzmatazz volume 2!!. Mannn, I loved those albums. That MC Solaar song, think that was on the first one, has been in my head lately. "The good. The bad. Le bien. Le mal." 🤪🤪❤

Tell me you've gotten Deltron 3030!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League (platinum1 3v3, gold3 1v1), Splatoon 2
Would pay handsomely for Geoguessr on Switch

WoomyNNYes

@Magician Tell me you had Deltron 3030. If you never got into it, that's fine, but I'm assuming you have 😉. I burn out and can't go back to older music, but Deltron 3030 is one the exceptions - for me anyway.

"I used to be a mech soldier, but I didn't respect orders." 😁

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League (platinum1 3v3, gold3 1v1), Splatoon 2
Would pay handsomely for Geoguessr on Switch

Vinny

One of the chillest albums of the year.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic