Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,061 to 8,080 of 12,088

jump

@timleon @BruceCM

Thing is the reaction to a game that gets 2 and different game that gets 4 is exactly the same despite it being two ranks higher whilst a two or even one rank higher in a 5 star system means something so the 0-5/10 is just a weird blur of the same that lacks definition to me. Like a 5 which is the middle point isn't considered an average game, 7 is average for most people for some reason which askews the whole thing too. Or perhaps if the overall quality of games is getting better a revaluation of what an average game is nowadays needs to happen maybe.

A nice straight forward 5 star system like below would be great to me.

5 Stars, those great games that will forever appear in the best ever lists
4 Stars, excellent game
3 Stars, a mixed bag or good but unremarkable game
2 Stars, poor games or with heavy flaws
1 Stars, rubbish games or broken unplayable messes.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

Playing DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Drummania, Para Para Paradise and Keyboardmania on PS2 with actual peripherals are more joyful than playing AAA games.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Yeah, I just doubt it'd make any real difference, @jump .... At least with proper reviews, there should be a bit of writing/ video about the game, which is the part I like If you can persuade most review sites to adopt your system, I don't mind, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

I don't get what people like so much in the Persona games. Anyone care to explain as when I tried to watch videos of it they all look as cringey anime crap.

jump

@BruceCM That's why I need your help! I'm planning on running a campaign to change things for the better. If you could just give even a small donation it would help pay for the lawyers, advertising and all that which is needed to tackle the politics involved. Let's Make Reviews Great Again!

@Zuljaras To be honest I thought you had an anime avatar and found it weird you keep posting about how you don't like anime in here til I realised it's something not anime related.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Zuljaras

@jump Phew! Thanks! Not that I am against anime but most of it is dramatic cringey stuff. Like The World Ends with You.

So there we go another unpopular opinion is that The World Ends With You is just terrible

Buizel

@jump That is true, and I do get your point (I always found the upwards skew quite baffling myself) but it would require the whole gaming media to jump onto the same standards.

I think functionally we already have your scale somewhat covered:
5 Stars, those great games that will forever appear in the best ever lists - 9s and 10s
4 Stars, excellent game 8
3 Stars, a mixed bag or good but unremarkable game 7
2 Stars, poor games or with heavy flaws 5s and 6s
1 Stars, rubbish games or broken unplayable messes. 4 and lower

How a reviewer tells the difference between a 4 and a 1 though? I have no clue.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

jump

@Zuljaras I found The World Ends with You great myself, the combat was really fun. Having an engaging combat system is something that is missing from most turn based RPGs I find, theres so many times I will just press the same attack over and over without thinking.

Tbh your avatar isn't even that different to the demons you find in Persona/SMT, there's loads but I randomly linked a few below;

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/eirikr/lists/the-smt-demoni...

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

jump

@Zuljaras I saw after posting it and I've edited it now. It's a shame there's not a preview post thing on this site as this forum is so funny with posting pics at times.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Losermagnet

Zuljaras wrote:

...they all look as cringey anime crap.

@Zuljaras There's a fair amount of that for sure. I think it has to so with game design. You progress through a calender year as a student and that naturally imposes a limitation on what you're able to do in the game (hang out with person a or b, dungeon crawl or work a part time job). That's a large portion of the content. Another area of significance is the combat. You fight demons, and the demons have personalities and can be persuaded to join you. Piss em off and they'll keep fighting back. Demons you have acquired can be fused to create new ones. The designs are really creative and usually have some basis in myth or fantasy lore.

Tldr: it's pokemon for adults (jk 😝)

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

Losermagnet wrote:

The designs are really creative

They are creative... ;p

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Losermagnet

@jump i was hoping somebody would post mara (Im a ludite and dont know how to post images)

jump

@Losermagnet You just need to copy the image address and then put it in between these [ img ] [ /img ] but take over the spaces between the brackets and "img". Now you can post all the penis demons you want!

Nicolai wrote:

Zuljaras

@Losermagnet @jump So you are telling me that the game is deep with mythology and that the anime cringe is only on the front. Hmmmm I have to research it some more. I was quite turned off by the whole "high school student, codenamed Joker" ...

Also I am assuming that the game is loved by so much as it is one of the top rated games for the PS Vita and because many gamers cry why Persona 5 (I think) is NOT on the Switch.

jump

@Zuljaras You'd be better off from trying Shin Megami Tensei rather than Persona (Persona is a spin off from SMT) as it's got a darker look and feel comapred to Persona I think you may like, both are great though. However Hitler is a bad guy in one of the Pesona games and is yet to apear in SMT so maybe Persona wins out.

People are talking about Persona 5 specificly as it's the game that has really broken through into the mainstream compared to the other games.

Nicolai wrote:

Losermagnet

@jump ah, thanks. Im at work now so I'll have to see what I can conjure up later.

@Zuljaras Hm....yes and no. It's still basically a role playing emulation of a high school student who defeats evil with the bonds of friendship. It runs a bit deeper than that but you get the idea. It benefits greatly from being part of the long-running Shin Megami series. As @jump put it, they lean more towards supernatural/horror RPGs and all of the games seem to reuse designs and themes from older games. Persona just "scooby doo-efies" them by like 30%.

Edited on by Losermagnet

I-U
  • 15 years later, Metroid Prime Hunters is still the best game to come from the Metroid Series. (Happy 15 year Anniversary)
  • Since Wii Fit Trainer is a playable character in Smash, I do think Ring Fit Trainer should be one of the last two characters for Fighters Pass 2 if it really is the last batch of DLC for Ultimate.
  • Super Mario Sunshine will always be up there with the best of Super Mario due to its world building.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic