Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,521

bimmy-lee

Liquid Swords by GZA. This one pretty much lives in my car and the carousel in my home stereo. So many great tracks. I think this album has the best kung fu movie samples of anything under the Wu Tang umbrella, as well as some of their finest performances.

@OldManHermit - I’ve never really known much about those fellas other than a few tunes, and I’ve always known Zen Arcade is acclaimed, but I had a chance to listen to Flip Your Wig, and it’s really good. It could have easily released a decade later in the mid 90s in the midst of the alternative wave. Good stuff, I should look into them more because it seems they were highly influential.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Rambler

@bimmy-lee, @OldManHermit
Liquid Swords is one of the greatest for me. Releasing that, Cuban Lynx, and 36 Chambers in such a small timeframe is incredible.

Husker Du are one of my favourite bands I think New Day Rising is my fave record by them, but I also love Everything Falls Apart and Metal Circus as well. It's that collision of hardcore punk and noise rock with a tinge of psychedelia (Zen Arcade and Land Speed Record are great as well)

The later albums I'm a bit ambivalent about. Flip Your Wig is great, but the production on the version have is really thin (don't think they were remastered for tape or CD), and, for me, Candy Apple Grey and Warehouse have good songs, put too much filler.

Sugar - Bob Mould's second band - was the first gig I attended, and also one of the loudest! But not as loud as SunnO))) and nowhere near as loud as My Bloody Valentine!

Rambler

OldManHermit

@bimmy-lee @Rambler Yeah, only discovered Husker Du maybe about 6 or 7 years ago, but they've quickly become one of my all time favourite punk bands. Flip Your Wig is my personal fav, but
Zen Arcade and New Day Rising are also excellent. New Day includes pretty much my favourite song of theirs, Celebrated Summer,

I tend to listen to it around this time of year as summer is right around the corner. Awesome you got to see Bob Mould play live! I still need to explore his other stuff.

OldManHermit

Kermit1

@inenai That's my jam... and what I'm listening to right now

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Bug Fables, Phoenix Wright Trilogy

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

bimmy-lee

Aurita Castillo

@OldManHermit @Rambler - Really appreciate the info, I’ll do New Day Rising next. I love when this forum leads me to a new/old band with a nice collection of albums to work through. Rambler, I’ve probably posted here about Liquid Swords before today, it’s just one of those lifetime albums.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Kermit1

This sounds like a midnight drive

Toto is more than just Africa.................

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Bug Fables, Phoenix Wright Trilogy

Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TheJGG

@WoomyNNYes Wow, that is something else. I really… really need to try that. Something about that heavy harp pedal makes me absolutely swoon.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Metroid: Dread
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Vortexeo

Currently addicted to the new Lorna Shore 😂

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Magician

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 935 games (as of May 5th, 2022)
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Vortexeo

@WoomyNNYes Yup pretty much lmao! 😂😂😂

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Pizzamorg

Just discovered Merchant Ships have been added to streaming services, so I am reliving all my favourites.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Mario Tennis Aces. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. RingFit Adventure.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. WWE 2K22. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

Kermit1

@Pizzamorg That top picture is amazing lol!

I'm listening to Band on the Run again (still my favourite album ever)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic