Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,521 to 8,540 of 12,088

LArachelDisciple

@Ralizah Graphics were fine, yeah. I say improving the overworld animation for the flying Pokemon especially and adding some voice acting would be my priorities as far as presentation goes. Paid GTS is lousy, absolutely, but I rarely trade anyway so I wasn't as hit by that in practice.

The worst part for me was that it seemed like I was being left out of the interesting parts of the game. Leon just kept telling me to keep doing the gym badge sports competition while he gets to go confront the trouble afoot and have the adventures. It really got under my skin!

I wouldn't be surprised if the dlcs are an improvement. If so, awesome! Good signs ahead! I probably won't try them myself, though.

Edited on by LArachelDisciple

LArachelDisciple

Nintendo Network ID: YoSaZo625

jump

LArachelDisciple wrote:

-Wayforward should be brought in for a new Earthbound game. I think their writing is fun and quirky enough to make a good one.

That’s a hard disagree from me, it would be a sin for anyone other than Shigesato Itoi to do the writing of an Earthbound game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

Yeah literally no one on Earth should make a new Earthbound, let that series rest. I rarely feel that way about a game series, but I really feel it here.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blooper987

@kkslider5552000 I totally agree. I’m all for having Toby Fox or someone working on a remake of the trilogy or a translation for mother 3 though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

LArachelDisciple

Well, the Earthbound one turned out to be unpopular after all! Guess that's what I'm here for.

I do still strongly feel that Wayforward could make a great new entry to a smaller Nintendo franchise. Maybe Kid Icarus, Drill Dozer, or Ice Climber.

Edited on by LArachelDisciple

LArachelDisciple

Nintendo Network ID: YoSaZo625

Nicolai

@Jackpaza0508 My problem wasn't any of those, it's the battle royal mode. I have this thing about games that reward you for nothing, and Fortnite is one of the worst offendors. The few times I played, I managed to get 2nd place and 3rd place, mostly from hidding in bushes for long periods of time until the final few people found me. It's really awkward feeling, because I've barely put any time into getting better at this game, but the only way I can get a better score is if I get significantly better at scouting, aiming, building, finding weapons, and who knows what else, which will no doubt take hundreds of hours at the rate I'm going, so that I can beat the highly skilled last guy in a skirmish.

It doesn't help that shooters aren't my favorite, by and large. That's probably a big part of it too.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

anynamereally

LArachelDisciple wrote:

I do still strongly feel that Wayforward could make a great new entry to a smaller Nintendo franchise. Maybe Kid Icarus, Drill Dozer, or Ice Climber.

Modern Drill Dozer would be amazing. It could be even better in 3D, and using the same visual style as Splatoon.

anynamereally

GilbertXI

Is it a hot take to consider Splatoon as one of Nintendo's best franchises? Cause honestly I don't know at this point.

GilbertXI

Snatcher

Splatoon 2 form what I played kinda sucked, Its about painting but the player base is just mean, taunting 24/7, cheese strats and more.

But all I played was the free demo and i'm still going to pick up 3.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

GilbertXI

The Splatoon playerbase is no saint, not gonna doubt that, but the matchmaking system at least for me worked pretty well in separating the super competitive players from the casual ones. When Splatoon 3 comes around I would wait a bit for the tryhards to unlock ranked mode and then it will at least be better.

As for the cheese strats....yeah that's just a multiplayer staple, I don't know what to say about that.

GilbertXI

Snatcher

@GilbertXI Sadly I think it sucked at doing this to as I always found tryhard's in both modes. They need to have Matchmaking based on skill, amount of wins, kill, paint, and so on, and not based on rank as anyone could have cheesed it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

GilbertXI

But matchmaking based of of kills, paint and skill would kind of go against the point of the game. The whole point in the weapon design is that there are some weapons that are simply better at killing and some that are better at painting. Matchmaking based off of either of those will just confine the game to a single meta and wouldn't solve the issue. And given Splatoon being a game about painting AND killing, skill based matchmaking as in stuff games like COD does with K/D would fall into the same issues of the first two.

And I thought amount of wins was something it did already, although I think that should be introduced to turf war mode as well if that's what you mean.

GilbertXI

kkslider5552000

GilbertXI wrote:

Is it a hot take to consider Splatoon as one of Nintendo's best franchises? Cause honestly I don't know at this point.

It's 2 games so no, but also if there were more games, not until they fix a few major issues or change certain things.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GilbertXI

Thank you all for your responses, I genuinely didn't know, and was just curious. I also want to say that I am not saying the games are anywhere near the realm of perfection, this was purely subjective, but I'd be happy to debate about them if you so wish.

GilbertXI

jump

Id personally rank Splatoon pretty high on my Ninty franchise list and it’s sales are very strong to support the argument too.

It’s created a game lore, the game oozes personality, it’s very playable and it’s unique. I’d like a bigger solo player mode and a better voice chats options but I’m excited for Splatoon as much as I am for Mario, Pokemon etc.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Snatcher

@GilbertXI @jump I agree with both of you, again I can't really give a opinion on agame I played for like 10 hours, So I have no time to actually learn how to play the game, I waited bc I knew three was going to be on the way, and I was right.

jump

@Snatcher even ignoring it as a game as a franchise it’s had managed to pop up in Mario Kart & Smash, has its own toy line, a manga and they have even done their own gigs. As a franchise that’s pretty strong.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump As a franchise for me, Its really made a breakthrough, and as a good nintendo franchise its great, I have read the lore and its amazing, The music is great, the characters look great, the game looks great,

Splatoon is just great alright.

Snatcher

Look I know people think pyra/mythra is busted in SSBU, and for the most part I agree, But I really don't get the smash community sometimes, "Pyra/Mythra are no skill characters, Oh look Steve is to hard to play I don't like him" Thats the thing about smash bros, There is going to be a character that people like , people hate, I feel like It was great to get pyra/mythra After the so called "Hard to pick up steve" But I do understand how they feel, I really do think there OP, but they have to think about how the hell they would nerff them.

Bc Solo they suck, if pyra was just pyra she would be to slow to actually get any kills, Mythra doesn't have the kill power even with her speed, And this is one thing I hate, you can hate a character and you know what, there are some characters that really are annoying, But do you really hear anything about it now? the hype went down and Maybe (Probably) people found them boring, OOOOOOOOR, all the hate just scared them off form playing the character.

Like playing bayonetta in smash 4 was really going to get you hated, I mean she had a combo that didn't even allow you to move, you could do that thing at 0%,

But what about the other's? Pyra and mythra get hate bc there a so called No skill character, that Can kill hella early, and has speed at the same time, I wouldn't say its the same as doing a stupid combo at 0% that didn't even get you a chance to play,

And for the most part I do indeed agree with all this, pyra and mythra, sonic, Bayonetta, and so on, But I think the smash community can get a little hostel some times, Like me, I have been a sonic and pokemon trainer main for a long time (my main, main being pokemon trainer) But I stopped playing sonic, bc you were hated for just playing him, and you can hate sonic, but don't hate the player, its not there fault, Sonic just has a bad design, Pyra and mythra kinda has the same issue, as Nerfing or buffing them wont really fix them.

But i'm not a game dev, so idk or will never, have any idea on how hard it would be to do this ( I guess I could but I wont),

I would have liked it if I wasn't basically kick out bc I wanted to play sonic, But luckily, I was mainly a pokemon trainer main, still i'm, 2nd being steve, 3rd Inkling 4th Pyra and Mythra, But now I guess I'm going to have to drop them, bc you will get no respect for playing a "No skill character" even tho MKleo over here was playing them its fine, Oh and still lost matches Gee I wonder why.

This is mainly a rant, and this is not well thought out at all, and bc of this it can be shifted, It wouldn't be hard, But if you did read this to the end, thank you, I might also put this in the smash thread, but I felt like this was unpopular.

Buizel

@Snaplocket Have you played through it in its entirety? I finished the demo last night and really enjoyed what I played...but do wonder if it all comes together to justify the £35 price tag. What did you particularly enjoy about the game?

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic