Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,661 to 8,680 of 12,088

TheFrenchiestFry

@Balta666 Is it underrated? I don't really think it's frequently left out of the conversation when discussing the better 3D Zeldas even if Ocarina and Majora usually dominate the conversation

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

It doesn't help that the first 3 - 5 hours of the game are so boring. It's really lacking in the charm department, IMO. And yeah, the gene pool in Link's hometown looks VERY shallow. The wolf sections all feel like a waste of time as well.

The main thing is has going for it is the dungeon design, which is pretty solid, and easily the best sidekick in the series in the form of Midna.

I haven't played SS, but it'd probably be at the bottom of my Zelda game list, I think. They're all great games, so that's not particularly damning.

As for Chrono Trigger, I did play the NDS version, but it didn't leave much of an impression on me. Earthbound also wasn't my cup of tea.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

VoidofLight

The only reason I could never beat twilight princess was because of the one fight in Hyrule field with the guy on the boar. My heart beats out of my chest every time.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jedgamesguy

@Balta666 After playing Skyward Sword again (the first four dungeons at least) I appreciate Twilight Princess a lot more. Not that it degrades my opinion of SS but it made me realise TP is a good game. The world's a bit empty but there's a ton of heart pieces, bugs, and puzzles, and easily the best dungeons I have ever played through in any Zelda game. Massive, engaging, and challenging all in nine excellent packages. I miss those kinds of dungeons, because those were adventures in of themselves.

Midna's one of the best sidekicks for sure, her development is quite good. The characters in general are. But the artstyle ages poorly for sure.

@VoidofLight I couldn't beat it (over ten years ago that is) was because how terrifying the hands were in the eighth dungeon.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I honestly should dig up my Wii U and play Twilight Princess HD from start to finish, since from what I’ve played, it’s one of the better entries.

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight I think that too. I'm able to but the convenience of having my Switch play almost all of the games I also have on Wii U stops me. I wouldn't do it just yet though, I plan on waiting until after a possible September Direct. If nothing TP-related is announced I'll play through it, and if so, I'll buy the game.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

HotGoomba

Mario Kart 7 is the worst non-mobile Mario Kart.

All of Mario Kart Wii's control schemes suck.

Double Dash is great, but doesn't need a full sequel, I'd rather Nintendo bring it back as a mode.
Super Mario Kart is god awful, so is that GBA one who's name I forgot.

Mario Kart 64 is amazing, but there's little reason to come back to it.

Mario Kart DS is the best one just for having R.O.B. as a character.

The arcade Mario Kart games are incredibly underrated and need to be on consoles.

I love how Mario Kart 8 only had one item slot since it had more strategy.

8 Deluxe is the only Mario Kart we needed on Switch, but Live was a cool concept.

Mario Kart Tour is awful, I know that that's a common opinion, but my god I hate it, Mario Run is so much better.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Anti-Matter

@HotGoomba
Kinda agree with Mario Kart 7 situation where you cannot choose individual track for Vs Mode with CPU.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

Mario Kart 7’s only advantage is introducing gliding, which was executed better in 8. 8 is probably my favorite, but I’m nostalgic for 7, as I played it often as a child.

MarioVillager92

@HotGoomba Yeah, agreed with you on Tour...it's the only Mario Kart game that I really dislike. The controls are absolute garbage and it's infested with loot boxes. I like how there's a bunch of alternate costumes for all the characters, and the tracks are okay enough, but that's about it...and I'd really rather unlock the costumes rather than paying for them.

I have a lot of nostalgia for Mario Kart 64, as that was the first one I've played. So I may come back to it for that nice nostalgia trip, but I usually play Mario Kart 8 these days. I haven't played Super Circuit (that's the GBA game) for so long and there's not much incentive to come back to it, honestly. Mainly because it's not too content heavy (aside from the secret Super Mario Kart tracks) and it's not as multiplayer-friendly as many of the other games.

Agreed on the arcade games...would love to have them on Switch.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

Mario 64 is kinda well it is pretty much trashy, the controls are wack, the camera never works, mario slips of anything and everything, a lot of the stars wasn't well thought out, The shifting sands is one of the worst mario maps I have ever played (I said one), and last and not least, the final level of that game is just screaming delete me, Oh but the music rocks.

@HotGoomba Hard agree with you on tour, that game is the one mario kart game I think I just dislike, and maybe 64. Mario kart 8 is the best mario kart I've played, If I were to play the likes of double dash and such I might like those more,

Also the best rainbow road for me so far is mario kart 7's.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

kkslider5552000

Snatcher wrote:

Mario 64 is kinda well it is pretty much trashy, the controls are wack, the camera never works

Counterpoint, compare Mario 64 to any other 3D game made before 1998.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

It kind of saddens me how Tour has so many new characters, and cool cosmetics which may never come to the next entry.

I’m just hoping Nintendo doesn’t pull a tennis aces with the next Mario Kart, and give us a barren game with a few characters, carts, and cups, then updates more into the game later… with the courses just being really basic.

Snatcher

@kkslider5552000 LMAO.

@VoidofLight They should have just did all that for a new mario kart game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

HotGoomba wrote:

Mario Kart 7 is the worst non-mobile Mario Kart.

All of Mario Kart Wii's control schemes suck.

Double Dash is great, but doesn't need a full sequel, I'd rather Nintendo bring it back as a mode.
Super Mario Kart is god awful, so is that GBA one who's name I forgot.

Mario Kart 64 is amazing, but there's little reason to come back to it.

Mario Kart DS is the best one just for having R.O.B. as a character.

The arcade Mario Kart games are incredibly underrated and need to be on consoles.

I love how Mario Kart 8 only had one item slot since it had more strategy.

8 Deluxe is the only Mario Kart we needed on Switch, but Live was a cool concept.

Mario Kart Tour is awful, I know that that's a common opinion, but my god I hate it, Mario Run is so much better.

Yes, fair enough.

Yes, it was such a chore to play.

I haven't played Double Dash but I'm all for that.

Haven't played it but I agree.

I loved DS, and funnily I never even unlocked ROB

I played one at a Dubai airport... not bad at all!

Didn't think of it that way but fair.

Yeah 8's just fine. It's a great game with a ton of tracks and racers. Good to tide us by.

That's why I never got it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jump

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Snatcher wrote:

Mario 64 is kinda well it is pretty much trashy, the controls are wack, the camera never works

Counterpoint, compare Mario 64 to any other 3D game made before 1998.

You make it sound like Bug! and Bubsy 3D weren't the height of 3D platforming!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sunsy

Been playing Claymates on SNES Switch Online, ok I got to admit, some of the ideas here are cool, and I'm enjoying the game.

Speaking of Switch Online's SNES and NES offerings, I kind of like some of these lesser known SNES games that get put onto the Switch Online. Yeah they're not well known games, but I really enjoyed playing Magical Drop II, Psycho Dream, Pop'n TwinBee and Panel de Pon, which didn't even come out in the US, nor did I know anything about them.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

kkslider5552000

I feel bad for the more obscure games that get **** on because stupid manbabies hate games that aren't referenced in Super Smash Bros.

I feel not remotely bad for Nintendo, who have humiliated themselves for ages now because their unfortunately otherwise successful plan of giving people old games instead of improving their actual online service has exposed itself because all those other companies with old games people still care about don't actually need a virtual console and can just re-release games how they want.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic