Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,501 to 8,520 of 12,088

BruceCM

Are you sure it was the 3,325,267th, @Tyranexx ....? But have you played Mario + Rabbids? She joins the team with guns in that game, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

There was Super Princess Peach too where as a female character she uses her power of having emotions to the beat the game. Who says Peach's role in games is sexist!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Think the more appropriate number would be 299,792,458th time!

I also prefer Rosalina over Peach. Her personality is... existent and her voice is really calm. I also like her colours better...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@CactusMan Well the F1 and Gran Turismo games are realistic enough that F1 and Polyphony hold massive tournament events over them. Plus, some racers turn to online racing if they can’t get a budget for a real life campaign. Like Igor Fraga, who became a GT champion after winning the Toyota Racing Series...

Immersion for me gives people better emotional investment in games.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@BruceCM @jump @Tyranexx Can we also just remember how Peach just dumped mario on the moon on top of taking his air ship? Ya she kinda sucks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG Regarding realism & racing, when Forza Horizon 4 came out, I remember a quote from their development during a making-of, or interview, video, they no longer wanted ultra realistic like Gran Turismo has been aiming in the past, and they came to the conclusion that the next step is "a more beautiful reality". It wasn't a dig at Grant Turismo at all, but an interesting philosophy I hadn't heard anyone mention before.

@Snatcher Yeah, Peach is a jerk in Mario Odyssey. After beating Odyssey, every time I see Peach in each world, I'm like "Why are you even here!!?? Screw you Peach." It's seriously mixed signals.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ChakraStomps

@Losermagnet you are spot on. Me and my girlfriend avoided all online stuff of Breath of the Wild for over a year as we played and discovered everything on our own and even kept from spoiling anything between ourselves by being careful to not talk about something until we knew for sure we both experienced it.

Multiplayer games can be great but you have to be around like minded people which can be rare to find

ChakraStomps

ChakraStomps

@TheFrenchiestFry After a regular play thru sure but it seems they deconstruct the games from the start and thus uncork spoilers for the internet to spread before most people even begin playing

ChakraStomps

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I haven't, but I've played games where she's a playable character! Though they've been few. Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Bros. 2/USA, Super Mario RPG, 3D World….. I like how she's been handled in some of the spinoffs, but the damsel in distress thing is so overdone at this point that the spinoffs blatantly make fun of it.

@TheJGG Agreed. Rosalina has a better personality, an interesting backstory, and lives on probably one of the coolest locales I've seen in a Nintendo game. Not to mention I'm slightly biased towards anyone wearing my favorite color.

@Snatcher While I kind of get Peach's reaction at the end of Odyssey, it felt hollow with all that buildup. She could have at the very least taken Mario off the moon with her!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Tyranexx At the very least.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

BruceCM

Yeah, hopefully they might come up with some other ideas for Mario games, @Tyranexx .... Perhaps, to follow on from Odyssey, Rosalina could get Mario & then they could have some adventure in space, again?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Perhaps! I really wish she'd returned in Odyssey in some form, maybe in a sort of sub-role like Paulina had in the Metro Kingdom. Maybe she'll appear in a sequel if that ever shows up?

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Snatcher wrote:

rosalina is better then peach, Ya I said it.

Paper Peach > Rosalina > Peach

I'd like to justify this by saying that Peach is never interesting as a character, Rosalina is interesting for 1 game, Paper Peach is interesting for 3 games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

Maybe, @Tyranexx .... No idea if Nintendo plans a sequel or not but whatever their next Mario game is, it could have Rosalina!

SW-4357-9287-0699

MaryAux

I am absolutely agree with you concerning Minecraft. It's awful game. I didn't find anything interesting in Minecraft world, really. It's a game for small kids i think.

Don't worry - be happy untill you die :D

Jackpaza0508

Unpopular opinion: Fortnite is really fun and doesn't deserve the hate it gets online. Sure, the dances may be kinda cringey. But it's really easy to jump into and have a fun, tense battle royale. The storyline is really ambitious (if a bit complicated) and some people may think that the crossovers are just cashgrabs but I personally think they're pretty cool. I've spent about 731 hours in the game (This is a total of my playtime on Xbox one and PS5 btw) and I feel like that number is gonna keep growing. If you've been skeptical about playing the game, I highly recommend giving the game a go.

He/Him

Ralizah

@Jackpaza0508 It's a competitive shooter, so why are you building platforms and stuff? I never quite understood that. I'm not inherently opposed to the game, but something about it just doesn't click with me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jackpaza0508

@Ralizah The building mechanic is for building extra defense in case you're in an area with no houses or fences. It also comes from the fact that fortnite battle royale is a side mode for Fortnite Save the World (The main game before battle royale became popular) which is a tower defense survival game where you build massive forts to fight zombies.

He/Him

LArachelDisciple

-Always hearing that Cappy should replace F.L.U.D.D. on Mario's Smash moveset, but I disagree. Cappy should replace Cape. Using Cappy to turn the enemy around is a natural way to use the possession mechanic without needing wild additions to how Mario works. Also, F.L.U.D.D. should use the Hover and Rocket nozzles to replace Super Jump Punch for recovery and Mega Mushroom should be his Final Smash.

-Nobodies had a terrible effect on the Kingdom Hearts series. They put the focus more on vague philosophical ideas over having fun adventures in Disney worlds.

-Pokemon Sword disappointed me more with its storytelling and abandoning the cool Trial Captain concept to go back to Gyms than any issue of graphics or missing Pokemon.

-Sonic Colors DS (And the Sonic Rush games)>Sonic Colors Wii

-Ace Attorney is the best Capcom franchise, without exception and by a significant margin

-Wayforward should be brought in for a new Earthbound game. I think their writing is fun and quirky enough to make a good one.

LArachelDisciple

Nintendo Network ID: YoSaZo625

Ralizah

@LArachelDisciple I thought the graphics in Pokemon Sw/Sh were fine. Not amazing, but the art-style was nice enough, and it looked like the logical evolution from SuMo's look. Gimping the in-game multiplayer and tying GTS to a separate (PAID!) app was infuriating, though. The game is probably the easiest entry in the series, which was disappointing after SuMo's welcome bump in challenge level, and the lack of voice acting was particularly noticeable this go around. The towns were all tiny (seriously, compare any area in Sw/Sh to X/Y's Lumiose City). And, as usual, there's no exploration outside of the horribly executed wild areas.

I do need to try the DLCs, though, which I hear improve on the level design in the base game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic