Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,681 to 7,700 of 12,088

kkslider5552000

Papichulo wrote:

But generally these games are rehashed crap like FIFA.

lmao imagine calling Final Fantasy rehashed

if anything the series tries way too hard to innovate, often for no reason

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Krull

@Papichulo I understand hating turn-based RPGs - fair enough. But you just said you hate them apart from the ones you don’t! That’s like me saying I hate racing games apart from Gran Turismo 3, Forza Horizon 4, F Zero and Wipeout...

By the way, although I do like Final Fantasy as a series, I also think Final Fantasy Tactics is the best one. I’m not even sure that is all that unpopular an opinion!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Benjoo

My nintendo subscription ended and I've realised I won't actually miss it. Does anybody else feel the same?

Benjoo

LEGEND_MARIOID

@DePurpleMonkey They were effectively their own versions of the game themselves as they had different gameplay mechanics (using DS's touch screen as well as the conventional handheld button & pad controls). I think one or two of them had a story mode where their console counterparts often didn't. I preferred the home console ones as local mutliplayer was better.

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

LEGEND_MARIOID

@TheFrenchiestFry I actually did like Xenobalde Chronicles 2 but I felt it was a little overrated by many. Still just about scrapes a 9/10 for me, but still. It's no where near an all time great like the first one.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Laoak

@Benjoo I agree. My switch online has been gone for 2 weeks and I've not missed it once except for the SNES games. I don't believe it is an abysmal service but it definitely needs some work and playing online on 1st party switch games is usually a terrible experience except for 1 or 2 games.

{funny quote here}

DePurpleMonkey

Some other thoughts I have:

The first MGS is easily the weakest one (gameplay-wise)

Sonic works better on 3d than 2d

The 3ds Pokemon games are actually pretty good

Microsoft always has the worst console each generation

I actually wouldn't mind if Fortnite got represented in Smash (through a stage or Mii fighter costume)

What are you looking at?

TheFrenchiestFry

@Papichulo Imagine calling a series where literally each main entry is completely different from one another just rehashed and carried over like an annualized sports game series. That's not even an unpopular opinion, that's a straight up uninformed/ignorant one.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@DePurpleMonkey Weakest Solid game? Sure.

Weakest Metal Gear game? Hell nah. And I ain't even talking about Survive since that's Metal Gear in name only, but the first MG game on MSX feels so archaic in comparison to even MG2.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Krull I hate action games except every Devil May Cry, God of War and Bayonetta game /s

TheFrenchiestFry

DePurpleMonkey

@TheFrenchiestFry
Oh yeah MG is easily one of the weakest in the franchise, well that's until Konami tries to make another awful excuse for a videogame.

What are you looking at?

Krull

@DePurpleMonkey I completely agree with you about Microsoft, but it’s not that I necessarily think the Xboxes are the worst consoles in every generation - on technical specs they’re not - they’re just the least compelling ones. As I don’t like Halo and don’t care about racing games, there is no earthly reason to pick up an Xbox over its Sony or Nintendo equivalent. Both the alternatives have better and more varied first-party software - and better third-party exclusives too. Xbox might run multiplats better, but not enough for me to care.

That said, the Series X might have a chance this time around, given how many studios Microsoft has bought. Elder Scrolls 6 will be a great riposte to FFXVI.

But if you’ve got a halfway decent gaming PC, it’s not relevant anyway.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

MPSSislit

@ToadBrigade
Sorry to hear that your experience with Mario + Rabbids isn't that good. I've definitely heard that it can get really hard, real quick.
I definitely think 3D All Stars is a great collection as well. I know some people expected a remaster (or remake), but I'm just glad that the collection even exists.
I haven't played Luigi's Mansion at all, but hopefully I'll be getting Luigi's Mansion 3 at Christmas (if not sooner).
I like the New Super Mario Bros Series as well. NSMB Wii (or DS) would be my favorite NSMB game.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

MPSSislit

I like the Mario & Sonic series, and find them to be pretty fun. I especially like the Dream Events, as they add more variety to the Olympics, and just make the game more fun overall.
I know that M&S was going on a downward spiral for a while, but I definitely feel like it's headed in the right direction. All it needs are more Dream Events, remove Guest Characters and make them playable in ALL events, and for the OG announcer to come back, as he's been MIA from M&S since Rio.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

TheFrenchiestFry

Persona 3 Portable >>> Persona 3 FES

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Krull I've never gravitated towards Microsoft's IPs in general compared to Nintendo's or especially Sony's, so I've never been super involved with the Xbox ecosystem outside of owning a PC.

I do hope Microsoft does make a rebound and show that they won't just bank on two shooters and a racing sim to sell units again, and I think Bethesda's a big get, but so far no title has gotten me excited for their next gen prospects outside Hellblade 2 and Avowed, and those are clearly a ways off.

I wouldn't say they have the worst console each generation because outside the original Xbox 360 and Xbox One I don't think any of them are inherently bad as consoles, it's just that their libraries seem so samey outside the original Xbox, which was truly when MS was at their most competitive.

TheFrenchiestFry

Wargoose

I don't know if this is a hot take or not, but I really dislike silent protagonists. Especially in games where every other character is voiced. It just feels jarring to me. I get in some games they're trying to make you feel like the protagonist, but I don't think they need to do that. I honestly don't think it adds anything to the experience

Wargoose

GilbertXI

@Losermagnet oof, sorry for the late reply. I guess that counts, but even then, there's that one guys who tries to convince everyone 15 FPS are more realistic than 60 FPS. I take the phrase beauty is In the eye of the beholder to heart, i guess that's what I was trying to say.

Naughty dog games are ok i guess, i consider them rainy day games. I don't like the gameplay, really boring. But I did like Death Stranding, and that had insanely boring gameplay for most people, so I guess I'm weird.

GilbertXI

TheFrenchiestFry

@Wargoose I personally hate silent protagonists when they're designed very specifically to fit in with the other party members who can talk. The biggest example I can think of is Megami Tensei protagonists. Flynn not so much because his costume's kind of uniform with everyone else's in SMTIV, but characters like Kazuya, Raidou, Demi-fiend and especially the Persona MCs I find are undeservedly bland.

TheFrenchiestFry

GilbertXI

Silent protagonists are a mixed bag for me. Something like Link or the dragonborn makes sense to me, but if there were to be a silent protagonist in a linear game(with the exception of some jrpgs, and as mentioned before LOZ) it would feel stilted or even lazy on the devs part. Depends on how it's implemented i think.

GilbertXI

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic