Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,361 to 8,380 of 12,088

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter These characters aren't "evil", they're just characters, plain and simple. Heck, Joker is one of those characters, and in Japan, he's literally from a Teen rated game. (Persona 5 is only M rated in America I believe). Characters like Bayonetta aren't even that bad to be honest.

M rated games aren't inherently evil either. Sure, there's games with massive amounts of gore, but not all M rated games have gore in them. You can get the M rating for multiple reasons, such as: Cursing one too many times, references to drugs, nudity or partial nudity (yes, artistic nudity also counts), and darker themes.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JokerCK

Oh boy here we go again the holy guardian of goodness is back. Dude please use your brain before write that kind a stuff okay? This is not the first time, you do this all the time. And you always take refuge in the excuse that English is not your mother tongue. If it's not your native language then don't write this kind of thing. The solution is that simple. We're being nice to you. But don't exaggerate anymore.

JokerCK

JokerCK

Removed - harassment

JokerCK

Anti-Matter

@JokerCK
I have stopped ranting.
I felt frustrated to answer those questions.
I just want to have some peaceful moments.

Anti-Matter

TheFrenchiestFry

@Anti-Matter lmao quit playing victim just because you said some really dumb stuff you clearly didn't think about before posting

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

AnnoyingFrenzy

Playing through the BioShock collection. BioShock 2 is better than BioShock 1 and so far better than BioShock Infinite. Will update as soon as I finish it.

Xbox Live Username: Annoying Frenzy
Switch Status: Purchased!

jump

@AnnoyingFrenzy Yeah, all three are great but 2 is my favourite for gameplay and controlling a Little Sister is proper wtf moment. 2 really adds and expands in 1s gameplay whilst 3 felt like a step backwards with being more a straight shooter and lacks bosses.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

PlusUltra

@Zuljaras. Sundered eldritch edition is pretty cool, i havent finished it yet but when I play it makes me think of castlevania and things it does different or potentially better, plus four player same console co op is a cool option.

PlusUltra

AnnoyingFrenzy

@jump Yeah, that Little Sister moment at the end was a big "wtf this is awesome!" moment for me and then being able to summon my own Big Sister was another bonus. 2 really did perfect the gameplay of 1. I was able to get through BS1 on the hardest difficulty using only the wrench, pistol, and electroshock plasmid. In BS2 I was using a much greater variety of plasmids and weapons, probably because of how much scarcer ammo and weapons are. Working through Infinite right now, and I'm back to using only a few guns and the crow vigor exclusively.

Edited on by AnnoyingFrenzy

Xbox Live Username: Annoying Frenzy
Switch Status: Purchased!

jump

@AnnoyingFrenzy To me 2 suffers from being the "forgotten middle child", the first one is what most people think of when someone mentions Biochock and the third one does it's own thing to make it stand out as well being the most recent.

I'm not really sure how I would rank the three to be honest, I had the most fun with 2 so I'd probably put it top and I'd probably flip a coin to decide on 1 & 3 but all three of them are good so it's doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

dionysos283

Not sure how controversial this is, but:

For me Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are still the best 2 games on the Switch. I recently played through both of them again and it was still a blast. These two are already modern classics for me and I know I will continue to play them every 1-2 years.
I really enjoyed other games on the Switch, but almost none of them have any replay value for me. They were fun, but only the first time.

So after 4 years BotW and Odyssey are still the best 2 games on the Switch imho.

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

Losermagnet

@jump I'd like to revise my earlier statements about Bioshock Infinite. It (maybe) has the best first third of the Bioshock series 😆. After that it nose dives hard. Around the time they really get into the Vox Populi plot and you have to find weapons for them I started to check out mentally. The story starts to move away from Booker and Elizabeth; they become errand runners which leads into a really unsatisfying explanation of tears. The design even suffers, because now most areas are large with multiple paths that are only unlocked when the game allows it. Fink Town > Gun shop > Fink Town > Club > Fink Town > Factory > Fink Town > then next area. Buh! I almost finished the game last night and then I realized I don't care to. It's the same problem with the "ghost" of Lady Comstock. I forgot you have to fight her three times in three different locations. WHY!?!

I had read into the creation of Inifinite a bit and evidently it was a troubled production that saw the game change drastically. Thats why the trailers that came out before release are quite a bit different than the final game. For instance, it sounds like Elizabeth was more like a witch. She ostensibly still is, but it's framed differently.

I still like a lot of what's there. Elizabeth bing a tragic Disney princess who's moved to brutal acts, Booker's sordid past as a Pinkerton, Columbia being a man-made Heaven (that's not at all very heavenly). But that only goes so far. After the focus on the Vox Populi the story loses it's nuance.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Losermagnet

@dionysos283 I agree with that completely. Those are the 2 must-plays on the system and they haven't been surpassed. Although your pic reminds me - I think Hollow Knight is one of the best games on the Switch and i'd consider it a must-play indie game. I'm super exited about the sequel.

dionysos283

@Losermagnet
Hollow Knight is certainly in my top 5! But I haven’t had the chance to replay it yet and I don’t think it surpasses BotW nor Odyssey.

dionysos283

Losermagnet

@dionysos283 it's a bit niche innit? Still one of my favorites though.

MarioVillager92

@dionysos283 I can agree with you right there too. Though Breath of the Wild came out on Wii U as well, it was one heck of a launch title for the Switch - it came out at just the right time and I put so many hours into it. Super Mario Odyssey pretty much made me want a Switch to begin with though! That reveal trailer had me pumped and the game delivered in spades when it came out. It's one of my favorite Mario games too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jump

@dionysos283 They are both considered top tier entries from two top tier franchises so yeah, your unpopular opinion is a fail. ;p

Personally I liked but didn't love Odyssey, there just wasn't enough of the well designed level and challenges that I'd expect from Mario and it would struggle to make my top 20 Switch games. I would honestly put Luigi's Mansion 3, Captain Toad and 3D World over Odyssey but that's just me.

@Losermagnet That's because 2 is the best one ;p

I like some of the tricks it does like travelling back to the events in the game you have already seen and being part of the revolution is something that probably should be shown.

I agree with the ghost fights, it's wasn't memorable the first time let alone three times. I find the game is really lacking a good boss fight, it's probably got the best variety of baddie fodder but I loved the Big Daddy and Big Sisters fights from the other two so it sticks out as missing too much.

Whilst the where her powers comes from isn't as important as to what she's doing with them I would have liked a better explanation of Elizabeth's power, her finger being cut off doesn't cut it (lol) for me.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

DannyBoi

Would it be illegal to download the dinosaur planet rom that was released a while ago?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

jedgamesguy

@dionysos283 @jump I’ll also say that Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are very different games for their respective series. I’d also say that I struggle to rank Odyssey as high as I’d rate other games such as 3D World and the three 3D All-Stars games. The controls are simply put very good but it’s such an easy game, that focuses on collecting so many meaningless moons, some of which are just lying under a rock or just there. The puzzles are also... just boring. I would have preferred something like Galaxy, where you had a wide variety of courses with four or five Stars, that took time and effort to get.

Even though Breath of the Wild and Odyssey got the same Metacritic score of 97 BotW deserves it infinitely more because of how much it did different to past video games in general. It was also a larger game in scope, detail and size.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic