Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,121 to 8,133 of 8,133

jump

@TheFrenchiestFry technically RE7 is out on Switch, it's Japan only and can only be streamed online.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

@jump Truly the definitive way to play the game

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Lindhardt

@TheFrenchiestFry Capcom has been going pretty downhill lately. It feels like the only IP they really care about anymore is Resident Evil. (But hey, now we have 2000 ways to play street fighter 2!)

Lindhardt

TheFrenchiestFry

@Lindhardt They've been getting their crap together in terms of stuff like Resi, Devil May Cry, Mega Man and Monster Hunter, and SFV has come a long way since how barebones it was at launch, but I'm still waiting on stuff like Darkstalkers, Breath of Fire, Viewtiful Joe and a good Dead Rising game

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

kkslider5552000

Capcom is doing way better than they were this time last gen, but they've still succumb somewhat to "AAA companies can't put out more than a couple of games a year" syndrome. I don't think they've put out 3 new games in a year this entire generation (even if you count RE2/3 as new games).

Like you have your handful of relevant franchises, and everything else gets a download only port of a 10 or 20 year old game with better resolution at best. I'm honestly really sick of even the better gaming companies doing this. They could've put out a new Advance Wars, a new Crazy Taxi, a new Dino Crisis etc

And then you get to the really bad stuff, like EA having both Star Wars and Bioware forever and not doing a new KOTOR. Or Xbox One only putting out 2 new Rare follow-ups (and only one new Rare IP) despite owning Rare and putting out a giant collection people bought in droves. It's so dumb.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

Very unpopular opinion, i guess almost all of you never knew if this Rhythm game was from Capcom and created by former DDR sound director and artist Naoki Maeda who literally was from Konami.

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

@kkslider5552000 ea is flat against story driven single player games because multiplayer focused competitive GaaS has far more monetization opportunity for a much longer tail at far lower co cost. Ubisoft has made a sharp turn down that rabbit hole the last few years. Even nintendos clearly moved that way. I'm not always a huge fan of Sony's wannabe movies, (though in fairness, they're a film company....) But thank goodness for them banging the story single player drum very loudly and continuously. With them doing so and their frequent success, they keep other producers emulating them.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 RE2, RE3, RE7, RER2, Devil May Cry V, Shinsekai: Into the Depths, Mega Man 11, Monster Hunter World, Monster Hunter 4/Ultimate, Monster Hunter Generations/Ultimate, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice...

I'm sure there are more, but those are the current gen Capcom games that jump to mind.

Current Games:
Super Mario 64 (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC)

Apportal

Unpopular Opinion:

Pikmin 3 is better than its predecessors.
It was larger, had a better story, more areas to scope, more intriguing worlds, better enemies, and to top it all off the best Pikmin.

Apportal

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

RE2, RE3, RE7, RER2, Devil May Cry V, Shinsekai: Into the Depths, Mega Man 11, Monster Hunter World, Monster Hunter 4/Ultimate, Monster Hunter Generations/Ultimate, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice...

I'm sure there are more, but those are the current gen Capcom games that jump to mind.

The main ones you're forgetting are Dead Rising 3/4 Street Fighter V, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Strider, which came out 3 months after the Ps4/Xbox One. Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is weird in that it came out in Japan before this gen but after outside of Japan. Multiple reasons why I'm not sure if that counts or not.

oh and Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps lolololololololol

That's 19 games at most? I think? So let's say 3 a year. So it isn't quite as bad as I thought. I legit thought it was 2 a year.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Blooper987

@kkslider5552000 the great ace attorney games were in Japan only. Don’t know if they would count but they were this gen I think

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 Ah, there you go. So, around three games a year, and they're mostly really high-quality, sometimes best of series stuff. I just wish we were getting original content for the Switch, but I guess I should be glad that Chris Redfield isn't punching boulders anymore. They've done an amazing job with the series this gen. We'll... forget that Umbrella Corps is a thing.

Current Games:
Super Mario 64 (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC)

kkslider5552000

I played Umbrella Corp at the first PAX I went to. It was the most "that sure did exist" experience possible.

But its one of those things where it feels like companies are failing to keep up their pace from previous years. I mean, on top of everything else...that Onimusha remaster did well. But how much time do they need to remaster any of the other ones? How much development time does the presumably inevitable Megaman 12 need with its fairly relative meh graphics? And at least some companies are making gigantic games, Capcom's mostly making games comparable in length to games they were making 15+ years ago. I think. And that's fine by me tbh.

Honestly at this rate, I'm gonna go all in on not wanting companies to keep advancing graphics, because I'm worried this problem will just keep getting worse.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic