Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,261 to 8,280 of 12,088

jump

@Losermagnet Itoi was definitely hands on with Mother 3, with it's development so messy with it being for SNES first, then the N64, N64DD, GameCube and finally the GameBoy Advance the director credit shifted on the final version?

Maybe I just should take it back and they should have someone new like Hideo Kojima do Eathbound 4! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Losermagnet

@jump Ness is Snake! And that makes Jeff Otocon....and Raiden is Poo? I'm sure some fans would agree with that. Not sure who Paula would be though...

With Itoi I'd say the most important thing is that he's the writer. His background is in writing, not game development. Earthbound Beginnings is a bit messy and even Earthbound was rebuilt by Iwata.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Snatcher

This may just be me or sounds like I'm getting on the hate train but, when I was younger and in joying fez I went on the internet and looked up A man called Phil Fish, He made fez and all that, and I don't really dislike people, I don't really well hate them, But man Phil he just pushes all my buttons, Now I never watched the indie game movie on netflix, but I Read up on his twitter post, And He sounded like A pretty mean guy, But I wasn't trying to be that guy who just saw whatever People hated and started hating it to, In fact I felt like (At the time) I was like the only dude to hate him, bc I mean why would people hate a indie dev who made this amazing game,

All is good till well I saw how he treated his fans, but it wasn't just fans, this guy hates gamers and I didn't understand why at the time but now I know, I think it was bc he thought they were hard critics or somthing, but this is were my dislike for him stem'd from, But what really broke the camels back, was we he just * SNAP * Fez 2 out of existence and you know some times, stuff like that happens maybe you didn't have the money or just didn't want to work on it, But The reason why he quit was bc He didn't like what people had to say about him, yep thats it he stop'd the Whole DAMN game for that.

But the thing is It kinda felt like a middle finger to gamers when he did that, and it just showed he never gave a crap about the fans who stood up for him and supported him, nope everyone had to love him, and not only that he did do stuff to make people angry Which I can find understandable, And if he felt like people were acting like jerks fine, not going to tell the guy how to feel, every game has its issues and every dev gets hate, I think he should have been there for his fans, I was one of those people who was ready to support him, I was ready to get fez 2 but he got rid of the whole thing over critics, that right there showed me all I needed to know all the past comments he made, I could't defend any longer.

And thats how I got to my dislike for him today, not to say I don't like the game, I think Phil was really great at what he did and he almost viewed gaming like a work of art, But man the dude had some issues.

Now you guys can get mad at me and like I said i'm not to sure if anybody else feels the way I do, I For this reason of him getting rid of fez 2 I didn't think we would get it on the switch and I don't know why he did it (Maybe he said it idk). So This is why I posted this here in the unpopular gaming opinions cuz You know I can just say what I think and how I feel. (Sorry if there is poor spelling I was typing in the moment LOL, and thank you if you read though this whole rant on why I don't like this dude I just really really needed to say it to people without hopefully getting flamed)

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Anti-Matter

Hunting for obscure games such as KeyboardMania PS2, Martial Beat PS1, Beatmania IIDX PS2, DDR for consoles are such a delightful experience rather than playing AAA Cookie cutter Western games.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

“Cookie cutter western games” are better than dancing and rhythm games.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

I wouldn't touch most of the stuff anti plays but there's some great rhythm games like Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure or Cadence of Hyrule out there.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight That in response to Anti's post or a post by itself? Because, objectively, that's a popular opinion. Gedouddahere!! ;P

An unpopular opinion from me is that Dragon Quest XI is one of the greatest Role-Playing games I've ever played in my life. I say this because while it's a traditional game it does too much right and takes so many steps forward for the franchise.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@TheJGG moreso a response, but I probably should elaborate. I just really feel eh about rhythm games. I could never get into things like rhythm heaven, and games like dance dance revolution or Just Dance feel sort of cheaply made. Never been one fir dancing though.

VoidofLight

Now for an unpopular opinion: I’m sick of Among Us. It’s been months now, and the memes are driving me insane. The game itself isn’t very remarkable, but the fanbase is what makes the situation worse. I wish I can kind of escape the memes, but they’re posted everywhere I look. It’s been more than 5 months now, and there’s no sign of it stopping..

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight Mate, mate, you have no idea how much I wanted to say that. Just didn't know how to say it properly. This game has gotten way outta proportion and I literally don't give a single damn about the game, the fans or the memes. So many games have been ruined by fanbases (Undertale being the prime example), and I never thought Among Us was all that good a game.

It's a fun game but I don't think it's a good one. From a game point of view it looks so primitive, things like graphics and HUD are way below the standard nowadays, and the game design itself is so repetitive and bland. I can guarantee that if the coronavirus pandemic didn't happen this game wouldn't have gotten popular.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dogorilla

@Snatcher Yeah I haven't really looked into the situation with Phil Fish but I get the impression he's quite unpleasant. I'll probably still get Fez at some point but his reputation puts me off a bit.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I think it was popular only because of the circumstances. The game came out in 2018, but didn’t get popular until the Henry Stickman collection in 2020.

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter Well mad respect for that, not every day you find someone who can do that.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
When i tried DDR blindfold for the first time, i was panic in the middle of the song and it messed up all my stepping then i Failed. I barely see anything and only depending on the song as the cue and i have to keep focus to listen the music, not get distracted by other sounds. Also, i have to keep my arms holding the bar and my bare feet keep stepping the dance panel correctly as i have to prioritize safety first. Before that, i played DDR Blinfold facing to the monitor but now i can play DDR blindfold in Mirror position (facing backward the monitor)

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter Honestly, that's pretty impressive.

kkslider5552000

VoidofLight wrote:

Now for an unpopular opinion: I’m sick of Among Us.

Yeah, its really rare that a game is so obnoxiously impossible to ignore. I already bought the game so I can't say it negatively effected my interest in it, but it is pretty eye rolling. I mostly blame the "everything is Among Us character if you look at it a certain way" meme that everyone has to do all the time. It's like if the Loss meme was far more mainstream, haaaaaate.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 That meme just.. feels aggravating. The worst part is when they try to do it to characters who don't look anything like it, like draw a crewmate around Mario's eye or something..

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Blind folded??? Damn Good job.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic