Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 2,108

Kermit1doesmath

@Truegamer79 Kate Bush is underrated (though I'm not a huge fan of her music I still think it's cool)

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

@Kermit1
Er, she's usually considered one of the most important and influential artists of last 30-40 years

Edit: god that looks really condescending! Sorry!

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

@Rambler Yea 100%, I don't normally like female singers (It's a voice preference thing), but I do enjoy her music and voice.

Kermit1doesmath

@Royalblues I love Squirrel Girl! She beat the whole universe lol, I gotta listen to that sometime.

Mioaionios

Haven't seen the movie yet, but the original score of Thor: Love and Thunder sure is a banger.
Michael Giacchino has done it again.

Mioaionios

Rambler

@Magician
I love the way Suzanne uses that dance version as the basis for her live (a capella) performances of the song.

She played Glasto this year, but I could only find one performance of one song

Rambler

Mioaionios

One of the articles on NL today reminded me of 2 Many DJ's.
These guys are the world's best at what they do.

Mioaionios

Rambler

Songs you like by artists you don't normally care for

I'm sure that it's not just me that this happens to - ooh, that song is great! What does the rest of their stuff sound like? Erm....

So here's some great songs, IMHO, that come from artists I'm otherwise not a big fan of.
(It's mainly dead old stuff, so beware).

Sunshine Smile by Adorable
Absolute wondeful blast of shoegazing. The rest of their stuff is just not as good; plus it started to morph into Britpop

Iron Sky by Mega City 4
I should like them - I've tried - but it's just too much of a late 80s / early 90s archetype to get excited about. This however, is amazing

Hyph Mango by Joy Orbison
Astonishing, minimalist UK bass /funky. The rest of his stuff just noodles around

Eject by Senser
This is a bit different - I should love Senser. UK hip-hop / rap mixed with rock and a bit of thrash. A million miles away from fratty nu-metal. Never saw them live, but I've got a load of tapes of concerts, which are excellent. Their first single is just wonderful, so I bought their debut album the day it came out, and took it back an hour later. The funky, percussion-lead dynamics had been squashed in favour of a generic rock production, swallowing any sense of style. The music wasnt that good after the first album, but the first should've been immense. Anyways, the single mix of eject - the UK answer to PE & Anthrax:

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic